• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 8 Friedman show

Brian Now

Paranormal Pimp
This show definitely made the Betty and Barney Hill story more interesting for me. But I am pretty skeptical of Friedman and ufologists in general. It's funny that if government officials, the military or "Project Blue Book" don't agree with a ufologist's conclusion then they must be hiding something or spreading disinformation. If, however, they agree then they get quoted and included in books and videos.

Anyway, it is an interesting story for certain. There is a pseudo-skeptical article on it here http://www.skepticreport.com/ufo/bbhill.htm.

I liked David's comments on polarization in the field, and speaking of comments....why don't you guys talk "amongst yourselves" anymore at the end of the show?!?!?!? Sure, people said you were trashing your guests, and I guess there can be a fine line or something...but those post-interview chats were sometimes where the best points got made!

Brian Now said:
This show definitely made the Betty and Barney Hill story more interesting for me. But I am pretty skeptical of Friedman and ufologists in general. It's funny that if government officials, the military or "Project Blue Book" don't agree with a ufologist's conclusion then they must be hiding something or spreading disinformation. If, however, they agree then they get quoted and included in books and videos.

Anyway, it is an interesting story for certain. There is a pseudo-skeptical article on it here http://www.skepticreport.com/ufo/bbhill.htm.

I liked David's comments on polarization in the field, and speaking of comments....why don't you guys talk "amongst yourselves" anymore at the end of the show?!?!?!? Sure, people said you were trashing your guests, and I guess there can be a fine line or something...but those post-interview chats were sometimes where the best points got made!

Gud take Brian! I have the same feeling about the immediate assumption in even the highly credible ufo research community about govt. misinformation and so on! neway sometimes it seems like a gud way of answering some critical questions about a certain claim is by not answering them at all and simply saying that the Govt. is hiding the truth!:mad:

I have read the skeptic article already and i was kinda impressed by it! But i for one have serious doubts about the star map thing. i have only respect for Marjorie Fish, and she was a great astronomer, no doubt, and i guess she never claimed the map drawn by betty to be completely true or false! she just tried to deal with it as a simple sketch and tried to see if she cud extract some meaningful patterns from it! i did some elaborate research on this subject for my term paper back in my school days a few years back. i have a lot of documentation about the whole decoding of the alleged star map! i will make pdfs and post all of em here! Neone interested in the Hills case shud have a luk! It features a lot of arguments and counter arguments and carl sagan wrote extensively about the danger in the irrational conclusions about the map just because the real patterns seemed kinda similar to the one that Betty drew!

enuff of my crap! :p i will post all the articles by this weekend!

Back