• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Inflation — Tips To Save Money

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Driving 5 KPH ( or MPH ) under the posted limit everywhere I went in the last 9 days let me go 3 more days without having to buy gas.

It's hard to do ( I know — I got a ticket a couple of years back for doing over 160 KPH ). However if everyone would just drive a little under the limit, except on hills where you can take advantage of gravitational acceleration, it would literally drive gas prices down by reducing demand and sending a powerful message to the markets. Also strategically plan your trips to avoid unnecessary trips or distance.

Yes — people give me dirty looks as they roar by at 10 over the limit, but most of the time they end-up at the same red light I do. I roll up quietly beside them and they look all flustered and stressed-out. Sometimes the light turns green just as I get there and I pass them, leaving them sitting there. Then they just do it again. That's why corporations win. They are organized and disciplined, while Larry leadfoot can't stop himself from doing exactly what they want him to do.

I'm loving your approach to saving on gas – it's both innovative and environmentally conscious! Driving a tad below the speed limit not only stretches your mileage but also reduces carbon emissions, making it a win-win for your wallet and the planet. And those jealous looks from other drivers? Just a testament to your savvy strategy!

If you want to save, you drive behind a large truck - you drive very close. You drive in its wake.
It does work trust me, and it would save a lot. maybe 5%. Its physics.

Myself I don't do that, I'm more of performance guy.

I also have to say that the above is dangerous. I don't know if you could maybe have CB radio and tell the truck you are there? Physically, the total air resistance could be very bit little lower with you together - and I say this as a physicist.

I'm loving your approach to saving on gas – it's both innovative and environmentally conscious! Driving a tad below the speed limit not only stretches your mileage but also reduces carbon emissions, making it a win-win for your wallet and the planet. And those jealous looks from other drivers? Just a testament to your savvy strategy!
Speaking of mindful financial management, have you checked out cash giraffe legit? It's an excellent resource for finding legitimate ways to save and manage your finances. Keep cruising smart and leading the way to savings, Randall!

Back