• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Leslie Kean and Charles Halt

You make a lot of sense but politics doesn't always make sense! :D

I think they have a case though: a UFO seemingly managed to halt air traffic for a good while over O'Hare for not so long ago. That meant a risk of fuel starvation to holding aircraft. A drone? If so, it was quite advanced. Good point though!

When weird things fly weirdly in front of a pilot's aircraft, I think the stress of it would be a hazard in itself. Or there's the risk of being blinded by freaky lights.

I know I'd be crapping my uniform if I was the pilot in the JAL-flight over Alaska, dang!

These crazy aliens probably had that in mind LOL
UFO sightings on AnonymousFO.com - UFOs and alien, news, and reports. Find out what are ufos

A bit like when James Cameron heads down to the deep freaking out those life forms. I remember doing a bit a snorkeling near Cancun, as soon as I approached parrot fish they'd crap lol.
James Cameron - DEEPSEA CHALLENGE Team

Speaking about James, I like how he says that Wilbert Smith never accepted to use the term UFO, because to him it was too (conveniently) watered down. He always referred to them as flying saucers ;)

And as for my own question, I guess there's the Valentich case of '78, but that's about it.

Agree with red pill re: Halt vs. Robbins, as Halt is basically saying that everything outside of his version of events is basically mythology, invention or disinformation. But when you go deeper into Halt's versions of events over the years there have been inconsistencies. I no longer have as strong an opinion on the Bentwaters case after this show. If anything it only proved that the phrase "multiple witnesses" no longer bolsters a paranormal or ufological claim. Instead it only confirms the fallibility of humans reporting what they saw and experienced, and the more exciting a case is the more likely there will be 'high' conflict over what actually happened - strange indeed.

... If anything it only proved that the phrase "multiple witnesses" no longer bolsters a paranormal or ufological claim ...

The above is too general a statement to make. If anything, the example shows how accounts from multiple witnesses helps to establish the credibility of a case. In this case multiple witness accounts combine to shed doubt. In other cases they may reinforce a case. Either way, more information from independent witnesses provides more data to work from and is therefore better than a single witness account for establishing what happened.

Who me? Or was that rhetorical?

Yes, it was directed at you. Your approach is very detail oriented, you're apparently never against a debate, you ruminate heavily, not intimidated by large walls of text (reading or writing them lol).

Just reminds me of a lawyer friend I have and a number of engineers I've known. Was just curious and/or stereotyping you ;-)

Yes, it was directed at you. Your approach is very detail oriented, you're apparently never against a debate, you ruminate heavily, not intimidated by large walls of text (reading or writing them lol).
Just reminds me of a lawyer friend I have and a number of engineers I've known. Was just curious and/or stereotyping you ;-)

Thanks. But with all the lawyer jokes out there I'm not sure if I should be taking it as a compliment or not ;). It's actually funny you should ask that question because I had originally thought about going into school to become a lawyer, but somewhat ironically, was talked out of it by my dear old Dad who said, "Take a look in the phone book. It's full of lawyers. And besides, why would you want to make a career out of sitting around all day dealing with other people's problems. That would be Hell."

Suddenly it struck me that what he was saying made perfect sense. So I decided to do something creative instead and went into Fine Arts. Anyway, I 'm sure you don't want to hear my entire life story. The long and short of it is that I've always had an interest in UFOs and pursued it enough to be considered a quasi-professional ufologist ( if there is such a thing as quasi-professional ). So my posts here are in that spirit and capacity. I take it seriously, at least when not posting in the Funny Stuff or Space Babes thread or wearing my tin foil pyramid shaped hat. ;)

Oh, yours is pyramid shaped is it? That explains everything.
It's a superior design. As one keen poster noted previously, not only does the pyramid power keep my brain sharp as a razor blade, it also acts as a psionic resonator that focuses and reflects harmful psychic energy back to the enemy agent(s), turning them unknowingly into my slave puppets. Because it's so efficient, I only have to don this amazing ( and surprisingly stylish ) piece of headgear once a week or so ... while concentrating on my crystal ball.

It's a superior design. As one keen poster noted previously, not only does the pyramid power keep my brain sharp as a razor blade, it also acts as a psionic resonator that focuses and reflects harmful psychic energy back to the enemy agent(s), turning them unknowingly into my slave puppets. Because it's so efficient, I only have to don this amazing ( and surprisingly stylish ) piece of headgear once a week or so ... while concentrating on my crystal ball.

The forces of darkness don't stand a chance ! lol :cool:

With every profession goes a persona. It's an occupational hazard. Back before I retired, I met a friend of the family who was an electrical engineer. He asked me what I did for a living. I told him I was an electronics tech. "Are you sure?" he said. Because you seem like a pretty nice guy!" Go figure....

All in all a good show. Would be interesting to get Col Halt and John Burroughs and Jim Penniston on at the same time. I thought I had heard somewhere that there was/is some disagreements between the three.

Ray just posted about this at last at UFO Updates: 1971 Costa Rican Photo Is Prosaic Object

Thanks for the above. The object sure does look like a flashlight reflector. On the Photo however the image is very small. I'm no photo expert, but wouldn't this require a lot of optical reduction? On film that would have meant access to the government film and a photo lab with an enlarger/reducer. This sort of implies that the government guys hoaxed it. Or could it have been a reflection of a similar shaped lighting fixture inside the aircraft reflecting off the glass below the camera lens at just the right moment?

See the graphic in Christopher O'Brien's post here: Famous 1971 Lago de Cote, Costa Rican UFO hoaxed? | The Paracast Community Forums

Back