• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

KLF more than just a pop group!

dr.abbadon

Paranormal Maven
Wow I used to listen to these guys tracks in the 90's and always wondered what the hell they were talking about in their songs.
Pyramid_Blaster.png

Doctor and Tardis, KLF 3 am eternal. Ancients of MU MU.

Used samples of other peoples music, took the mickey out of the art industry and the music industry. Made millions and then BURNED IT !

From the outset, they adopted the philosophy espoused by esoteric novel seriesThe Illuminatus! Trilogy, gaining notoriety for various anarchicsituationistmanifestations, including the defacement of billboard adverts, the posting of prominent cryptic advertisements in NME magazine and the mainstream press, and highly distinctive and unusual performances on Top of the Pops. Their most notorious performance was a collaboration with Extreme Noise Terror at the February 1992 BRIT Awards, where they fired machine gunblanks into the audience and dumped a dead sheep at the aftershow party. This performance announced The KLF's departure from the music business, and in May 1992 the duo deleted their entire back catalogue.

More from Wiki re their fascination with the illuminati

The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu[edit]
Early in 1987, Drummond and Cauty's collaborations began. They assumed alter egos—King Boy D and Rockman Rock respectively—and they adopted the name The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu (The JAMs), after the fictional conspiratorial group "The Justified Ancients of Mummu" from The Illuminatus! Trilogy. In those novels, the JAMs are what the Illuminati (a political organisation which seeks to impose order and control upon society) call a group of Discordians who have infiltrated the Illuminati in order to feed them false information. As The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, Drummond and Cauty chose to interpret the principles of the fictional JAMs in the context of music production in the corporate music world.[citation needed] Shrouded in the mystique provided by their disguised identities and the cultish Illuminatus!, they mirrored the Discordians' gleeful political tactics of causing chaos and confusion by bringing a direct, humorous but nevertheless revolutionary approach to making records, often attracting attention in unconventional ways. The JAMs' primary instrument was the digital sampler with which they would plagiarise the history of popular music, cutting chunks from existing works and pasting them into new contexts, underpinned by rudimentary beatbox rhythms and overlayed with Drummond's raps, of social commentary, esoteric metaphors and mockery. (This technique is rather similar to that used by The Residents on their album Meet the Residents).

The JAMs' debut studio single "All You Need Is Love" dealt with the media coverage given to AIDS, sampling heavily from The Beatles' "All You Need Is Love" and Samantha Fox's "Touch Me (I Want Your Body)". Although it was declined by distributors fearful of prosecution, and threatened with lawsuits, copies of the one-sided white label 12" were sent to the music press; it received positive reviews and was made "single of the week" in Sounds.[17] A later piece in the same magazine called The JAMs "the hottest, most exhilarating band this year.... It's hard to understand what it feels like to come across something you believe to be totally new; I have never been so wholeheartedly convinced that a band are so good and exciting."[18]

Many ideas were transfered from the "Principals of Discordia"
Principia Discordia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Discordia_roninpresscover.jpg

I used to know a guy named "Bello B" (Isaac Bello) who did some tracks with the KLF, I remember asking him what he thought about them burning that money, and he thought it was a waste and they should have given it to charity instead, but as he was not part of the "group" he had no say in it.

its the "illuminatus trilogy" by RAW i.e. the books not the illuminati which RAW describes here for neophytes ;

Back