• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Interdimensional Being or Classical Extraterrestrial?

Ron Collins

Curiously Confused
I'm just curious what you all think. If UFO's are piloted by non-humans, what is their origin? Im not looking for evidence in this one, just gut feelings.

RonCollins said:
I'm just curious what you all think. If UFO's are piloted by non-humans, what is their origin? I'm not looking for evidence in this one, just gut feelings.

RonCollins --

I don't think they're from "out there," meaning other star systems. I'm tending to agree with the more paraphysical interpretations I've been hearing. The Clueless One, for instance, has noted that the post-conference off the record bar conversation among the UFO researchers that he's experienced runs toward the seriously "high strangeness" aspect of the phenomenon, things that just don't fit into the "other people's spaceships" way of looking at it.

I feel "they" are from right here. I'm going to chime in with the folks that feel that this is a phenomenon that has been with us in various guises since the beginning. Not to suggest "other dimensions" as such, but I do think this is somehow tied to us, we being an expression of consciousness in the Universe.

RonCollins said:
I'm just curious what you all think. If UFO's are piloted by non-humans, what is their origin? Im not looking for evidence in this one, just gut feelings.

For the time being (and I am very open-minded about origins!), I'm presuming they're from other places in the known universe (stars, planets, hydrogen clouds...).

My logic is that I am certain that there are an infinity of such locations from which they can originate whereas I have no knowledge of any other dimensions.

And I don't buy high-tech crypto-terrestrial.

I've never heard anyone who accepts the trans-dimensional hypothesis discuss the problem of incommensurability between stellar neighbors and how this problem could account for the apparent meaninglessness of UFO behavior.

To a civilization from another star system, the concepts we take for granted would likely be totally meaningless and vice-versa. If, for instance, the others live in a hive society, like bees or ants, then concepts like individual action, place, and function could be so wildly unfamiliar as to be rendered totally meaningless. Their behavior would appear absurd and irrational to us, incomprehensible -- very strange indeed. They needn't even be a hive society for this problem to arise. Even the slightest difference in sensory apparati would produce a creature different from us in fundamental and thus extremely significant ways.

You know, all that shit. It makes sense to me. I cannot see other so-called dimensions, branes, whatever the hell they're called. I can, however, see other stars. As for "high strangeness," they could very well think the same thing about us.

But then, I don't have the advantage of remembering specific details of any UFO encounters that I may or may not have had.

The trans-dimensionial stuff really scares me green. It makes me think that our entire universe is just some ride in a trans-dimensional amusement park. "Go visit the SpaceBox and torment the poor little darling humans." They have some contest going on monthly, which for us would be millenially: the God game. See if you can convince the stupid humans that you are their God, defeat rival Gods, build the biggest temples: what fun!

I can't nail it down to an either-or argument. I see no reason to assume anything at this point. Some UFOs may be extra-dimensional, some may be extra-terrestrial. By definition alone, we have no way of knowing.

I, myself, am still waiting for conclusive evidence that we are being visited by beings from other worlds or dimensions/universes/realities. I'm certain that people have seen things that defy logic and/or physics as we know it but is that a purely subjective thing or not ... or really "out of this world", I don't really know.

So ... evidence?? "What is evidence?" I guess should be the next question. Its a cliche I guess that unless we have a "ufo" land right in front of us so that we can examine it close up we don't really have evidence. Photographs of UFOs can be hoaxed as we all know, video too in some respects ... so unless someone comes up with a downed UFO (apparently quite a few have been brought down according to some people but I have a hard time believing that without records, photos, "evidence" of some sort etc.), I don't think we can ever be too sure of what really is going on.

I am pretty clear on the idea that a percentage of the unknown things seen in our skies are black military craft of some sort ... whether it be Aurora, the TR-3B or stealth blimp. Some sightings may be atmospheric phenomena or "earthlights" of some kind ... and some may be bleeding of one universe into another. According to recently published studies, parallel universes really do exist ... and may even have chocolate as well as here on dear ole planet earth.

So the whole question of where they come from is a bit of a bind really, and I really think that it needs a long term dedicated research project of some kind to actually start tackling the subject properly and maybe start coming up with hypotheses which may explain some if not all of the phenomena we see in the UFO field.

It's all just guesswork. No-one can say with any authority where these, or any beings come from.
My guess is that they come from everywhere and i don't discount any hypothesis.

My guess goes in the "little bit of both" category. They are coming from another dimension in deep, deep space.
Honestly, I have no idea. But I do know it is a lot more complicated than what In Search of or my other introductory stimuli would have had me believe in the early 70's.
Whatever it is, my guess is it is a lot more bizzare (inter dimensional or otherwise) than we can fathom.

My feeling is that it's an irrelevant question in the sense that when an intelligence breaks down barriers of space/time (as well as psychic barriers) it is no longer a prisoner of its own planet. I think "Where are you from?" might be an unrecognizable question at that point because everywhere is your home.

However, as Mac Tonnies pointed out to me, if they are cryptoterrestrials, it is a relevant question in terms of their agenda , because this is their home too and they might have a territorial claim over us.

valiens said:
My feeling is that it's an irrelevant question in the sense that when an intelligence breaks down barriers of space/time (as well as psychic barriers) it is no longer a prisoner of its own planet.
I'm not sure I follow you here. If an "intelligence" is capable of traveling anywhere (regardless of what method), their origin is no longer relevant?

valiens said:
I think "Where are you from?" might be an unrecognizable question at that point because everywhere is your home.
But you still have an origin, no matter if you are capable of living anywhere or in fact living everywhere.

valiens said:
However, as Mac Tonnies pointed out to me, if they are cryptoterrestrials, it is a relevant question in terms of their agenda , because this is their home too and they might have a territorial claim over us.
Their agenda is a relevant question no matter their origin.

