• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is the Anomalist on a Fool's Errand?" - Thomas E. Bullard

@Lance, better make sure Nameless doesn't hate me.. ;)
Still, your fascination with all of this is because.. ? (read the first few pages before answering as well, btw, thanks for posting a conversation stopper ;) ) I doubt you would be pitiful enough to generalize the people on this board here as 'Die Hard' Ufologists. What exactly do you want to achieve/is your ultimate goal here ? Converting 'us' to be more skeptical thinkers ?(count me in there, because there is 'something', whatever it is).Making fun of 'us' is out of the question (at least in my Mind (and sorry for all the Ellipses))because this field is laughable enough at it is. You seem to be pissing (and excuse my french there) on an already dying fire, there is still a phenomena that needs to be adressed. What it is, yea, who the f knows. Trying to put out the fire ( I admit, retarded analogy.. :p)just curbs it. So, you are so involved in flying Saucers why exactly (I know you and Mr. Moseley were clos somewhat)...? ;) (beers were had here ..)

Last edited by a moderator:
anything and i mean anything tim printy is involved in supposedly debunking, you can take with a pinch of salt, ive seen him argue his claims about the pheonix lights, and he was taken apart, and several of his key claims shown and proven to be completed fabrications infront of an audience, yet did he correct one scintilla of his website claims, you got it, not a feckin sentence, the man makes my skin crawl.

they are all each others echo chambers, giving themselves grand titles like '' scientific debunkers '' when in reality they are nothing more than ex military grunts, that couldnt get a proper job, or establish, and grow a business.

he possesses less than zero personal integrity, and it is just very frustrating trying to make sense of events, when agendi are set in stone, and any claim will do aslong as you just keep hammering away with it.

i have personally taken him to task over several 'mistakes' on his site, which in public he has said he will correct, ofcourse he NEVER has, not once.

Last edited:
after many years of dealing with them you will realise they dont care, it is just state sponsored propaganda, its just a job, do you honestly believe lancyboy is here because he is having fun, he regards people here as beneath contempt, same as the generation before him, and the generation that will follow.

they are all each others echo chambers
I really like that synopsis. Unfortunately the exact same thing said about the skeptical debunkers can be said about the believers. The field of paranormal inquiry, on the whole, has few standards overall, little by way of consistency and comes across as a leaky boat with many patches. Ideas get floated, but little progress is made in trying to get to the other bank of the river.

I see the echo and re-echo of what I personally feel are simply ridiculously stretched notions i.e. the video of the cruise ship floating off the coast of Turkey that supposedly has actual aliens walking about in it. Same goes for implants and almost all abduction reports. But then we all have our line.

I greatly appreciate the dogged determinism of the skeptic, so long as they don't lie, work so damn hard to cover up their own dirty trails, practice denial, or use that non-stop mocking tone that reminds me more of a parrot than an actual thinker with some consideration.

After reading Bullard's opening salvo in this magazine, at the very least I have more plausible explanations than the fantastic or the improbable. This then points to the fact that an amalgam of stories from witnesses, myself included, should not be the basis to stake claims. Better evidence is needed to uphold any existing notions about the 'reality' of UFO's etc. Consequently, trying to establish the hard core case list is still a problem of diminishing returns.

Still, your fascination with all of this is because.. ? (read the first few pages before answering as well, btw, thanks for posting a conversation stopper ;) ) I doubt you would be pitiful enough to generalize the people on this board here as 'Die Hard' Ufologists. What exactly do you want to achieve/is your ultimate goal here ? Converting 'us' to be more skeptical thinkers ?(count me in there, because there is 'something', whatever it is).Making fun of 'us' is out of the question (at least in my Mind (and sorry for all the Ellipses))because this field is laughable enough at it is. You seem to be pissing (and excuse my french there) on an already dying fire, there is still a phenomena that needs to be adressed. What it is, yea, who the f knows. Trying to put out the fire ( I admit, retarded analogy.. :p)just curbs it. So, you are so involved in flying Saucers why exactly (I know you and Mr. Moseley were clos somewhat)...? ;) (beers were had here ..)

bHo1yNT.gif

That was simply great, well if maybe a little beer addled but it was coherent enough.
As for myself yes I am a skeptic but not so much that I will throw the metaphoric baby out with the bath water. But lets face it friends (since most of you here are in the 1000 + post club I think I can say that) when this so called field is so full of nut balls, whack jobs, freaks, scammer's, liar's, cheats, psychos, new age fluffy f**k's, Steven Greer, and Richard Hogland is it any wounder people don't take it seriously?

Last edited:

The answer seems to be in his signature, which I kept reading as "it fits the pattern" but the "all" and the "!" are in there too?

My signature is from Gray Barker. It was something he would say in jest to poke fun at how UFO believers lump every disconnected story together as part of an imaginary pattern. Jim Moseley told me about it and I thought it was hilarious.

Lance

I guess that's kind of true of any type of true believer, having to fit everything into their beliefs . . .

I did a Google search:

gray barker "it all fits the pattern"

but the only hits it turned up appeared to be referenced by you - is there more context that shows the actual humor (a particular story perhaps where Gray was making fun of someone and it was hilarious?)

I don't know if Jim ever mentioned it on a Paracast program or not. I think perhaps it was just something he said it me on the phone.

Humor does not get funnier with explanation, I have found. Feel free to let it mean whatever you like.

Lance

Rarely by explanation; but often by example - I like Jim Moseley stories - they just never actually seem funny to me - which makes me think it was the way he told a story. Thank you for the back story though, I always took your signature to refer to all UFO cases fitting a pattern for you.

dyingsun's question still stands then? - or you have answered this elsewhere too many times to count?

I am always curious at two sorts of folks who seem not only attracted to, but who stay involved with UFOs and the paranormal generally (of course self-selection is involved, hard to count those who don't stick around) - first is the skeptic and second are those who have never had a paranormal experience/UFO sighting. For you, and the above seems to support this, there seems to be an element of schadenfreude (and there is a better word, but I can't think of it) but we all indulge that from time to time and I wouldn't think it likely to be a primary motivation.

What does 'echo' mean? You agree? I think it's a fair question you asked. I don't know Lance, except by reference from others, but I'm curious about the motivation both for skeptics and for those who haven't had an experience but are devoted to the subject for the long term.

You will have 'fun', even it may be on your dying breath, but 'it' will say hello. Let's take in of all of the the other fucking str
angeness before that happens . ;)

Back