• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jordan Maxwell

cottonzway

I was saying boo-urns
I would like to suggest Jordan Maxwell as a potential guest for The Paracast. Jordan is a very intresting man who has a whole bunch of information to share with others. He recently started doing interviews again and I am sure he would do one for you guys here.

Thoughts?

A whole bunch of crappy information gleaned from misreading legends and employing nonsensical etomologies you mean...

Skip Jordan, he's worthless.

It's not my opinion that the fact that the words sun and son are homonyms in english has absolutely no bearing on those words or their meanings being completely different.

It is not my opinion that the version of english we speak is less than 500 years old and that prior versions of english did not have this connection.

It is not my opinion that this homonymous relationship is a nuance related to modern english and does not connect at all to the languages of ancient Sumer or Egypt.

It is not my opinion that Horus is one of, if not THE oldest of the egyptian deities and that his mythos has been written and re-written so many times you could cut and paste parts of it into just about any story you could think of not find anything out of place.

It IS Jordan Maxwell's OPINION that these things are not so. He and his zealous protoge Tsarion make mockery of logical thought. They're argument is not simply that "if it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it's a duck" but rather "if it looks like a duck, good enough!"

If you're reading this and you're not familiar with these characters, go to google video and look 'em up. I guarantee when you're done watching you wouldn't believe them if they just told you their name.

Why would you assume I wouldn't have some understanding of those issues if I was requesting Jordan Maxwell? Again, that's fine that it is your OPINION about him. Others disagree with you. obviously myself included.

You've made your point you don't like Maxwell.

Lost this thread in the forum switch... weird... anyway...

First, I wasn't assuming you weren't informed cotton, my comments were directed to others who may have been reading the thread but not posting (Gene and David, for example). Obviously you know what Jordan's about otherwise you wouldn't be requesting him.

Second, I don't entirely disagree with some of Jordan's BASIC ideas but in many cases he seems to be giving the right answer to the wrong questions. Take Jesus for example: sure he's linked to a sun god- Apollo but that's got everything to do with the politics of the early Roman church and nothing to do with Jordan's whacky sun/son word play. I knew that from my art studies long before I'd ever even heard of Maxwell...

Which brings me to the main thing that bugs me about him. Jordan Maxwell acts like he and he alone is origin of all esoteric knowledge and that NOBODY but he could have figured this stuff out. He speaks not as an authority on the subject but as THE authority. The man's ego is so massive it has it's own gravity.

It's not my opinion that the fact that the words sun and son are synonyms in english has absolutely no bearing on those words or their meanings being completely different.

Oh no, is he one of those types that understand nothing about language?

By the way, I think you meant that "son" and "sun" are homophones not synonyms. And you're right, they might sound the same today, but since English uses historical spelling it's easy to see that originally they did not.

Lost this thread in the forum switch... weird... anyway...

First, I wasn't assuming you weren't informed cotton, my comments were directed to others who may have been reading the thread but not posting (Gene and David, for example). Obviously you know what Jordan's about otherwise you wouldn't be requesting him.

Second, I don't entirely disagree with some of Jordan's BASIC ideas but in many cases he seems to be giving the right answer to the wrong questions. Take Jesus for example: sure he's linked to a sun god- Apollo but that's got everything to do with the politics of the early Roman church and nothing to do with Jordan's whacky sun/son word play. I knew that from my art studies long before I'd ever even heard of Maxwell...

Which brings me to the main thing that bugs me about him. Jordan Maxwell acts like he and he alone is origin of all esoteric knowledge and that NOBODY but he could have figured this stuff out. He speaks not as an authority on the subject but as THE authority. The man's ego is so massive it has it's own gravity.

I wasn’t trying to start a debate about Jordan Maxwell here and only to make both Gene and David aware that he is doing interviews again and that if they ever wanted him on it would be rather easy to do so. He would make a great guest and get a lot of people listening to the show.

Actually I meant "homonym", never heard of a homophone before. Oh well. Brain farts... what can you do?

Haha, well you're right too, "sun" and "son" are classed as homonyms as well. I looked it up, and they can also be classed as heterographic homophones.

Say that ten times fast.

I thought a homophone was a direct telecommuncative link to a certain buffed up small town doctor ... brrnggg tsshhhh ... I thank yo :p

schtick ... now awaiting death threats and invitations to meet unknown people in darkened alley-ways

I thought a homophone was a direct telecommuncative link to a certain buffed up small town doctor ... brrnggg tsshhhh ... I thank yo :p

schtick ... now awaiting death threats and invitations to meet unknown people in darkened alley-ways

Do you mean Greer? Hahahah....you said "homophone". That's funny :p.
I'm a registered homo, why didn't I think of that!? But Greer's not gay. And I know for a fact his membership will be denied should he ever apply. We don't want any.

Do you mean Greer? Hahahah....you said "homophone". That's funny :p.
I'm a registered homo, why didn't I think of that!? But Greer's not gay. And I know for a fact his membership will be denied should he ever apply. We don't want any.

I don't blame you. Mind you I'm pretty sure the more tuned-in heteros amongst us would probably rescind his membership with us, as well.

Actually ... a thought just hit me: maybe Greer's a hybrid. That would explain the strange tone of his skin, his inordinately buffed physique, and his ability to ride bicycles vast distances in one day ... if I remember a supposed story from his supposed childhood correctly.

Even Greer has a strange alien lilt to it. Maybe thats the noise that aliens make when they hear him speak of them ... Grrr-eeerrrrr :p

Sorry ... taking over the thread again.

And now back to your advertised thread subject: Jordan Maxwell.

Wasn't he a guest of Alex Jones recently ... well there goes his pedigree (if he ever had one) in my eyes, nose and throat. And I do seem to remember, as stated above, that his linguistic knowledge does seem to be lacking somewhat. And inded his ideas do have a sort of Da Vinci Code sort of ring to them in a way.

Great if you're 12 years old and know nothing about history, language and the way the world really works. Not so good when you're a bit older ...

Or when you're old and bitter! ;)

Well a bit greyer around the gills and a bit more cynical, anyway :p. Actually thinking about it, I've always been a bit grey around the gills and cynical anyway ... soo ... no change there for me then :D

Or a bit "Greer" around the gills!

Flamin 'eck ... why didn't I think of that first??

Anyway, I shall make up for it with this one thing which just suddenly came to mind, and to me it strangely makes sense. Greer is ...

THE MAN FROM ATLANTIS !

:D

I have no idea why he is the Man from Atlantis (for younger viewers, it was a late 70s TV series starring Patrick Duffy) ... but it somehow makes sense. Maybe its all the "gill" talk in this thread ... maybe its his general (mis-)demeanour ... maybe its why he sits in a bath filled up with water to keep his buff exterior glisteny and shiny (nahh just made that one up) ... or maybe its just because he looks like a fish-man-hybrid creature :p

Anyway, the case is closed ... Dr Stephen Greeeeer is The Man from Atlantis ... so there :D ... and now back to Jordan Maxwell who is not a fish in any way ... as far as I can determine. :p

BUMP.....

www.jordanmaxwell.com

Jordan is not a young man, I really hope David and Gene get him on prior to anything happening to him. My guess is it will be the most listened to episode in the long-term and great for the show.

Back