• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Lee Harvey Oswald, Fool

Free episodes:

Charlie Prime

Paranormal Adept
These guys get paid to do evil, criminal things, but they are always shocked and surprised when they get double-crossed by the very people paying them to do evil, criminal things. Fools.

The worst was probably CIA JFK-killer E. Howard Hunt. He helped slaughter thousands of people, then had the nerve to cry about maltreatment by the government after he was an old man and they took his money.

These guys get paid to do evil, criminal things, but they are always shocked and surprised when they get double-crossed by the very people paying them to do evil, criminal things. Fools.

The worst was probably CIA JFK-killer E. Howard Hunt. He helped slaughter thousands of people, then had the nerve to cry about maltreatment by the government after he was an old man and they took his money.

Charlie,
About three months ago I remember you recommending this one particular documentary quite strongly, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. I really enjoy doc. viewing. This one looks excellent but before I comment on it's actual subject matter I would need to get home from work and watch it first which I am going to do.

If you get a moment this weekend, could you maybe list a few docs. that you personally think are excellent? I am not always into the heavy political conspiracy stuff, but I do really enjoy as much. Some of my favorites in terms of just insanely funny and charming hilarity are The Dancing Outlaw, and, Vernon Florida.

More on the above fascination soon!

Listened to a radio interview today of Philip Shenon about his latest book, "A Cruel and Shocking Act". Shenon manages to mostly avoid being slapped with the label "conspiracy theorist" while carefully documenting a curiously botched investigation and its mounds of missing documentation.

I really enjoy doc. viewing.

Me too. I really don't even watch regular television anymore. I watch like three or four documentaries a week instead.

What topic were you wanting documentaries on ?

If Kennedy, this one is a bit old, VHS quality, but the most comprehensive... The Men Who Killed Kennedy.

Ask me what subject, and I'll try to recommend a docu for it. Here's my system...

To make collecting and viewing documentaries easier, I recommend the following free tools.

Once a week I scan the following places for anything interesting...

Documentary Heaven | Watch Free Documentaries Online

Documentary Network - Watch free documentaries and films online

Underground Documentaries

VICE - YouTube

MOTHERBOARD - YouTube

Journeyman Pictures - YouTube

ThunderboltsProject - YouTube

NatureKingdom - YouTube

Brien Foerster - YouTube

TheLifebeyondearth - YouTube

News And Documentary - YouTube

SevenTorrents - Download High Quality Movies

Free sign-up required, but worth it:
Tragedy and Hope / Members Only

Last edited:
Tip: After you install DownloadHelper,

- right-click on the button in Firefox
- select "preferences" > "behavior"
- change "upon clicking the icon" to "open menu".

This gives you the option to save as .mp4 files which any computer or phone can play.

Other tip.

To get DownloadHelper to download properly, you often need to open these YouTube videos in their own tab.

Click where it says "YouTube".

openyoutube-1.jpg

Me too. I really don't even watch regular television anymore. I watch like three or four documentaries a week instead.

What topic were you wanting documentaries on ?

If Kennedy, this one is a bit old, VHS quality, but the most comprehensive... The Men Who Killed Kennedy.

Ask me what subject, and I'll try to recommend a docu for it. Here's my system...

To make collecting and viewing documentaries easier, I recommend the following free tools.

Once a week I scan the following places for anything interesting...

Documentary Heaven | Watch Free Documentaries Online

Documentary Network - Watch free documentaries and films online

Underground Documentaries

VICE - YouTube

MOTHERBOARD - YouTube

Journeyman Pictures - YouTube

ThunderboltsProject - YouTube

NatureKingdom - YouTube

Brien Foerster - YouTube

TheLifebeyondearth - YouTube

News And Documentary - YouTube

SevenTorrents - Download High Quality Movies

Free sign-up required, but worth it:
Tragedy and Hope / Members Only

Hi, Charlie

I'm a documentary fan also. Thank you for your posting. It's a great resource for finding documentaries all over the web. Have you got any tips for learning how to use the bitstream technology?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Have you got any tips for learning how to use the bitstream technology? Thanks again!

De nada. I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what bitstream technology is.

If you are referring to watching a video as it downloads, qBittorrent does not do this, but uTorrent will. This is considered bad form because it negatively affects the health of the swarm. Explanation here:

Sequential downloading is bad - VuzeWiki

Addendum: I'm using a different client now, Tixati. qBittorent is better for women and children, but Tixati is OMG complicated and powerful fun for geeks. You can minutely control every aspect of your traffic.

Tixati.com - Home

De nada. I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what bitstream technology is.

If you are referring to watching a video as it downloads, qBittorrent does not do this, but uTorrent will. This is considered bad form because it negatively affects the health of the swarm. Explanation here:

Sequential downloading is bad - VuzeWiki

Addendum: I'm using a different client now, Tixati. qBittorent is better for women and children, but Tixati is OMG complicated and powerful fun for geeks. You can minutely control every aspect of your traffic.

Tixati.com - Home

Thanks, Charlie!

Back