• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 9, 2019 — Jan C. Harzan with Mark Jackson

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Another fascinating discussion, one organized at the last minute when another guest postponed his appearance.

As usual we ran out of time with questions unasked.

But what was there was ever-fascinating, even if you're not a fan of MUFON.

One of those topics was a possible gradual disclosure, and we continued talking about it with Red Pill Junkie on this weekend's episode of After The Paracast.

After The Paracast is an exclusive feature of The Paracast+ For more info, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Hey Guys, another really good show. I like the fresh perspective and enthusiasm that Mark Jackson ( @TDSR ) brings to the first show of each month :cool:. It gives me a chance to take take care of things behind the scenes and catch-up on overdue chores, which BTW @Gene Steinberg, in reference to your "taking the day off" comment ( which didn't go unnoticed ) is a lot more work than cohosting the show! Any time you want to come over and help scrape the paint off my eavestrough flashing instead, you're welcome to join in the fun ;)

Anyway, Jan always comes across as very personable and is a credit to his organization. Although I do tend to agree with Gene's comment that sometimes MUFON members tend to make assumptions that aren't adequately substantiated, including what seems to be a certainty that UFOs are extraterrestrial, and that the questionable claims of some witnesses are true. However there's no shortage of that sort of thing in ufology as a whole, so it's not entirely unexpected either. Now I can hardly wait for next month's show opener so I can listen to someone else besides me :D !

Last edited:
Good show. I like Mark Jackson and his energy levels when dealing with these subject matters. I am reminded that Beidny, in some long past shows, used to vent on the corrosive or caustic nature of these topics and experiences. Basically suggesting, accurately I believe, that they can be destructive to ones very being and, in time, may cause the need for a prolonged or permanent rest period from the field. I consider myself susceptible to such a burn out potential... and doubt I could handle being an investigator of such materials.

Another fascinating discussion, one organized at the last minute when another guest postponed his appearance.

As usual we ran out of time with questions unasked.

But what was there was ever-fascinating, even if you're not a fan of MUFON.

One of those topics was a possible gradual disclosure, and we continued talking about it with Red Pill Junkie on this weekend's episode of After The Paracast.

After The Paracast is an exclusive feature of The Paracast+ For more info, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio
Not to be overly conspiratorial, but did you possibly avoid the exorcism question to save him and his organization from embarrassment?

Not to be overly conspiratorial, but did you possibly avoid the exorcism question to save him and his organization from embarrassment?

WWKirk,

Honestly no conspiracy here, in fact, I was excited to ask him but literally got caught up in the moment so to speak. I will keep this in mind moving forward as I am a little new to this show, its processes, and our audience. Thank you for following up and allowing me to make it a learning moment.

That said, can you tell me a little more about your thoughts on how MUFOM would play a role in exorcism? We may not have him on the phone but I can always send him an email. Please expand on your thought, it sounds both fascinating and important. FYI- I had an experience as a child where prayer "thwarted" what I thought was an evil presence.....just saying!

how MUFON would play a role in exorcism

The previous Paracast interview that Jan Harzan gave (Dec 2018), he volunteered, twice, during the interview that sometimes MUFON recommends exorcisms, but the host of that show simply (and rudely IMHO) pushed that comment by Harzan aside as relating to "myth" that he would not entertain. So it was Harzan that brought up exorcism a while back on the air during an interview, and under the purview of MUFON. As such, I would have liked to know more about MUFON's "approach" to such a controversial topic. That's why I posted the questions.

I would be glad TDSR if you would forward those questions, here, to Mr. Harzan and ask if he would answer any or all of them, and if he does, post the email here in the forum. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
WWKirk,

Honestly no conspiracy here, in fact, I was excited to ask him but literally got caught up in the moment so to speak. I will keep this in mind moving forward as I am a little new to this show, its processes, and our audience. Thank you for following up and allowing me to make it a learning moment.

That said, can you tell me a little more about your thoughts on how MUFOM would play a role in exorcism? We may not have him on the phone but I can always send him an email. Please expand on your thought, it sounds both fascinating and important. FYI- I had an experience as a child where prayer "thwarted" what I thought was an evil presence.....just saying!
Prior to Farlig Gulstein's post (#4) in The Question Bank, I had no idea MUFON had anything to do with exorcisms. So I did a search, and lo and behold, in UFO spotters meet up at annual MUFON summit in New Jersey is the following tidbit:

"In addition, MUFON will be providing help — ranging from counseling to exorcisms — to those who claim to have had an interaction with other types of intelligence, he [Harzan] said." (emphasis added)

I just got a chance to listen to this one, via iTunes. Very interesting. Love for Jan C. Harzan and Mark Jackson to make a reappearance. Great stuff !

Back