• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is this a shaved sloth?

Free episodes:

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
Teenagers killed an alien... blah blah blah.

Panama: youngsters claim to have killed an alienMomento 24

Someone in the comments thinks it looks like a shaved sloth. I think they might be right.

extraterrestrecol.jpg

sloth20052small.jpg

Not sure about the nose/mouth though. I hope the poor thing wasnt mutilated while still alive.

Where are the stoning injuries that caused the death? There is no blood or cuts on the body.

There appears to be hair in the upper left corner in one of the photos from the link.

Where are the closeup pictures of the hands? Surely a strange creature with claws would make someone take a photo of the hands. Unless showing the claws is a dead give away of it being a sloth.

My guess is that they found a dead sloth, shaved it to make it look strange and took pictures. Can an animals fur become loose and come off if it is dead and left soaking in water?

One word...Neosporin.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wgbX_9UNkCc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wgbX_9UNkCc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The nose/mouth part certainly doesn't look like it belongs to a sloth, but who knows?

Read one of the comments from that site:

"
September 17, 2009 at 3:49 pm
So true how “WE” have to kill everything that is unusual or differ ent. That is why ET’s really have no desire to mingle as we are so ignorant. Google “Billie Meier” in Sweden or Switzerland. The Pleiadians, etc. visit him all the time. They have to dodge our missiles in order to land here. Pray, Pray, Pray, to whomever continually as this earth needs all the prayers she can get."
:D

Scroll down to see the (alleged) latest photo which includes the entire thing. Looks like a hoax to me, but I suppose it could have deteriorated.

Cryptomundo The Blue Hill Horror
Having seen that last photo, I would say with some certainty that it is a two-toed sloth, possibly diseased, deformed, or suffering chemical burn, and in a state of decay.
Those hook-clawed feet give it away. I think the kids story of killing the thing with rocks when it came toward them is a bunch of hooey.
Wikimedia Error
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

It looked to me right away like a sheep fetus, then the Eraserhead post clinched it. The visible foot is clearly a hoof (and is unrelated to the other skinned sloth image). The lack of teeth and hair and the undeveloped eye are consistent. In addition, the fact that there's only one photo and it's been flipped and enlarged in the sample indicate someone's been messing around. That's strange behavior for just "reporting" a find.

It looks like a sheep fetus to me. The Eraserhead post confirms it. The director of the film, if I remember correctly, would never say what that creature was but experts identified it as a sheep fetus. In the photo, the creature doesn't have claws, it has hooves, split just like a sheep, it has a nose, head, legs and body like a sheep (not like a sloth). It doesn't have teeth or hair and its eyes are undeveloped: all fetus-like. I think the story about throwing rocks at it was made up.

Wouldn't a sheep have teats on it's belly? I know we can't see the belly that well, but the close ups look like there are nipples on the chest. Whatever it is, it would mammalian in either case.

Back