• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jackie Gleason and Richard Nixon: Homestead AFB

What is the real Gleason tale?

• Jackie had to find a quick story justifying his absence after breaking up with mistress ;)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A real event... Nixon evaded security and drove to show off some alien hardware to his friend

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • The Gleason tale is pure fabrication

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
Apparently, Jackie Gleason had an extensive collection of UFO books... a real obsession.

pic340.jpg

This morning I spoke by telephone with Beverly Gleason McKittrick, an ex-wife of the late comedian Jackie Gleason. I explained to her that I was interested in the progress of her book and if she could talk about Jackie Gleason's claim of seeing alien bodies at Homestead Air Force Base in Florida.
Jackie Gleason's Wife Talks | Presidential UFO

Jackie Gleason's Trip To The Alien Morgue
"We drove to the very far end of the base in a segregated area, finally stopping near a well-guarded building. The security police saw us coming and just sort of moved back as we passed them and entered the structure. There were a number of labs we passed through first before we entered a section where Nixon pointed out what he said was the wreckage from a flying saucer, enclosed in several large cases. Next, we went into an inner chamber and there were six or eight of what looked like glass-topped Coke freezers. Inside them were the mangled remains of what I took to be children. Then - upon closer examination - I saw that some of the other figures looked quite old. Most of them were terribly mangled as if they had been in an accident."

The article in Esquire, and comments from his wife regarding Jackie's behavior when he arrived home that night seem very sincere. Alot of details, as far as Jackie's comments and behavior that followed into the next day, after his tour of the base. I also like the part where she mentions Jackie's talk with an astronaut back stage of a show, when the astronaut confirms Jackie's suspicion of the ufo reality, then goes on to say he witnessed such a craft while on a mission.
If someone was going to make up a story to explain why they were late(covering up an affair) - I could think of a thousand better excuses than "being led on a tour of alien artifacts" -So I do think this episode may have been genuine.

The article in Esquire, and comments from his wife regarding Jackie's behavior when he arrived home that night seem very sincere. Alot of details, as far as Jackie's comments and behavior that followed into the next day, after his tour of the base. I also like the part where she mentions Jackie's talk with an astronaut back stage of a show, when the astronaut confirms Jackie's suspicion of the ufo reality, then goes on to say he witnessed such a craft while on a mission.
If someone was going to make up a story to explain why they were late(covering up an affair) - I could think of a thousand better excuses than "being led on a tour of alien artifacts" -So I do think this episode may have been genuine.

I'll give you that point. That's probably the ultimate last reason I'd use to cover up an affair :D.. he took 3 weeks (got drunk) to recover from that episode... (unless he was recovering from rolling pin injuries lol).

Jackie Gleason had a house built in the shape of a UFO somewhere in NY state... 3 or 4 bars in the house ;)

Jackie Gleason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interest in the paranormal[edit source]

Gleason was a voracious reader of books on the paranormal (including The Urantia Book), parapsychology and UFOs.[42][47][48][49][50] During the 1950s he was a semi-regular guest on a paranormal-themed overnight radio show hosted by John Nebel, and wrote the introduction to Donald Bain's biography of Nebel.[51] After his death, his large book collection was donated to the library of the University of Miami.[50]

One of Gleason's ex-wives, Beverly Gleason McKittrick, said in multiple interviews[52] that Gleason once came home late at night in 1973 appearing badly shaken. McKittrick said her husband told her he had been taken to see President Richard Nixon. Nixon took him to Homestead Air Force Base in southern Florida, where Nixon allegedly showed him the small bodies of dead aliens that were stored there. McKittrick repeated the story to ufologist Kenny Young in two 2003 interviews, saying that while she did not know if he was telling the truth she believed him at the time because he seemed serious about it. She said her going public with this information angered Gleason and badly strained their relationship. Nixon and Gleason were friends, and played golf together on multiple occasions in Florida (where Nixon had a residence in Key Biscayne).[53]

In August 2012 the UFO organization MUFON revealed that they had been given the research papers of ufologist Leonard H. Stringfield, who was known for collecting stories of allegedly recovered UFOs and alien bodies (although he rarely revealed his sources). In Stringfield's papers, however, MUFON revealed that Stringfield had Gleason's contact information (although it is unclear whether this is related to McKittrick's story).

Back