• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Joseph P. Farrell

Free episodes:

When it comes to Hutchison I'm like Mr. Mulder. I want to believe. But I can't quite.

Seemed to me that Mulder did believe, and it was Dana Skully who was the skeptic.

MULDER: Dana. After all you've seen, after all the evidence, why can't you believe?
SCULLY: I'm afraid. I'm afraid to believe.

MULDER: Dana. After all you've seen, after all the evidence, why can't you believe?

"Beyond the Sea", right? The episode with Brad Dourif as the psychic serial killer. I used to be an X-phile, you know. At least up to season five or something. I really hope they didn't go into the Nazi UFO myth later...

Btw., I think Morgan and Wong should have written the movie scripts, if anyone. Just for the record.

Oh and I think you're both right. In some episodes, Agent Mulder was the sceptic (remember the Stupendous Yappi?)

Seemed to me that Mulder did believe, and it was Dana Skully who was the skeptic.

I keep picturing the classic hovering disk photo in Mulder's office. But I think you are correct sir ! Mulder's chief source of dissonance seemed to be the ET vs breakaway view of the ongoing weirdness, or some combination thereof.

I keep picturing the classic hovering disk photo in Mulder's office. But I think you are correct sir ! Mulder's chief source of dissonance seemed to be the ET vs breakaway view of the ongoing weirdness, or some combination thereof.

That's actually one of Billy Meier's alleged UFO photos if I'm not mistaken. If I remember right, Mulder's view that ET's weren't real only lasted something like one season, if not only a few episodes. During that time his view was that the government and the military were responsible for the UFO phenomenon. At least that's how I remember it...

That's actually one of Billy Meier's alleged UFO photos if I'm not mistaken. If I remember right, Mulder's view that ET's weren't real only lasted something like one season, if not only a few episodes. During that time his view was that the government and the military were responsible for the UFO phenomenon. At least that's how I remember it...

The X-Files writers did a masterful job in creating a passionately confused and tormented protagonist in the person of Fox Mulder. And somehow one we cared about.

Back