Fitzbew88:

Unless they just left the planet for the first time I don't think it's relevant. If we could go anywhere in this universe or another, would we identify ourselves as earthlings? I think within a few generations of having that capability, we wouldn't.

And this might be way out there, beyond the original question, but if you want to examine it from a spiritual perspective, if we broke the barrier between conscious and unconscious mind--if we had a wholeness of consciousness--would we see ourselves as individuals? Or would we be one intelligence acting through a bunch of bodies?

Also, I don't know why it's of interest to us. I can see from their point of view how there could be a historical interest in where they originated from but what sense would we be able to make of it?

"Where are you from?"

"Well, Jer, see that star waaaaaaay over there?"

"Oh."

As to their agenda, the point is, their origin would only come into play (I think; I could be missing something here) if they were actually from earth. Then we'd have to work with them as fellow earthlings (assuming, of course they weren't like, "Bitches?--You're our slaves, now.")

If they were from here there would be the politics of it but also a mess involved if we were affecting them with our nuclear explosions, for instance. So, yeah: their agenda is always relevant but their point of origin isn't always relevant to their agenda.

valiens said:
And this might be way out there, beyond the original question, but if you want to examine it from a spiritual perspective, if we broke the barrier between conscious and unconscious mind--if we had a wholeness of consciousness--would we see ourselves as individuals? Or would we be one intelligence acting through a bunch of bodies?

Jeremy --

This is what I thought you were driving at.

Fitzbew88 --

I certainly can't say I'm an expert on this, but having read Jeremy's book, and some of Strieber's material, and having been exposed to spiritual material in a range from the Unity Church to Ram Dass to Krishnamurti, I'm hearing a common message from different sources that says our consciousness is bound to Time, and our way of thinking, by in large, is stuck in that box and can't see it differently. There are those individuals who have made the leap out of the box (including of all people St. Augustine, who came to the conclusion that in the beginning God created Time). "They" (the aliens) could just as easily answer the question "where are you from?" with a response of "the same place you are," even if they had a biological origin and a consciousness stranded in time like ours at some "point."

I pull back a bit from the suggestion that these beings are from "other dimensions" because the way I see the term used is more akin to the "New Age" or TV/Film science fiction usage, as opposed to what little I understand of the scientific usage. I tend to doubt that this is a kind of understanding that can be captured by formulae and theory, a'la What the Bleep do We Know? However, I must concede Mathematics is a language after all, and I do believe language can point us, symbolically or metaphorically, to higher understanding.

How about the Navy pilot videos that were released by the Pentagon? The US Navy has declassified these videos and they have been released to the public. Additionally, many governments have declassified the documents from programs which were previously classified and released them to the public. You can't say that they don't exist. You can only say that what they are is not known. They are unidentified as in unidentified aerial phenomena.

Also, pilots and astronauts were highly discouraged from reporting UAPs in the past. This means that many have encountered these unknown objects but hesitated to report them due to the consequences of doing so. Many have come forward to state that they did not report them in the past but are now doing so. There are so many reputable people who have come forward that this should be considered fact and will be in the future. I would also refer you to Nick Pope who investigated UFOs for the British government and is now vocal about his past activities in this position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeremy --

This is what I thought you were driving at.

Fitzbew88 --

I pull back a bit from the suggestion that these beings are from "other dimensions" ...
I think it's very likely visitors from other planets use interdimensional technology - how else to travel huge distances without being destroyed by interstellar matter while travelling at relativistic speeds?

I don't see it as a question of ET OR interdimensional, but BOTH.

- Squirrel

I think it's very likely visitors from other planets use interdimensional technology - how else to travel huge distances without being destroyed by interstellar matter while travelling at relativistic speeds?

- Squirrel
i get your concerns with the hazards of high-velocity travel, however there could be some workarounds:

- Squirrel
Well... you don't have to travel at relativistic speeds necessarily.

A few years ago, I was having ongoing conversations with one of the luminaries in this field, who had fantastic ideas about how they get around the universe quickly. Which were very cool ideas involving wormholes, warp drives, parallel universes, all kinds of things.

I offered as a counterpoint that all of that was cool, but not really required if you alter your frame of reference about these things. Somewhere on this site, I once posted a theoretical way to send humans to other solar systems with existing chemical rocket technology. Slowly.

In essence, you take a bunch of human embryos, freeze them, stick them in a Voyager-esque kind of probe, and just shoot them off willy nilly into the universe, pointed at local stars. It would get there in thousands of years, if at all, and if it found a suitable planet, could parachute a lander down, warm up the embryos, and 'birth' them on the planet. No warp drives or 'dimensional' travel required. All with existing technology.

It gets even niftier with a post-singularly society capable of working nanotech, AI, and the ability to store personalities. You create a similar probe, only loaded with smart nanotech and AI - with the stored minds of hundreds or thousands of you on board. It lands, and uses existing material in the solar system to replicate bases, ships, and then individuals, ready to go. What would such a thing look like?

Well, actually a lot like stuff we see. Lots of variety in ships, because they're not manufactured - they're grown for individual purposes and then likely scrapped for material. The ships might not have occupants at all most of the time - the stored minds could be relocated to the craft directly at will. Entities could be grown in-situ upon landing if needed. The craft could therefore be solid state, and g-forces wouldn't be an issue. The entities you see have similar morphology to the biology present in that solar system so they can interact with it. But that morphology is still fluid, and subject to change. There would also be a timeless quality to it - because these entities wouldn't be mortal in our sense of it. They could do research programs over thousands or millions of years.

I have a feeling the entities have mastered the secrets of light, quantum mechanics, and space-time. I think distance and time are illusions.

If you read Jerome Clark's excellent encyclopedias and books, almost all pre-1947 CT3's describe human occupants.

Back