• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is the Paranormal a Male-Oriented Pursuit?

I'm a woman and I love the skeptical approach to the paranormal. Sadly, I also don't know any other women who do. Or men for that matter. I really have no-one to talk to about these things so I just listen to the Paracast and a few others and do some reading all by my lonesome. At least there are forums, tho, right? : )

"Is the Paranormal a Male-Oriented Pursuit?" It may depend on how it is approached. There are a lot of women who would not walk through a castle alone at night with only a flashlight. . .but I know men who would not tread there either. How many women do we find out in a boggy swamp looking for a skunk ape? How many men? What sex you are doesn't matter. It's what you're interested in and if you think the truth is worth pursuing.

Poi said:
Oddly enough, my friend who turned to the church was named Cindy. LOL

Welcome, Cindy!
Hi Poi!
I can assure you that I won't be turning to the church anytime soon-I won't go into all of the gory details...

That's funny that men are interested in your quantum physics books. My husband runs when I pick up mine because he knows that if he is around I will start talking to him about it. LOL

Thanks for the welcome :)

Ankhes said:
I'm a woman and I love the skeptical approach to the paranormal. Sadly, I also don't know any other women who do. Or men for that matter. I really have no-one to talk to about these things so I just listen to the Paracast and a few others and do some reading all by my lonesome. At least there are forums, tho, right? : )

I agree. I have looked for groups in my area online, and there are really only spiritual types of paranormal groups. I joined one that seemed to be interested in the quantum physics angle, but it was a little too "woo-woo" for me and not what I was looking for. They were way out there and certainly not skeptical about anything.
Oh well, as you said, at least there are the forums...

it appears to me to be more about the mindset than gender, the two local ufo conferences ive attended had a close to even mix of genders.

That's an interesting thought Gene. My wife Amy has had experiences as a child with "shadow people". We recently have both been sitting in the living room and have seen things move across the room, we both shared an experience where we heard something in the hall way and felt it was standing outside our door. We both thought the other was asleep, the next day when I brought it up we then realized it indeed was something that we couldn't explain and our accounts were identical. Yet my fascination with all things paranormal completely outweighs her interest. We may share an experience, then she moves on and I'm off to the computer to find books and articles. She laughs at my fascination with UFO's and Sasquatch yet doesn't dismiss the possibilities for there existence.

LOL,,,, I'm 39 years old and still don't understand the gals completely......

~A

The only reason it got interesting to guys, is because of the chicks.

I know it's what got me interested. Gotta love moody chicks.

Back