• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Last Minute: Ecker and Murphy!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Our favorite curmudgeon, Don Ecker, joins cohost J. Randall Murphy for an episode to be recorded Thursday, July 5th, from 2 to 4 PM Pacific time.

Ask away.

The internet has provided a platform to convey and detail so many threads related to the UFO file, the esoteric schools, government coverups, witnesses, and theories conveniently connecting every last node on this topic. After a couple years of devouring everything available, podcasts, books, internet, personal interviews, in my opinion, one thing has become clear.....The government IS in control of this narrative and now has all of the "creative insights" of all the paranormal outlets to craft the most convenient and covert explanation at THEIR convenience, UFOs being real or not, simply put....can we even know the truth being so far down the river at this point? In your opinion what would the truth even look like, who would it come from, and how could they be credible?

The internet has provided a platform to convey and detail so many threads related to the UFO file, the esoteric schools, government coverups, witnesses, and theories conveniently connecting every last node on this topic. After a couple years of devouring everything available, podcasts, books, internet, personal interviews, in my opinion, one thing has become clear.....The government IS in control of this narrative and now has all of the "creative insights" of all the paranormal outlets to craft the most convenient and covert explanation at THEIR convenience, UFOs being real or not, simply put....can we even know the truth being so far down the river at this point? In your opinion what would the truth even look like, who would it come from, and how could they be credible?
Got your questions in for Don. His answer is classic Ecker. I'd like to touch on it some more in the ATP which we're recording Saturday ( I think ). Most of this show revolved around Bill Cooper: Bill Cooper? Are you kidding?

Here's a question for anyone out there who's interested. When did you first hear about the alien/JFK connection as a possible assassination theory? Or what's the earliest reference you've run across? I'm trying to track down who and where this theory got started. I remember coming up with it independently around 1990, and Cooper's book was released around the same time, but it's questionable whether or not he came up with it himself or got the idea from someone else. It seemed like an idea percolating out there in the collective consciousness around that time.

Last edited:
There are several things I enjoy about The Paracast, however, no two things do I love more than 1) Mr. Don Ecker and 2) when Don discusses Milton William Cooper. Seldom have I heard anyone so thoroughly eviscerate a person the way Don Ecker can (and does) Cooper. I think the reason I enjoy it so much is for the personal connection it holds for me. Aside from reading Streiber's Communion as soon as it came out in the mid-80's, I spent little time thinking about UFO, or paranormal, phenomena. When I was 26yo a co-worker of mine in the music business who had been heavily raised on conspiracy theories and alternative medicine (sidebar: he claimed growing up in the Vegas suburbs his family owned a "Tesla Coil" medical device that speeded up the body's healing but used so much energy it often shut down the area's power grid) turned me on to what, at the time (1991), seemed like the Bible of conspiracy theories - Behold A Pale Horse. I devoured it, hook, line and sinker, and it subsequently sent me down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole for at least the next decade. I eventually pulled myself out of that morass of fear-mongering and negativity (and bullshit) and have since mostly recovered. I still like the idea of a good conspiracy theory, I just think very few hold up to even the lightest scrutiny of facts.

One conspiracy theory I've read many books on and still hold to be credible is the JFK assassination. However, none of the books I read introduced the "alien exposure" angle that I've subsequently heard discussed amongst more dubious researchers. I do remember going to a couple of Lt. Col. James "Bo" Gritz lectures in Los Angeles in the early-to-mid '90s and Gritz mentioning not only the "driver shot Kennedy over his shoulder" theory, but that the reason was to stop Kennedy from confirming the existence of aliens (and I think he threw in the disbanding of the CIA as well for good measure).

Anyway, enough about my origin stories, I love Don's knowledge, insight and humor about all of these infamous characters, such as Cooper, John Lear, and others of similar ilk. Can't wait for the show and companion ATP episode.

Last edited:
Back