• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is the PARACAST getting better?

Free episodes:

mikec

Skilled Investigator
Q U E S T I O N :

This is subjective sure enough. I've been getting a lot back from the recent podcasts.

The show is evolving, and I'm impressed. It's a curious thing to try and chart, but it sure feels like the show is in top form. You know how when you drive a sports car, and you get it up to a certain speed and it starts to "hum" - ? Anyway - the show is "humming."

Example: The LISTENER ROUNDTABLE was really impressive. There is an important tone that comes from the ground UP (rather than the top DOWN). The researchers at the 'top" are vital, but their insights are sometimes less "human" than the very real folks who are experiencing these strange events.

There are no answers in this elusive field. But the PARACAST has - for me - been arranging the puzzle pieces in a way that allows me deeper and richer insights.

Thanks Gene & Dave.
your pal,
Mike Clelland!

My feelings exactly, Mike. The last several shows have been very solid. David's "finishing kick" in the last ten minutes of the last Hastings/Ecker show is one of the best things I've ever heard on The Paracast.

Glad for the post Mike and I totally agree,

Gene's knowledge of this whole topic never ceases to amaze me, he's like an encyclopedia, and for me at least one of the most likeable and engaging hosts I have ever heard.
What David brings is not only incredibly insightful thinking, but what I really love about the guy is his passionate, take no prisoners, full on, honest approach to the topics that come up. Not only has he had some extreme experiences, and therefore very valuable in having a firm handle on all this from that point of view, he also does his homework and I thank him for that. Prepared and professional which is good.

Whilst I can see how he can really rile some people, in my opinion they deserve it, and if you dont agree then you aint really listening.

Oh and if you think I'm playing Kissass, well I dont give a shit. I put my money where my mouth is, which aint a lot and I'm firing off £20 right now.

Vive La Paracast,

Mark

Example: The LISTENER ROUNDTABLE was really impressive. There is an important tone that comes from the ground UP (rather than the top DOWN). The researchers at the 'top" are vital, but their insights are sometimes less "human" than the very real folks who are experiencing these strange events.

I'm hooked on the show, and feel Dave and Gene are a talk show dream team! I spend at least an hour with them each day as I am still trying to catch up with as many archived shows as I can.

The listener roundtable, however, was one of the weakest Paracasts, in my opinion. It was one of the three programs that I have not been able to listen to through till the end. Maybe with the right mix of listener guests.

Looking forward to learning more new stuff ...

It is nice to see you back here Mike C. I have liked the paracast from the first time I listened to it so it is difficult to say. I think it has been very good since it started.

I like the round table episode and was wondering if "Moulder" was an experiencer or not?

My concern is that the Paracast may in fact be getting TOO good and setting the bar so high that soon there will be no one left to come on the show.

Though I haven't been very active on the forums in some time, I haven't missed an episode. With that said, I'd strongly agree with this topic. After the roundtable episode and the latest with Don Ecker and Mr. Hastings, I'm starting to consider myself a little spoiled with being able to experience such discussions for free. I think some donations are due. :cool:

Sorry Im gonna call this thread as I see it....

a blatant ass-kiss!

Seriously though, I dont understand how the Paracast could "get better". The format has always been Gene and Dave with or without a guest(s). Ive gone back and listened to Daves telling of his Caracas sighting with his brother from the start of 2006. That was an amazing podcast and just as good (or better) than some shows in the past 3 months.

Then again the past 3 months has also been a time for some great Paracast eps.

The only thing that Paracast has that determines quality is the guest. The commentary from the hosts is (IMO) top notch and has been that way since day one. So are the guests getting better? I dont think so.... some recent ones have been amazing, but theres also been some duds.

Same goes for 2 years ago.

Theres one other factor that you might think adds to the quality of the Paracast increasing, and that is less tolerance for the bullshit. I would say there is way less tolerance for exopolitics and disclosure now, and I think if Serpo hit today I would bet good money that Bill Ryan wouldnt get anywhere near the Paracast as a guest.

So theres that. But Gene and Dave have always had a low tolerance for the bullshit, and after all, thats part of the reason we're all here right?

In summation, yes, I believe the Paracast is of high quality now. But its always been that way. So Mikec - ass kiss thread?:D (Im just teasing man)

I'm hooked on the show, and feel Dave and Gene are a talk show dream team! I spend at least an hour with them each day as I am still trying to catch up with as many archived shows as I can.

The listener roundtable, however, was one of the weakest Paracasts, in my opinion. It was one of the three programs that I have not been able to listen to through till the end. Maybe with the right mix of listener guests.

Looking forward to learning more new stuff ...

I have to agree with the listener episode being weak.I had a hard time believing three + people in that round-table had a sighting.No offence to the peeps that were there,but it's a little hard to believe.The stuff about reading minds and past lives was near shark jumping.I would warn G&D not to get involved in wild tangents like that or end up like the keven smith show.<---he has some obviously crazy guests with zero sense of realitly.

I will say a huge plus to an episode like that is observing the listener interaction.It's an evolution of sorts to the advertiser controlled "real" radio shows out there.I say fuck the coast to coast shit,internet shows like the paracast keep it real.

