• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Kennedy assassination

The drummer in my band spent many years as a sniper for the army, with multiple tours in Vietnam and Panama.

I asked him if he thought he would be able to make the three shots from the book depository. He replied that there was no way he'd ever make three shots like that.

He'd only need one.

For what it's worth...

If he had a Carcano Rifle, and a 4 X scope like Oswald, he might need 2.

I would have chosen something a little more reliable, and you could have easily bought a nice Winchester or Remington in a local gun store, WITHOUT it being traceable if you paid in cash.

If I were Lee Harvey Oswald, and I wanted to take out JFK, there were plenty of better vantage points to do it. This idiocy of shooting a target that's moving away from you is utter nonsense. Any trained Sniper will tell you that you ideally want a target that's stationary, or coming towards you for the simple fact that you don't have to track a shot as much, and adjusting fire is a lot simpler.

Your Sniper friend will tell you the same thing.

If he had a Carcano Rifle, and a 4 X scope like Oswald, he might need 2.

I would have chosen something a little more reliable, and you could have easily bought a nice Winchester or Remington in a local gun store, WITHOUT it being traceable if you paid in cash.

If I were Lee Harvey Oswald, and I wanted to take out JFK, there were plenty of better vantage points to do it. This idiocy of shooting a target that's moving away from you is utter nonsense. Any trained Sniper will tell you that you ideally want a target that's stationary, or coming towards you for the simple fact that you don't have to track a shot as much, and adjusting fire is a lot simpler.

That's one of the things that has always struck me as wrong. I've actually inspected the "kill zone" in Dealy Plaza, and the vantage point that Oswald allegedly fired from is just a piss-poor choice for even a half-assed sniper, much less a Marine. Who the hell thinks "I'll need to make a quick getaway, better go up to the 6th floor?" Why the piece of crap Italian rifle? A Remington 30.06 would be my first choice at that range and one bullet would be all that is necessary. Kennedy rolled into the middle of a turkey-shoot and he was the turkey. The fact that Jackie O. jumped on the rear trunk of the Lincoln trying to scoop up chunks of brain, in vain hopes a doctor could fix it, makes it obvious, to anyone who doesn't have their head stuffed up their ass, that the kill-shot came from the front.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JmPJVzvlP5o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JmPJVzvlP5o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

he is a drummer in a band, he is high. ;)
The fact that he is a drummer obviously makes anything he says suspect. :D We all know about drummers...
He is, indeed, one of the most, shall we say, "unique" people it's ever been my pleasure to meet. If you could hear his stories...
This idiocy of shooting a target that's moving away from you is utter nonsense. Any trained Sniper will tell you that you ideally want a target that's stationary, or coming towards you for the simple fact that you don't have to track a shot as much, and adjusting fire is a lot simpler.

I have no doubt that he would. Of course, "ideally" and what you get are almost always two different things. I'll be sure to ask him his thoughts on moving targets. I know that, as a teenager, he used to sit in the back yard picking off rats as they ran along the power line leading to the barn with a .22.

Ah, the good old days...

What people fail to remember is that had Oswald gone into an gun shop in Texas, he could have bought a rifle the same day, walked out, and never even needed to produce a driver's license.

The fact that the rifle he ordered was very traceable, speaks volumes as to how stupid he was.

That doesn't even cover the fact that he was a complete moron in choosing his vantage point. Had it been me, the picket fence on the grassy knoll would have been okay, but I would have chosen the overpass, as it would have given a longer duration of target exposure.

Gerald Posner is a complete dumbass when talking about how Oswald was a lone nut. It takes a lot of people to make something like this happen. Nobody just gets that lucky without a few people asleep at the wheel.

for what oswald payed for that italian rifle he could have gone to a gun shop and gotten a 30.06 deer rifle and scope. plus they vantige point he chose was just dumb, go up 6 floors, on the oposite end from the door, try and hit a moving target from behind and get away, oh real smart. im intesrted to know if anyone has seen anyhting about the idea that the shooter was in the sewer and shot from a storm grate.

Back