• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

June 14, 2020 — Another Visit with Benjamin Radford

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
This is the third time we've featured Ben Radford on The Paracast.

Although he is a known skeptical, associated with the Skeptical Inquirer magazine, he doesn't come across as any closed-minded ideologue.

And thus you can have a friendly conversation with him and exchange views and evidence,

It's how we get closer to the truth.

With the discussion unfinished at the end of the episode, Ben stayed with us to do this weekend's edition of the After The Paracast podcast.

After The Paracast is an exclusive feature of The Paracast+.

To subscribe and take advantage of low prices and an easy signup, please visit:

About the Pentagon ufo-video's it's all clear now : Cmdr. David Fravor had it all wrong.And the 'very fast'-video , was a balloon.
Why not swamp gas ?

About the Pentagon ufo-video's it's all clear now : Cmdr. David Fravor had it all wrong.And the 'very fast'-video , was a balloon.
Why not swamp gas ?
To be fair, a common skeptical approach to the videos is that they're unidentified. Just because we don't know what they are doesn't imply that it's impossible to find a prosaic answer. Or any answer at all.

What is interesting about the videos is that they are admitted by the military to be unidentified and there's some interesting data around their flight characteristics that we don't seem to be able to match.

The social or cultural component is more important in my mind than the videos. The fact that the US Navy is admitting they have stuff in the skies they can't identify and can't match from an engineering perspective is a big admission. As is the silence from the US Air Force, which almost by definition must have more data than the Navy does.

To be fair, a common skeptical approach to the videos is that they're unidentified. Just because we don't know what they are doesn't imply that it's impossible to find a prosaic answer. Or any answer at all.

What is interesting about the videos is that they are admitted by the military to be unidentified and there's some interesting data around their flight characteristics that we don't seem to be able to match.

The social or cultural component is more important in my mind than the videos. The fact that the US Navy is admitting they have stuff in the skies they can't identify and can't match from an engineering perspective is a big admission. As is the silence from the US Air Force, which almost by definition must have more data than the Navy does.
This episode is sure to generate some discontent on both sides of the fence, but IMO that's a good thing because it gets people thinking. I also think it's important to demonstrate that believers and skeptics can discuss their views and differences in a friendly and fair-minded manner with the common goal of trying to get closer to the truth about these phenomena. I'm very grateful that Ben joined us on the show, and I'm sure we'll have him back.

It's nice not to have to demean skeptics and believers for being skeptics and believers.

I wish there would be more reasoned discourse in this day and age.

Back