I had a hard time believing three + people in that round-table had a sighting.No offence to the peeps that were there,but it's a little hard to believe.

No offence but thats fucking stupid.

What do you think, they randomly invited 4 people onto the podcast for an episode and just by a happy coincidence they all happened to have had a UFO sighting?

Youre getting your chicken and your eggs mixed up. They were invited onto the show BECAUSE they have had a UFO sighting. THATS the reason they were on the show.

You are essentially saying that you find it hard to believe that 3 people in the world have had a UFO sighting.

What do you think, they randomly invited 4 people onto the podcast for an episode and just by a happy coincidence they all happened to have had a UFO sighting?

Youre getting your chicken and your eggs mixed up. They were invited onto the show BECAUSE they have had a UFO sighting. THATS the reason they were on the show.

You are essentially saying that you find it hard to believe that 3 people in the world have had a UFO sighting.

/shrug
I honestly didn't pay attention to the reason they were on the show.I turned it off when the female guest started to talk about psychic ability. I'm into the nuts and bolts of the UFO phenomenon, not crazy talk about reading minds.

/shrug
I honestly didn't pay attention to the reason they were on the show.I turned it off when the female guest started to talk about psychic ability. I'm into the nuts and bolts of the UFO phenomenon, not crazy talk about reading minds.

Neither am I.

re the UFO thing... dont you think if there had to be a reason they were on the show that was probably it? 4 people on a paranormal / UFO show just happened to have had UFO sightings...

lol, no.

And BTW, Im not sure if you can say " no offence, but youre a liar". Doesnt really work.

Gareth, I'd think twice before throwing around the "fucking stupid" line... you are absolutely wrong about the reasons why we invited those listeners on the show, it was not because they all had UFO sightings, it was actually due to their interesting interactions on these forums, and the fact that we felt they would bring that dynamic intelligence to a conversation, which they all did, and while there are some who did not enjoy the episode, we got overwhelmingly positive feedback from a lot more folks, so overall, it was something we would - and will - definitely do again.

I've decided to be a little smarter about how and when I post on these forums, I would suggest you consider doing the same, Gareth.

dB

Well, I finally caught up with all the back issues of the Paracast. I would have to say that the show has evolved, and for the better. It was never bad, but it seems that there is more of a "groove" and a better rhythm to the show.

I listen to a few "paranormal" podcasts and I am VERY surprised that more hosts don't take a skeptical but serious investigative approach. I don't know if the other hosts are afraid of offending some of these whackos or what, but isn't it all about the truth? Couldn't anybody get on air with unprovable claims and non-sensical theories? Why won't anybody call them on their bluff?

The UFO "waters" right now are so muddy, that they're almost solid. The Paracast is a serious attempt to understand the phenomena. I wish there were more of the same.

About the quote:

"I turned it off when the female guest started to talk about psychic ability. I'm into the nuts and bolts of the UFO phenomenon, not crazy talk about reading minds."

I have to say that the 'crazy talk' about reading minds is PART of the phenomenon, and to ignore it is to dismiss a very real set of clues.

I have made an effort over the last few years to research these stories on my own, and the psychic aspects of the UFO events is a very consistent thread. Many of the people who tell of close encounters will (often privately, and often grudgingly) tell of a heightened psychic abilities.

I don't understand it, but it's a very real comment made by seemingly quite heathy witnesses (myself included).

Be careful - Don't be so quick to separate the NUTS & BOLTS camp from the (assumed) CRAZY TALK. These aspects overlap. My advice: Be skeptical - not dismissive.

Mike C!

/shrug
I'm into the nuts and bolts of the UFO phenomenon.

I can imagine the frustration the guys that recovered the Roswell wreckage must have encountered when they started trying to reverse-engineer the thing and realized it was all metric-bolts and they only had standard-size wrenches. The cool thing about alien bolts is that they're made out of memory-metal, so if you strip one with a loose wrench it just pops back into a perfect hexagon.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Gareth, I'd think twice before throwing around the "fucking stupid" line... you are absolutely wrong about the reasons why we invited those listeners on the show, it was not because they all had UFO sightings, it was actually due to their interesting interactions on these forums, and the fact that we felt they would bring that dynamic intelligence to a conversation, which they all did, and while there are some who did not enjoy the episode, we got overwhelmingly positive feedback from a lot more folks, so overall, it was something we would - and will - definitely do again.

I've decided to be a little smarter about how and when I post on these forums, I would suggest you consider doing the same, Gareth.

dB

So the fact the folks you invited on had had (in some cases) significant UFO sightings or paranormal experiences had NOTHING to do with it then? Happy coincidence?

edit

I should also add that indeed I agree there was no need for my choice of language in the earlier post. I could have just as effectively got my intended message across without the vulgarities and insult. Sorry for that Fcseven. It was reactionary, as my posts often are.

If I didn't like it, I would be gone. Does it mean I like every show? No. Does it mean I always agree with David? No. I've been here a long time and I haven't left and that says more then anything on my view on the show/site IMO.

The Paracast has gotten much better. Gene and David have really carved out a nice niche for themselves (too bad honest inquiry is a niche these days).

Keep up the good work gentlemen. I always look forward to ending my weekend with your show!

Back