• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jesus was not white.

Semitic peoples were/are caucasian but the complexion of Mediterranean peoples was darker than that of northern europeans. Third century jewish portraiture probably gives us the best idea of what Jesus and his contemporaries looked like.

Semitic peoples were/are caucasian but the complexion of Mediterranean peoples was darker than that of northern europeans. Third century jewish portraiture probably gives us the best idea of what Jesus and his contemporaries looked like.
Yes I would agree with that but still not the pure white Jesus that the Bible thumping nut cases would have you believe.

Sorry I cant help it...

In very early Christianity, there are icons where Jesus makes his miracles using a magic wand. (-300 AD)

Are those images true?

Sorry I cant help it...

In very early Christianity, there are icons where Jesus makes his miracles using a magic wand. (-300 AD)

Are those images true?
Very doubtful. The "miracles" (with or without a "magic wand") were almost certainly made up as they don't pass a key methodological criterion for separating what is historically probable from what isn't.

Back