• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

is this a nuke?

Nope. Electromagnetic effects (EMF pulse) would have fried the camera. A neutron bomb .....I would guess the gamma rays alone would have cooked the photographer. Besides, the fireball was slow to gain maximum brightness....a nuke is instantaneous.
My take.....it was an ammo dump full of conventional weapons/explosives that blew.

Nope. Electromagnetic effects (EMF pulse) would have fried the camera...

...which you can see in certain video footage of the collapse of the WTC from a video camera within a helicopter, the screen starts to degrade with large sqaure pixels, when the camera is focused on the tower with the large antenna above it iirc.

Gordon Duff (Joe Foot) and the others at Veterans Today website have been calling all sorts of explosions nuclear for months, including stuff in Damascus. This explosion in North Yemen looks chemical to me. It looks like a natural gas or oil cistern erupting. There isn't the double pulse of a hydrogen (=neutron) bomb, and there doesn't seem to be the unconventional nuclear shockwave that we'd expect to radiate out from the explosion as an expanding sphere, and which would travel along the ground at faster than sound speed. It looks very fluid, as if a gas or liquid is erupting upwards into the air, not a fuel-air bomb, but at ~ 27 sec. notice the large number of sparlies to the lower left of the mushroom-shaped flame. This is almost the sort of thing exo_doc and I were talking about, but it doesn't seem to be a camera effect, rather, it is real stuff in the air. It appears again the recapitulation of the scene at ~ 1:10, and this time it looks more like gamma ray interference with the digital sensors of the camera, it precedes the sound/shock wave, but on closer inspection it appears to be real stuff in the air again, perhaps melding with distant machine gun fire at some point, but not gamma ray noise. The perspective (from the north side?) at ~ 2:00 also has the sparklies as fringe around the main explosion, which I cannot explain, and which would argue for a camera effect rather than material in the air. The rising cloud itself looks completely conventional to me, no nuclear effects, just rising heat and dust. fwiw.

My layman's guess is a conventional bomb (bunker penetrating maybe?) hitting some kind of ammo or ordnance dump. Plus, as exo and storge pointed out, the lack of a shock wave and slow development of the fireball. Nuclear fireballs are so fast that the gov spent big bucks in the early days of nuclear testing to develop ultra fast cameras to capture their behavior.

Back