• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Lake Vostok - 14 million years being buried under Antarctic IDE sheet

Whoa, nice find. I had heard of the project but didn't think they would actually do it anytime soon. Hmm... I guess the one-week-radio silence is not that unusual with a place that far away from civilization. And probably they'll only find some real old but sterile water.

But still... I'm glad that their first radio message wasn't something like "We are not who we are" (if anyone remembers that). :D

Whoa, nice find. I had heard of the project but didn't think they would actually do it anytime soon. Hmm... I guess the one-week-radio silence is not that unusual with a place that far away from civilization. And probably they'll only find some real old but sterile water.

But still... I'm glad that their first radio message wasn't something like "We are not who we are" (if anyone remembers that). :D
Yep and then they would begin to quote "The Thing" movie characters ;)

Back