• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

John Titor

atx

Paranormal Novice
Here is another "story" that I don't necessarily subscribe to, however I find the information very interesting/entertaining and think it would make for a good show.

John Titor - Time Traveler

THE TIME TRAVEL TALE OF JOHN TITOR

Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the now non-existent Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 21, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

Although it may be easy to dismiss all this as science fiction, most people who read his posts agree that there is something very haunting about John Titor and what he said. In addition, and open to more debate, he also made a series of predictions and comments that eerily seem to be coming true.

Unfortunately, I never spoke directly to John Titor but there are many out there who have and continue to wonder about their experience. As you get deeper and deeper into the story, you will find his posts, links to other sites about him, downloads and speculative information attributed to him after he left. I have taken the posts and organized them by date and subject. My editorial work is copyrighted but the unedited posts and the people who experienced it are in the public domain can be found on other sites listed inside.

As you read, please try to keep two things in mind:

1. John appeared to answer nearly every question that was asked of him over the 4-month period he was online. Because of that, many people neglected to read the previous posts and asked similar or exact questions he had already answered. It may offer a glimpse of what a time traveler goes through when having the same conversation again and again.

2. These posts were written before 911, the Discovery accident and the second gulf war. Many people believe John may have known of these events and dropped clues without actually referring to them. It's also widely agreed that he made several predictions about future physics discoveries that have materialized as he stated.

I have included a guest book where you may leave your comments. I will endeavor to respond to any questions you have based on my work.

I hope you enjoy your journey with John Titor.

Last I heard he is "gone". There was an imposter awhile back. No one seemed to be fooled by him.

John never gave any evidence to back his claim. Bogus, but funny and entertaining in a way.

atx said:
Here is another "story" that I don't necessarily subscribe to, however I find the information very interesting/entertaining and think it would make for a good show.

John Titor - Time Traveler
The type of stuff that is on that website reminds me of when the right wing nut jobs were saying that Clinton was going to allow the UN to take control of the US and we would have to live under their rules. It was rubbish then, this is rubbish now.

I re read a lot of it. His predictions are off. Even his general ones. He uses every cop out in the book, and invents new ones too. He also contradicts himself. This is even pointed out from time to time at the website. There's no reason to believe him.

Agree that reading the material provided on the website is somewhat like reading a sci-fi novel. IMO the most interesting "prediction" he makes concerns the US enduring another civil war. This country is pretty split right now, and as the government continues to turn it more and more into a police state (ie: George Orwell's 1984) I can see it getting to a point where the citizens have to take control back from the corrupted officials who have only their own interests in mind. Another possible civil war scenario that could play out may have to do with the current immigration issue, kind of a "legal citizens vs. illegal aliens" battle.

Coast to Coast covers this story from time to time, there is now apparently an attorney who is representing the family of John Titor (who live here in the present). Here is a link:

Creepy Places, Weather, & John Titor - Shows - Coast to Coast AM

I find that my life is a little bit simpler (call me a crotchety old Newtonian) when I just simply don't believe in time travel at all. Everything I work on goes a lot better, and I don't have to spend a lot of time reading junk like this Titor stuff to realize it's bogus.
If someone is going to travel back in time and not care about the effects they will have by revealing information, then they should be revealing something useful to specific people. Like telling Stephen Hawking or even a lowly engineering tech at a university how to build a time machine, not posting vague blueprints on the internet.

I really love when someone says things like "3 dimensional space is obsolete", because there isn't really any dimension to space, only to our measurement references of it. Space itself just exists all over the place. When we measure it, we have to create dimensions for our purposes. The 3D cartographic system is a tool that we invented based on the minimum number of references we need to encompass real objects. Nature doesn't use a clock, we do. All time travel so far has been in our models, not in real space.

There is still an attorney that represents the family that is willing to go on the air, and also to ask questions of John's mother, Mrs. Titor.

So, that's about as close as we can get, for now. If the Paracast lasts another decade, we can ask questions of "little John", but only about what the older John told him--which, if it were my own personal identity paradox, would have been damn little.

Back