• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 21, 2019 — Stephen Bassett

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
It's been over 10 years since The Paracast last presented Stephen Bassett. That interview was a little contentious, as we questioned his unwavering belief that UFOs were spaceships and that the U.S. government knew the truth.

With the subject getting more and more serious attention by the mainstream media, we decided to bring him back.

But this time was very different. We also learned things about his life before he got involved in the disclosure movement in 1996, things you probably haven't heard before.

We also had him on for a further discussion on this weekend's episode of After The Paracast, which is included with a Paracast+ subscription.

For more details on our premium subscription service, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Bassett is a respectable figure in this field. I was impressed by the Citizen Hearing as well as the other press conferences. The first petition drive was pretty good too.

It's also commendable that he didn't let his ego get in the way, and admitted to the primacy of TTSA.

But for some reason, I had always thought he was a lawyer.

It’s 2019 and you’re giving the joke and huckster that is Bassett a platform. There was a reason you didn’t have him on for a decade and absolutely nothing has changed about him over that time since, other than he’s become even more marginalized. As questionable as TTSA is, I had no idea an ancillary effect would be to promote Basset’s relevancy. I really thought The Paracast was better than this. To me, this is scraping the bottom of the guest barrel.

Hey, I saw Philip Imbrogno on Ancient Aliens last Friday. When are you re-booking him for a double shot on the show? Maybe follow up with Michael Horn...

Disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe what you will, but Bassett is expressing views very close to what Major Donald Keyhoe presented in the 1950s.

For better or worse, Keyhoe sold books. Bassett doesn’t.

At the worst, Bassett is harmless. Either way, most people who believe in UFOs share most of his views.

As you know, I am skeptical about both.

My problem with Bassett is he is perpetually breathless about disclosure being JUST around the corner... FOR DECADES. He’s like the boy who cried wolf. He’s spectacularly irrelevant these days, and not just because TTSA stole his thunder. Don’t get me started on TTSA. They’re like a longer con Roswell Slides play. Check out Mick West and the analysis of those videos. It’s quite interesting how he uses math and science to present more realistic options as to what the crafts in question are OTHER than UFOs.

That said, up until Bassett, I’ve enjoyed the recent guest selections and I applaud you widening the scope of your guests. I also appreciate you allowing a long time listener and P+ subscriber to complain about a guest without getting defensive or upset.

Last edited:
My problem with Bassett is he is perpetually breathless about disclosure being JUST around the corner... FOR DECADES. He’s like the boy who cried wolf. He’s spectacularly irrelevant these days, and not just because TTSA stole his thunder. Don’t get me started on TTSA. They’re like a longer con Roswell Slides play. Check out Mick West and the analysis of those videos. It’s quite interesting how he uses math and science to present more realistic options as to what the crafts in question are OTHER than UFOs.

That said, up until Bassett, I’ve enjoyed the recent guest selections and I applaud you widening the scope of your guests. I also appreciate you allowing a long time listener and P+ subscriber to complain about a guest without getting defensive or upset.

I will say it's folks that tout disclosure as being immanent have left me extremely jaded to even the idea of disclosure.

And I wonder if some of that hasn't been intentional. Not Bassett in particular, but the US Military/Industrial Complex sure benefits from experiencers like me having given up on even the concept of disclosure.

Having listened with incredulity to many of Stephens interviews on Youtube over the years...I'll say this Paracast was certainly good fun! Entertainment factor was there for sure. I disagree with many of Stephens assertions, interpretations and opinions, of course, but he has a good speaking style... and passion. Disclosure? Not unless these "things" zipping around the skies of Earth put on a display that millions witness and record with their phones...

It's no longer fashionable to make Bassett a dissing target, and here's why: His personal account about how he became involved in ufology, and why he sticks with it year after year, despite the setbacks and criticism, reveals a person who genuinely believes in his cause and has been persistently pursuing it. I don't have a problem with that. I also don't see evidence of faked credentials, or any intent to con anyone. So let's dispense with that.

Whether or not Bassett is ultimately successful, he's been doing his damnedest to contribute something positive & constructive. Personally I hope he lives to see the day that "Big D Disclosure" happens. That said, I get the disappointment that people feel when they get excited about the possibility of disclosure, and then it doesn't happen. That's normal. But non-disclosure isn't Bassett's fault. The wolf in your analogy is real, but also very elusive.

Bassett is no longer the only UFO lobbyist.

"In 2016, Chase became a registered and official LOBBYIST for the UFO Field. This goal was realized through a progressive understanding that to truly influence change and offer a knowledgeable commentary on the realities of the UFO phenomenon, we must include our Nation’s elected and the very people that are trusted as our Lawmakers. The scientific community is willing to participate IF we maintain the proper protocols and evidence integrity. By including both the Law Makers and Scientific communities, we breach the secrecy and ridicule stigma the UFO field has experienced for decades.
Chase has renewed her Lobbyist ID in Washington DC and is currently waiting for the final approval.
The doors are opening for the right people, with the right information at the right time."
https://chasekloetzke.com/

Has she been a guest on the Paracast?

Bassett is no longer the only UFO lobbyist.

"In 2016, Chase became a registered and official LOBBYIST for the UFO Field. This goal was realized through a progressive understanding that to truly influence change and offer a knowledgeable commentary on the realities of the UFO phenomenon, we must include our Nation’s elected and the very people that are trusted as our Lawmakers. The scientific community is willing to participate IF we maintain the proper protocols and evidence integrity. By including both the Law Makers and Scientific communities, we breach the secrecy and ridicule stigma the UFO field has experienced for decades.
Chase has renewed her Lobbyist ID in Washington DC and is currently waiting for the final approval.
The doors are opening for the right people, with the right information at the right time."
https://chasekloetzke.com/

Has she been a guest on the Paracast?
Clarification: Chase is only registered on the state level. Bassett is still the only national UFO lobbyist.

Loved the show with Bassett, very insightful to the behind the scenes of the efforts he put forth. He didnt spin his upbringing trying to make himself appear well off. He even called himself out. It was refreshing to hear the truth on so many levels. He really came accross very humble and I admire that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Loved the show with Bassett, very insightful to the behind the scenes of the efforts he put forth. He didnt spin his upbringing trying to make himself appear well off. He even called himself out. It was refreshing to hear the truth on so many levels. He really came accross very humble and I admire that.
It's become quite passé to gibe Basset and his quest for disclosure. So glad to hear somebody looking at the positive side for a change. Thanks for your comment :cool:

Back