• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

is it weird when on american tv they talk about illegal aliens

Free episodes:

W

wezzy

i think of extraterrestrials instead of immigrants :)

start calling them illegal immigrants or something else

when they call them illegal aliens does that mean there are legal aliens in the US too?

what kind of weird description is that?
anyone else find this a stupid description name?

why do they call people aliens wth?

Well, There are a lot of main stream terms that are stupid, simply wrong or does not make any sense.

However regarding the topic of discussion, No the "illegal aliens" term is a legitimate term to use.

from a dictionary, "Alien" as the key word

"alien adj. being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world"alien customs""exotic plants in a greenhouse""exotic cuisine"adj. not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something"an economic theory alien to the spirit of capitalism""the mysticism so foreign to the French mind and temper""jealousy is foreign to her nature"[possession] v. transfer property or ownership"The will aliened the property to the heirs"See foreignerSee extraterrestrial beingSee estrangeSee stranger"

I do apologise for the formatting.

Have a good day/night

wezzy said:
i think of extraterrestrials instead of immigrants :)

start calling them illegal immigrants or something else

when they call them illegal aliens does that mean there are legal aliens in the US too?

what kind of weird description is that?
anyone else find this a stupid description name?

why do they call people aliens wth?

Websters presents: Aliens defined

a·li·en(l-n, lyn)
adj.
1. Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents.
2. Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange. See Synonyms at foreign.
3. Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature: emotions alien to her temperament.
n.
1. An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen.
2. A person from another and very different family, people, or place.
3. A person who is not included in a group; an outsider.
4. A creature from outer space: a story about an invasion of aliens.
5. Ecology An organism, especially a plant or animal, that occurs in or is naturalized in a region to which it is not native.

I have heard the term legal alien/ resident alien before btw.

ah i see hats for the clarification guys

is this a US thing or do they call this in UK too?

its just that being so involved into the paranormal/ufos/aliens that everytime you mention the word "alien" i get a mental image of a typical "grey alien" its annoying lol

Well, I would wager that Lloyd Pye believes he has one of their Anchor Children's skull in hand.

Back