• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is Andrew D. Basiago really David Wilcock?

Antoun

Paranormal Novice
Is Wilcock a total fraud? Bob Dean gave props to Andrew Basiago, does that mean he's not credable either? I was all wrapped up in this Mars stuff, only too find it highly suspect.

I'd love to hear David ream this nut-job.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sorry to add to this thread so late, but in case there was any doubt, I stumbled onto this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=basiago&[email protected]

Apparently Mr. Basiago is no stranger to nutball theories. To name a few:
-Hillary Clinton is a CIA operation
-Asptartame is used for a New World Order depopulation scheme
-NASA ran mind-control experiments on children.

Glad someone posted that. I only popped in to add this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg50004.html

Mr. Basiago seems like he might have some personal issues to focus on.

It does look as if he and rationality truly parted company some time ago.

Ya think?
Seriously, I listened to the last part of his interview with J. Mystic out of curiousity (should be Dipstick) and I swear I could hear her firing up the bong!

One of the strangest things about him is that he is actually a practicing attorney in Vancouver, Washington. This is very close to Gillialand's ranch. Hmmmm.....

This is a perfect example of how the paranormal community screws themselves. We always blame the scientific community, or the evil government for blocking research or debunking, real research into UFO’s or fringe science, when in reality it is us who cannot use basic reasoning to spot a mentally deranged guy like Basiago, and Steve Greer. So what if he has a couple of liberal art degrees, (or in Greer’s case a medical degree), College does not magically turn a conman into an honorable person. What makes is worse is that George Snorey swallows everything these guys spew. I use to love C-2-C, and still enjoy it when Knapp host it, but the show has taken a real dive since Art Bell lost control. At least when he had the program, he would ask intelligent questions, and had a good technical background. Snorey doesn’t know how a light bulb works, and believes anything if it is backed up with words like: “electro-magnetic field”, or “quantum”. What a rube. Some how the serious researchers have to separate themselves from the crack pots and there followers who have crawled out of the shallow end of the gene pool. The best example of serious researchers is the The Society for Scientific Exploration (SSE) which “is a professional organization of scientists and scholars who study unusual and unexplained phenomena”. This organization is very exclusive, and does a good job of keeping out the nut-jobs. I have attempted to join, and with only an undergraduate in chemistry, I don’t have a chance. While I do not agree with everything that is published by these guys, at least they are doing good science. This is the best chance we have of getting accepted into the general community, and possibility some kind of disclosure.

Good post. I remember my old Social Work "perfessor" in college. I was doing the "wow, Doctor ----- it must have been hard to get your degree. Her response was "Any idiot can get a PhD." :) Beleive me she was no idiot. But, she was a good Social Worker and a good administrator. However, after meeting some doctors and lawyers and working with some I found one thing for sure. She was right. Education doesn't automatically make you less of a nut. It does (as a PhD friend of mine says.) Take some of the rough edges off..well sometime. :)

Back