• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

just my thoughts on the show

butters

Paranormal Novice
Hi guys ,

I really do enjoy the show the two of you put on , the only exception i have is that most times when you have a guest on , the following show you have a habit of , let's say , raking the last guest over the coals . I think , if you have a problem with something a quest says or if they contradict themselves , call them on it then and
there , not the next week when their not there to defend themself's
a week later . If it causes a rift between the guest , so be it .
The particular show im thinking of recently is when Don Schmit . And im in no way defending Mr. Schmit . He's iffy at best .
I hope you guy's dont think in just picking on you , i just don't think thats fair. I really enjoy the no nonsense approach you take to the subject that we all love and only want to get to the bottom of .

thanks guy's ,

william linville

I second that thought.
The Paracast is one of my favorite podcasts, but I think it's bush league for them to rip on past guests the way they do.

Sure, it may be rude to tell a guest "You know, I just don't buy what you're selling." But I think it is worse to rip the guy later on when he can't defend himself.

But, I enjoy about 98% of what happens on the shows.

MotorCity said:
I second that thought.
The Paracast is one of my favorite podcasts, but I think it's bush league for them to rip on past guests the way they do.

Sure, it may be rude to tell a guest "You know, I just don't buy what you're selling." But I think it is worse to rip the guy later on when he can't defend himself.

But, I enjoy about 98% of what happens on the shows.

Just wanted to say a few things.

I really don't think expressing our honest opinion is necessarily equivalent to raking someone over the coals. Unfortunately, some of the people we have on don't always survive the test of time or logic, but we try to give them a fair hearing.

At the same time, if any guests ever feel they are being treated unfairly, they're almost always welcome back to express their views.

Thanks for listening.

Hi guys,

I enjoy your show and look forward to listening in every week.

Whilst i agree with your reply , Gene, that your comments on the following weeks show re: guests the previous week, do not necessarily constitute "raking over the coals", (in fact i agree with most of the comments!), i do think that the constant mimicry of certain guests ie: Stanton Friedman do become tiresome and somewhat disrespectful. Although Stanton is a victim of his own hypocrisy i think we all get the picture by now.

On another note i do think that yours and David's inter dimensional hypothesis is extremely valid and i hope that more discussion is forthcoming on that issue and maybe more guests for interview.

Once again, Gene & David , thanks for a truly interesting and thought provoking show.
Keep up the good work!!!

I wouldn't consider it "ripping" on past guests. This is a show that serves to engage the guests and listeners in a critical dialog that seeks to increase our collective knowledge regarding the paranormal.

There are other shows that either let guests with little or no credibility say whatever they want or present the same guests with the same stories over and over again while offering no real progress towards an explanation.

If Gene and David want to give their frank opinion on a guest or topic it's their prerogative, just as its the listeners' on these forums.

-todd.

tommyball said:
I wouldn't consider it "ripping" on past guests. This is a show that serves to engage the guests and listeners in a critical dialog that seeks to increase our collective knowledge regarding the paranormal.

Hi Tommyball,

I totally agree. In fact if you read my post i wrote as much to Gene.I agree also that Gene and David have the right to comment on any guest and any comment that they make on their show. In fact it is this aspect that is one of the more interesting features of the podcast.

What i don't agree with is the continual "mimicry"of Stanton Friedman ie: Í'm a Leo, I'm a performer...." etc. I just think that is tiresome and unnecessary.

I agree with David that Stanton is very hypocritical and narrow minded in his views on other potential hypothesis and explanations and i welcome his questioning mind and refusal to accept limited and dismissive answers to his valid and thought provoking questions.

If not for Gene, David, guests like Mac Tonnes and Jeff Ritzman the UFO and paranormal community, which is almost totally awash in a sea of extraterrestrial excrement (or should i say inter-dimensional faeces) would not have a platform for other free thinking and questioning individuals.

Once again, keep up the good work guys!!!

Back