• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 5th Show...

Free episodes:

in all fairness "You never know what's going to happen next"
just doesn't define the show's mission statement. In my humble opinion, and you guys have said it many times, the tag line should read; "The Paracast, separating the signal from the noise." http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSkYVCwY2k

Dude, I totally agree. 'You Never Know What's Gonna Happen Next' doesn't quite fit for the show anymore, sounds like at any second Gene could take his pants off or Rob Simone could come flying in a parasail :) I think your tagline or something along those lines of how the Paracast is the only place that attempts to separate the wheat from the paranormal chaf (spelling?) and find the credible info would be better as well.

However, I do think there is a small chance that UFOlogy will be taken more mainstream...more into the masses. And I believe that this can only be done with a two pronged attack on societies preconceptions via the media.

Sorry to be contrary, but I think there is far less likelihood of this than at any time in the last 30 years. We have some of the most serious and personally consequential issues converging on us at the same time; financial reconstruction, a shifting terrorist focus, escalating war in the Middle East, a new president and Congress with an as-yet unsettled, albeit gargantuan, agenda. I think interest in UFOs and the paranormal spikes in periods of relative stability, when the luxuries of leisure time and attention allow. I see media (and public!) interest in the paranormal dropping like a rock for the next few years.

The Grays bit gets me thinking: These beings are at least telepathic so their mind processes work nonlocally. Maybe they can actually see and act through the eyes of the smaller beings so that they are not like androids, not like little individual workers and more like an extension of the being controlling them. (And not controlling like they are slaves under a spell but controlling like these other bodies are akin to another set of arms.)

A group of individuals who each have their own hive mind and cool mini-me accessory packs.

Uh ohhh... action toys.. LOL

So when do auditions start for your band? I'm a shoe-in! :D

I dug the sound of your band, if you are the bassist and you lived in DC we would def have you out!

Strangely, it looks like for the 3rd time in a row we will have a bassist named 'Mike'. (just did auditions yesterday). Isn't that weird?

The last comment I agree with, there is just too much shit going on for anyone in politics to give much time to this subject anytime soon. Even if we are being visited by 'something' it has less direct impact on our day to day then when the unemployment and foreclosure rates are through the roof and meanwhile we are fighting 2 wars.....

Even as a paranormal obessesive myself, if I was in office right now, this UFO's would be relatively low on my priority list.

Dave....Gene....That show got me fired up! I am super-stoked to see you two kick some ass this year. When I first started self-educating myself to better understand my own experiences, I happened onto The Paracast and some "other", fluffier shows that will remain unnamed. It took me a few episodes to get it, in all fairness "You never know what's going to happen next"
just doesn't define the show's mission statement. In my humble opinion, and you guys have said it many times, the tag line should read; "The Paracast, separating the signal from the noise." After the latest show it sounds like The Paracast has realized itself as the entity it should be. Like to see you guys get together and shoot the shit for a change, especially after the recent spate of charlatans. Really dig having some tunes to break up the show, and holy shit! there's a lot of talented people on this forum. So I guess we need a new thread for posting music that the show can use, from the listeners' respective musical tribes. Rocketsauce, I am your bassist.

So, on that note, I was in a band called Phattoe, we toured across Canada a couple o times, had some chuckles, etc.
One of the places we visited on tour was Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia, Home of Canada's Roswell type incident, we stayed not to far from there and Jammed in a cottage on the Atlantic. We wrote a couple songs based on Don Ledger and Chris Styles' book "Dark Object". Only, hypothesizing that the NHE's were Rastafarian Greys.

At any rate here they are off our album "So Good", enjoy!8)
"Alien Drive By" -http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSkYVWyamw
Esacpir Tkefed- http://www.garageband.com/song?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSkYVCwY2k

I think I have seen you before... I know I have seen your name on flyers around town.

I think I have seen you before... I know I have seen your name on flyers around town.

Yeah, to combat the poster nazis who were basically racketeering to a few select bars, we'd get a buch o dudes together and post the shit outta the shows, in pretty bizarre locations sometimes, I know of one that has been up for 5 years and counting outside a buddy's studio. When is your next show?

foundryman,

That "Alien Drive By" is totally hysterical! I think we'll need to play than tune on the show... that OK by you? It's special. Good shit!

dB

Yeah, to combat the poster nazis who were basically racketeering to a few select bars, we'd get a buch o dudes together and post the shit outta the shows, in pretty bizarre locations sometimes, I know of one that has been up for 5 years and counting outside a buddy's studio. When is your next show?

Ya that Poster Nazi is a douche bag... I don't even think we poster anymore because he would rip our stuff down minutes after we put our stuff up.

We played two shows last weeked and now we are probably going to take some time off... A couple of my buddies own the distillery so you can find us usually there or at Verns or The Stetson... We have been banned from too many places so we usually stick to those three, lol.

Ya that Poster Nazi is a douche bag... I don't even think we poster anymore because he would rip our stuff down minutes after we put our stuff up.

We played two shows last weeked and now we are probably going to take some time off... A couple of my buddies own the distillery so you can find us usually there or at Verns or The Stetson... We have been banned from too many places so we usually stick to those three, lol.

HAHAHA! I know your pain... My old guitar player from a band I was in called
defEKt is now a lawyer, and he has a personal agenda with the poster nazi's, he wants to charge em with racketeering city property (poster space).
In that particular band "defEKt", we were banned from a few establishments due to the fact that we had a drummer who wouldn't hesitate to whip out his "third thumb" at shows.......we started to book outta town a lot after that.:D

HAHAHA! I know your pain... My old guitar player from a band I was in called
defEKt is now a lawyer, and he has a personal agenda with the poster nazi's, he wants to charge em with racketeering city property (poster space).
In that particular band "defEKt", we were banned from a few establishments due to the fact that we had a drummer who wouldn't hesitate to whip out his "third thumb" at shows.......we started to book outta town a lot after that.:D

Lol... we also had a drummer that loved to do the same thing, but that wasn't our reason for getting the boot. lol.

I hope your buddy does go after the poster nazi. He really makes it hard for up and coming bands to get thier name out there...

Back