• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Joseph Farrell on ... arrgh ... Project Camelot

paraschtick

Paragilmorian guy
Those pesky Project Camelot-ers, Cassidy and Ryan interviewed Dr Joseph Farrell in February. I've just come across the interview now ... so this is a heads up to those that missed it.

I have a straaange feeling they interviewed him so that his academic standing may give the other people they interview more credence (??).

Anyway really interesting interview if you can withstand Bill Ryans slick-slimy-ness. I'm just now at the bit where Cassidy tries to put across the idea that The Bell device was some sort of time-machine-portal-opening kind of machine ... which Dr Farrell jumps on straight away and quashes.

You can find it here in various forms: http://www.projectcamelot.org/joseph_farrell.html

Though ... you may want to put on a face mask and/or gloves to shield yourself from Ryan's slime beforehand :D

I just have real problem with the Project Camelot people. My first contact with them came through their "interview" of Boriska, the alleged Indigo Child in Russia who spoke of his past life on Mars, etc. (It's available on Youtube.) The kid actually seemed great, and even credible, but Kerry's interview technique was atrocious: she really kept badgering him at one point, when it was obvious he didn't want to talk about it. It made me think that she had a certain set of data points she wanted to reveal, and the kid better turn them over... or else! ;) Well, not that fascist, but her tone just made me think she could benefit from a dose of humanity at times.

Then, to be fair, I watched another Project Camelot interview, this one with an obviously lunatic taking about his special forces-deep space military career, blah blah blah. It reminded me of sitting next to a methed-out lunatic in a biker bar... He HAS to talk... and talk he does.

Project Camelot could be named Project Shamelot, as far as my take on them. Though, I have started to listen to David and Gene's recent interview about Serpo... and so far Ryan doesn't sound too nuts.

I actually think the Project Camelot interviews are valuable. I've listed to quite a few. It's very handy to have all the nutcases in one basket. I don't listen to Snoory. It's too late, full of ads and insipid callers. But the Camelot interviews are ad-free. Kerry is one of the worst interviewers on record. I wish she would just STFU, but they still give their guests ample time to hang themselves. These guys would, for the most part, never come on The Paracast.

BTW, I'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks. See you guys when I get back.

Farrell started out strong, but in the last two years he seems to have taken a sudden hard turn into the world of unbsubstantiated fantasy, which he then attempts to pass off as legitimately documented history.
That's unfortunate, and I hope he eventually manages to find his way out of the Hall of Mirrors he appears to have become lost in.

I actually think the Project Camelot interviews are valuable. I've listed to quite a few. It's very handy to have all the nutcases in one basket. I don't listen to Snoory. It's too late, full of ads and insipid callers. But the Camelot interviews are add-free. Kerry is one of the worst interviewers on record. I wish she would just STFU, but they still give their guests ample time to hang themselves. These guys would, for the most part, never come on The Paracast.

BTW, I'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks. See you guys when I get back.

Have fun!

While I realize most the Project Camelot interviews are pretty out there, I also listen to them. I think BOTH of them tend to talk too much during interviews, and sometimes try to lead the interviewee into statements they want to hear, but I still listen. There may be nuggets of truth hidden inside fantasy, and they are somewhat entertaining if nothing else.

Interviewing seems to be a talent one is either born with or not. Most interviewers are counterproductive with all their interruptions and leading questions and silly chatter. People are used to telling their stories, and if you let them do so it's usually a lot better that way. I think Gene and David get the mix right, and that's a large part of the reason I like the show so much. It reminds me a lot of NPR, where the interviewee is given enough time to complete a thought before being asked another question. Not that it's easy. Some guests are prone to wander, and someone needs to keep things on track and ask good questions. Of course, it helps if the interviewer has a clue about the subject matter. That's another thing that seems to be rare.

Agree very much about Gene and David, whom I've only quite recently stumbled upon. They are the cream of the crop. As for C2C, I do like George Noory just because, well, he seems so darn nice! And I have to give him and Art Bell props for introducing me to the entire field. That said, I am occasionally so annoyed by Ian Punnett's verbosity that I want to scream. Huge fan of George Knapp. His style reminds me of an old-time news man: just the facts, keep the story moving, not so much of self-promoting. I wish Punnett would copy Knapp more... or maybe he believes people tune in to listen to him and not his guests... (And for all I know, maybe they do). That's my two cents...

Back