• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 7th Show

aaron

Skilled Investigator
You also hear some fascinating tales of the unknown from paranormal writer Robert Damon Schneck, author of "The President's Vampire."
Why are we dragging Karl Rove into this? ;)

Great show, as always!

Regarding having guests who offer less than reputable research and/or experiences on The Paracast in order to be debated/fed to the lions, I am for it.

I strongly agree with what was said about how The Paracast differs from other paranormal-themed shows and that is why it is my favorite. I really do think Gene & David have created something that seeks to debate and uncover knowledge about the unknown and not simply set an open, unchallenged stage for bizarre reports of all kinds.

That said, I would like to see The Paracast devoted mainly to reputable guests though would also from time to time enjoy seeing certain people taken to task by Gene & David.

After hearing two guests in particular on this show, I left with a far different impression than I'd had after hearing the same two on another show and I thank Gene & David for raking them over the coals.

-todd

Agreed.

Don't go looking for a fight. But when it gets to that point, rip 'em apart. No need to humiliate, of course. But you don't need to walk on eggshells.

David, I gotta call you on this: STOP PUSHING THE EXTRA-DIMENSIONAL ANGLE. I realize it's probably your current favorite UFO explanation and you are certainly entitled to it but I'm concerned that it's beginning to cloud your objectivity. In this week's show you linked Mac's crypto-terrestrial theory to extra-dimensional entities and the two are NOT related.

It's my understanding that Mac's theories revolve around parallel evolution of a non-human, earth-based species that's in decline "hoaxing" UFOs and ET events in order to distract us from whatever agenda it is they really have. Extra-dimensionality isn't even in that ballpark.

The paracast thrives on presenting all theories but endorsing none in particular and I would hate to think that it could devolve into a soapbox. That said, probably my favorite part of the paracast is the "postgame" show. It's what puts this show above all the others because it shows you guys are human beings with your own minds and opinions. I'm just asking that you please try to better police those opinions so they don't begin to "pollute" the already dodgy world of the paranormal (or, as David likes to put it "Increase the noise level").

OKay, rant over. Otherwise, great show!

CapnG said:
David, I gotta call you on this: STOP PUSHING THE EXTRA-DIMENSIONAL ANGLE. I realize it's probably your current favorite UFO explanation and you are certainly entitled to it but I'm concerned that it's beginning to cloud your objectivity. In this week's show you linked Mac's crypto-terrestrial theory to extra-dimensional entities and the two are NOT related.

It's my understanding that Mac's theories revolve around parallel evolution of a non-human, earth-based species that's in decline "hoaxing" UFOs and ET events in order to distract us from whatever agenda it is they really have. Extra-dimensionality isn't even in that ballpark.

The paracast thrives on presenting all theories but endorsing none in particular and I would hate to think that it could devolve into a soapbox. That said, probably my favorite part of the paracast is the "postgame" show. It's what puts this show above all the others because it shows you guys are human beings with your own minds and opinions. I'm just asking that you please try to better police those opinions so they don't begin to "pollute" the already dodgy world of the paranormal (or, as David likes to put it "Increase the noise level").

OKay, rant over. Otherwise, great show!

I don't think that David believes in any final answer to the UFO enigma, nor do I. But we do feel that lots of theories aren't getting proper presentation, in part because far too many UFO investigators and enthusiasts accept the ETH as a given.

If we insist that scientists take a serious look into this subject, you have to expect they will look into many possible answers for the phenomena, and may indeed find that there are many solutions, not just one.

And remember they are all theories, and they should be debated. It's far too early to make assumptions.

Gene Steinberg said:
I don't think that David believes in any final answer to the UFO enigma, nor do I. But we do feel that lots of theories aren't getting proper presentation, in part because far too many UFO investigators and enthusiasts accept the ETH as a given.

I think you're missing my point, Gene. David basically said A=B. He mentioned Mac's crypto theory and then tied it directly into the extra-dimensional thing. That's mis-representing Mac.

I'm not saying he did it maliciously, or even intentionally, I'm just pointing it out.

January 7th Show, what to do

I think I like the way the show has been going so far. I think it is good to tear apart the walls of disinformation, but do it when YOU are ready to do it. Don't go there unless you plan to do a lot of research and be ready to testify and document what you want to cover. Keep it serious and from your hearts, as you guys have so far.

P.S. I sortof agree about the extra dimensional angle. Not at all for any particular way David treated it or guests, though. It just doesn't sit well with me. I think there are actually FEWER dimensions than we are led to believe. (3 dimensions, and time isn't one of them....)When we understand the 3 dimensions we currently live in and can prove it without imaginary axis and manifold mathematics, then I will be willing to accept additional ones. Unfortunately, we don't know what makes the things we CAN see go tick-tock, let alone creating additional dimensions from the dementia of Ivy-covered walls full of lead plumbing. Para-normal doesn't mean super-natural. One is relative to things we consider normal. The other is a blatant denial of reality (whether we know what that reality is yet or not). A ghost can be paranormal, and natural. God is, by definition, outside reality. (He then vanishes in a puff of logic.)

