• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Inside the Lightning Ball: Ask Dr. Irena Scott

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Philip Mantle of Flying Disk Press has announced the release of their latest book, "Inside the Lightning Ball: A Scientific Study of Lifelong UFO Experiencers" by Irena McCammon Scott, PhD

This book was written by a scientist who worked in crucial institutions involved in the UFO field–the Defense Intelligence Agency, Battelle Memorial Institute, and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base–and presents inside information. It is uniquely credible; it may be the world’s only book having portions accepted into the peer-reviewed scientific literature,

It delves deeply into scientific study of the reports of people, who experienced childhood sightings and additional events during their lifetimes. Included are findings suggesting that the phenomena may be interactive with human thoughts, discussion of abduction and contact, synchronicity, and speculation that such reports are simply the tip of the iceberg to more complex interactions. It contains unsolved mysteries, including seismographic analysis of a mysterious sound heard throughout a portion of the US during the 1973 international UFO wave, odd characteristics of UFO phenomena, its relation to poltergeist and psychic activity, strange beings, and new Roswell information.

We'll be recording this episode with cohost Michael Allen on Thursday, June 14 from 3 PM until 5 PM Pacific time.

Philip Mantle of Flying Disk Press has announced the release of their latest book, "Inside the Lightning Ball: A Scientific Study of Lifelong UFO Experiencers" by Irena McCammon Scott, PhD

This book was written by a scientist who worked in crucial institutions involved in the UFO field–the Defense Intelligence Agency, Battelle Memorial Institute, and Wright-Patterson Air Force Base–and presents inside information. It is uniquely credible; it may be the world’s only book having portions accepted into the peer-reviewed scientific literature,

I know this quote is from her book's description elsewhere so you did not write it but, it scans pretty odd to me: "It is uniquely credible; it may be the world’s only book having portions accepted into the peer-reviewed scientific literature," - really, no other book on any topic has had portions accepted into peer-reviewed scientific literature? I wouldn't have thought that to be the case. I imagined plenty of books incorporate text that originated as peer-reviewed scientific literature... is she saying it's the other way around here maybe? Or does she mean the only book on this topic that has this distinction? It's a minor point but I got hung up on it.

Not being snarky just asking a question. Don't know how else to phrase it but here goes:

I have been disappointed by UFO/paranormal books in the past because very often they are just collections of the same old stories and the debate over them rehashed to some degree. What is different about this book and why would I buy it? Sell me.

Back