• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jenny Randles

Lemmy

Paranormal Novice
About the end of the last ice age I asked a question on the fidonet echo PARANORM about astral projection. I asked if anyone had ever been on sensitive scales while they allegedly 'projected' - talk is one thing but evidence is another and a change in weight would be evidence (provided you made allowance for moon/sun gravity as the earth rotated and changes in bouyancy due to air pressure changes/farting etc.).

I got a reply that a lady whose name escaped me until just now had done similar experiments with people at the point of death. The name 'Randal' sounded right so I did a search on google and found Jenny Randles and she seems to fit the bill.

Her view of abductions is interresting:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/shadowlands/6583/abduct075.html

Why not try and get her on the show? she can't be worse than some of the arseholes we've listened to so far (Bushman, Horn, Greer ......)

If you do get her then ask about the point of death weights.

Lemmy

So youre saying that someone having an OBE will register a weightloss at their physical form while they are out of the body? Thats seems ridiculous to me.

Oh and Bushman isnt an arsehole. He works at Skunk Works, which automatically puts him in a category nowhere near Greer/Horn. Not saying he is perfect but he gets a bad rap IMO.

So youre saying that someone having an OBE will register a weightloss at their physical form while they are out of the body? Thats seems ridiculous to me.

Oh and Bushman isnt an arsehole. He works at Skunk Works, which automatically puts him in a category nowhere near Greer/Horn. Not saying he is perfect but he gets a bad rap IMO.

No, I'm not saying an OBE will cause a weight loss, I asked if the experiment had been done. It seems an obvious test IMO. If the result is no change then nothing is proven but if there were a weight loss it would be very interesting and even more interesting if there was a gain.

Bushman is an arsehole. I listened to the episode and anybody claiming that dropping a magnet down a copper tube shows that copper negates gravity is ignorant of Lenz's law and anybody with the slightest knowledge of physics will be familiar with this law.

WW2_IR_Imager.jpg

If I haven't cocked it up you should see a picture I took of a WW2 IR imager that I bought in about 1970. This was used by allied submariners to spot signals from the shore. I have powered it up and it works fine. The Germans and the US both had experimental TV guided bombs in WW2 so it doesn't take a genius to marry the two. Bushman is claiming IIRC to have invented the sidewinder. Wikipedia gives the credit to William McClean though.

I stand by my opinion - Busman is an arsehole.

Lemmy

I respectfully disagree:)

If I remember correctly he didnt draw any conclusions from that experiment. He simply reported the results.

Its a while since I head the ep so I could be forgetting something.

While we're on the subject of the UK's Miss Jenny Randles I just wanted to share this link to an article she wrote for Magonia. Called, "Not the ETH", her article outlines her thoughts after a lifetime spent researching those damned UFOs. (I love the way she likens reality to the Periodic table!)

Anyway, it's interesting read worthy of your time, IMO...

http://magonia.haaan.com/2009/not-eth/

(Note to Gene and David - any chance of having her on as a future guest? I met her once at a conference in Liverpool and she was very astute, if a little shy!)

Back