• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Just a thought I had...

SvRWalrus

Paranormal Novice
Hey! I'm brand new here. So sorry if I did something wrong with the post or it's in the wrong spot... You guys probably know SOO much more than me. And believe and some pretty crazy things. (More power to you). But I just wanted to share a thought and see if the general consensus is the same..

Some background: Im a dude that doesn't necessarily believe aliens have landed or ever come to earth (because I haven't done enough research tbh), but I do believe that space is so massive that they have to exist somewhere.. so here goes.. just a warning: What prompted this thought; of course, is extremely immature.

I was watching Arrival for the first time. And was sitting here thinking. Just like the movie... If Aliens are out there. And able to travel to earth. Then obviously they are more technologically advanced than us. Like at least 10x... Therefore, they are 10x more intelligent than us. Generally; I'd like to say... With intelligence, comes maturity and wisdom. Which would prove the movie to be true in the sense of: if Aliens ever did come to our earth, I feel like if anything; they would simply contribute to society. There's almost no chance that they would be violent. Unless we really pissed them off. Isn't that right to think? Like. Extremely smart and mature people tend to look past violence and hate... I mean. I understand there's always the outliers. But idk. I'd like to think these dudes one day will just show up and start colleges or something.. lol

Is this at all justified for me to think? Idk.. maybe I'm too much of an optimist. But really like the way the movie portrayed the aliens and it's kinda a breath of fresh air compared to every other blockbuster alien film.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

So I enjoyed "Arrival" and felt it was a level up — a big level up — from the usual sci-fi film about aliens coming to Earth.

As to the motives of possible alien visitors, it may be that we don't understand them at all, because their motivations are also alien to us.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

So I enjoyed "Arrival" and felt it was a level up — a big level up — from the usual sci-fi film about aliens coming to Earth.

As to the motives of possible alien visitors, it may be that we don't understand them at all, because their motivations are also alien to us.
Thanks for your response!! Interesting perspective. Definitely valid and the most likely to be true😂

There's almost no chance that they would be violent. Unless we really pissed them off. Isn't that right to think? Like. Extremely smart and mature people tend to look past violence and hate... I mean.
Occasionally aliens have been violent. It isn't just abduction and mutilation cases, and disappearances. People have been assaulted by aliens.

With intelligence, comes maturity and wisdom. Which would prove the movie to be true in the sense of: if Aliens ever did come to our earth, I feel like if anything; they would simply contribute to society. There's almost no chance that they would be violent.
The cost of our being wrong about alien intentions is extremely high.

I suggest never concluding anything, and just watching their activities forever, and evaluating POSSIBLE intentions as probabilities only, not facts.

-- Squirrel

.The cost of our being wrong about alien intentions is extremely high.

If they wanted us dead I don't think we'd be discussing this right now.;)

I suggest never concluding anything, and just watching their activities forever, and evaluating POSSIBLE intentions as probabilities only, not facts.
It appears the party in the best position to know the truth, the US government, is not overly concerned. The work I mentioned previously describes alien motives and operations and considers them perfectly comprehensible.

Arrival was a good movie and welcome one who affiliates themselves with long toothed dweller of the artic. And don't worry out the experience element. A good conversation enlightens all the participants. Whats your take on the recent congress meeting on UAP's (see other threads on this subject) I would be interested in your view.

Back