You guys are doing a great job. Thanks!

I like the fact that the extra-dimensional angle has been brought up on The Paracast and I certainly don't think that the matter in which it has come up qualifies as pushing or promoting it.

Basically it boils down to the whole belief versus knowledge issue.

I know that UFOs are a phenomena that exists and have been inexplicably overlooked by the mainstream. What I believe they are has changed over time and continues to.

The extra-dimensional angle (bad pun, sorry) is just another hypothesis that doesn't get as much light as the extraterrestrial one.

I enjoy listening to the different theories. They're all interesting and valid from certain points of view, but I really just want to know what's going on up there.

-todd

New listerner for about a month now. I enjoy your show because it is very different in that it takes all different theories into accounts and also exposes hoaxes as they come along. Kudos to you guys and have a great new year!

Gene and David,
Just had to give you some feedback regarding the idea of having guests on the show in order to expose their hoaxes and bad information. I say this...

What a waste of time this would be for such a great show! This suggestion is in direct conflict with what you guys set out to do, which is to find the truth. If we waste time on hucksters and hoaxters it will keep us from having guests on the show that actually merit attention from listeners. However....on the other hand, if someone comes on the show and through the interview process it's decided that there are problems in their story, then have at it. Expose them. But, don't purposely set out to have fakes on the show for the purpose of exposing them and humiliating or infuriating them. The best way to fight the jokers and hoaxters out there is to just ignore them and not give them a forum and the opportunity to waste our time. I really like the main objective of the show, which is to puposefully search for the truth.

- Vinny DiNicola
P.S. - I wanted to call and leave a voice message about this, but couldn't find your phone number on the website. I've heard you mention your phone number on the show but I did not write it down. If I have missed it on your website, can you please tell me where to find it?

Vinny DiNicola said:
Gene and David,
Just had to give you some feedback regarding the idea of having guests on the show in order to expose their hoaxes and bad information. I say this...

What a waste of time this would be for such a great show! This suggestion is in direct conflict with what you guys set out to do, which is to find the truth. If we waste time on hucksters and hoaxters it will keep us from having guests on the show that actually merit attention from listeners. However....on the other hand, if someone comes on the show and through the interview process it's decided that there are problems in their story, then have at it. Expose them. But, don't purposely set out to have fakes on the show for the purpose of exposing them and humiliating or infuriating them. The best way to fight the jokers and hoaxters out there is to just ignore them and not give them a forum and the opportunity to waste our time. I really like the main objective of the show, which is to puposefully search for the truth.

- Vinny DiNicola
P.S. - I wanted to call and leave a voice message about this, but couldn't find your phone number on the website. I've heard you mention your phone number on the show but I did not write it down. If I have missed it on your website, can you please tell me where to find it?

We don't have a public phone number at this time. That may come later.

In any case, I appreciate your comments and we'll definitely take them into account.

If you do wish to write me privately, however, I will give you a number to call, or give me your number and the time that's most convenient for you and I'll call you instead.

Surley you've got to give everyone a chance to speak, fake or not,that's the only way we'll find out if there fake, you dont always know until you interview them, except Billy 'Bull****' Meir. :p

AJ38 said:
Surley you've got to give everyone a chance to speak, fake or not, that's the only way we'll find out if there fake, you dont always know until you interview them, except Billy 'Bull****' Meir. :p

If we don't know the interviewee or the claim is fake until we do the interview, that's one thing. If we know in advance, the question is whether we should talk to the person anyway?

So far, I think most of you feel we shouldn't bother.

Gene Steinberg said:
If we don't know the interviewee or the claim is fake until we do the interview, that's one thing. If we know in advance, the question is whether we should talk to the person anyway?

So far, I think most of you feel we shouldn't bother.

Yup, that about sums it up. If you guys know it's fake or completely ridiculous, then there is no reason to waste time on it (I would love to hear you expose a disinformation agent, though...). Keep going toward the positive and useful. (Some guests may not have mainstream science behind them, but if they are interesting and useful toward finding out things or exploring ideas, that's good, too.)

auntiegrav said:
Yup, that about sums it up. If you guys know it's fake or completely ridiculous, then there is no reason to waste time on it (I would love to hear you expose a disinformation agent, though...). Keep going toward the positive and useful. (Some guests may not have mainstream science behind them, but if they are interesting and useful toward finding out things or exploring ideas, that's good, too.)

Well-put.

Since this is one of the only shows I'm aware of that actively and thoroughly debates it's guests I see it as beneficial to the world of paranormal study for some of these disinformation agents to get exposed here. Other more obvious fakers and hoaxers are probably not worth Gene & David's time.

We'll weed out the obvious charlatans - Sylvia Browne will NEVER be on this show, I promise - and as far as disinformation agents, well, we did indeed invite Rick Doty on the show, but he declined. He's probably one of the shadiest characters around, and he definitely seems scared of speaking out on a forum like ours, so I'm not really surprised he didn't accept our offer.

dB

Back