• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Just Ask Them

trilithium

"I Wish I Knew"
I am a BIG fan of the Paracast for starters, and I don't want this to be misinterpreted. Does anybody else wish that Gene or David would just cut to the chase and ask "What do you have" or "show me". I realize they are operating a show and it's not that easy sometimes I guess. David is very cerebral and asks very interesting questions sometimes, most of the time.
Gene is more common man, he asks good questions and makes me feel like the regular guy has every right to be a member of the Paracast. Absolutely no offense intended Gene, you just make me feel comfortable. Sometimes I think "why don't they just say show me what you got". If you've been studying this or that or all of the above for 30 or 40 years Show us what you got. You must have something other than a still photo on some website that could be anything, right. This is not meant to criticize David or Gene or the Paracast in any way.
I don't know, maybe I'm just frustrated for lack of answers, as I know our hosts are. Maybe I just answered my question. The Paracast Rocks.

You have no idea just how many times I have to hold myself back from yelling...

SHOW US THE STUFF!

But the reality of it is that we're talking to people, having a conversation, and the dynamics of interpersonal communications make it very difficult to just blurt out demands, the response would not be productive. Think about it - you go on a date with someone, you make small talk, you try to figure out where each other is coming from and going to, and if there's some reason to pursue spending more time together. How far would a guy get if, 10 minutes into the date, he just came out and said, "listen, you know what I want, so let's get to it, and we'll both save some time and I'll save the money spent on dinner and drinks"? Perhaps the analogy isn't perfect, but I hope you get the general idea.

One has to walk a fine line in this stuff, I'm already being criticized on other parts of the forum for taking some of the people in the field to task endlessly. I admit that sometimes we might get a little hung up on this aspect, but it reflects my own personal frustration, and I'm not good at covering said frustration up too well. I call it like I see it, and for this I've always paid a price in my professional and personal lives. It's the only way I know, so what can I say?

dB

Personally, I think the small-talk is important as it helps the listener construct an informed opinion of the person being interviewed. I hate to mention Bill Knell, but the questions asked allowed the show to prove that he is a fraud. A simple "have you got proof for any of this stuff" would likely have ended the interview very early on and prove nothing.

As has been said on the show before, if someone is presenting wild claims as factual, they should have the ability to prove it, anything else is just hot air. I too can sense David's frustration (and Gene's to a lesser degree) with some of the guests, but im still willing to listen through it as I want to make my own decisions based upon responses to what are generally very relevant questions.

Oh crap, i sound like such a Paracast fan-boy :D

SHOW US THE STUFF!

But the reality of it is that we're talking to people, having a conversation, and the dynamics of interpersonal communications make it very difficult to just blurt out demands, the response would not be productive. Think about it - you go on a date with someone, you make small talk, you try to figure out where each other is coming from and going to, and if there's some reason to pursue spending more time together. How far would a guy get if, 10 minutes into the date, he just came out and said, "listen, you know what I want, so let's get to it, and we'll both save some time and I'll save the money spent on dinner and drinks"? Perhaps the analogy isn't perfect, but I hope you get the general idea.

One has to walk a fine line in this stuff, I'm already being criticized on other parts of the forum for taking some of the people in the field to task endlessly. I admit that sometimes we might get a little hung up on this aspect, but it reflects my own personal frustration, and I'm not good at covering said frustration up too well. I call it like I see it, and for this I've always paid a price in my professional and personal lives. It's the only way I know, so what can I say?

dB

Here's a better analogy.

Two people go out on a date. One is a tease and a flirt, the other wants to cut to the chase. The Flirt is there knowing full well that the other wants to cut through all the BS, and simply F-. The Tease is there only to tease, and leave the other person hanging, and knows exactly what they're doing, BECAUSE THEY'RE A FILTHY WHORE!!!

That's right. You're the John, and they're the whore, and you don't have the kind of money to make them give it up, you might get a kiss or two, but that's about it.

Every last one of these people in UFOlogy who are hocking some book, or some DVD, is a WHORE, and they aint giving nothing up for free.

THAT, is the truth of things. That is why nothing ever goes anywhere, because that would be the end of the Whore's ability to make money.

Tommy what were the dates you were on Angry Human with David? I wouldnt mind checking those out.

If you think I was hocking a book, you'd be wrong. I don't sell anything. I give my lunacy away for free.

I'm a slut, not a whore. There's a difference.

You can tell that this is Day 2 of my fast can't you?

SHOW US THE STUFF!

dB

Agreed David, I was feeling frustrated about the whole Paranormal topic last night and just vented a little I guess. Gene & yourself do a wonderful job. Your show keeps me chomping at the bit to say the least and is most intriguing. I think you know where I was coming from and I definitely understand your position now. David you certainly ask the most incisive questions and I know you will continue to.

I'm not sure about the exact date that Tommy came on, I guess you'll have to listen to all the episodes to find out! :p

Oh and Tommy, good luck with the fast. Time to get down with the Yerba Mate, it might be able to help you out with the process.

dB

Yeah, it's been interesting. The pare down was the hard part. I spent about two weeks cutting down my diet to nothing, which will likely explain my animosity.

I am doing the Mate' thing, and that's helping a bit.

Being two days into this, I'm actually a little calmer than usual.

David, you should join me on this fast.

Please David don't join Tommy's fast that would make one cranky David and well the show would suffer. Tommy you have more will power than me for sure. I do many things for health but doing a fast is above what I am able or willing to do.

Anyone know if those weekly detox products that you can buy do any good? You know those packs that have tablets for liver/colon/intestine cleansing.

Anyone know if those weekly detox products that you can buy do any good? You know those packs that have tablets for liver/colon/intestine cleansing.

Short answer it depends on the product and what is in it. I am sure THAT was helpful! Detoxing in general if done wrong can make a person really sick so do some homework first.

Short answer it depends on the product and what is in it. I am sure THAT was helpful! Detoxing in general if done wrong can make a person really sick so do some homework first.

Cheers.

Well Ive using them about once a year for a few yrs now. At the very least it completely flushes your system out which is good. (I refuse to get that colon cleansing procedure where you go in to the doc and stick a transparent tube up ya butt. Forget it!)

If you want to clean your colon, all you have to do is start taking Gingko Biloba. Take one more than the recommended dosage on an empty stomach and you'll be crapping like a goose.

Cheers.

Well Ive using them about once a year for a few yrs now. At the very least it completely flushes your system out which is good. (I refuse to get that colon cleansing procedure where you go in to the doc and stick a transparent tube up ya butt. Forget it!)

Are you sure you are not an abductee? Well I am and it really isn't that bad and it seems to help many people. So come on Gareth you can do it!

one of my favourite jokes is

whats the difference between an enema and colonic irrigation........

edit: about ten litres..............

Back