• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Indiana Jones and the Wheelchair Chronicles

I think these cover my reactions to this.

reaction-cat.jpg

cdc23acccc759b6195c2e2131867888a.jpg

George Lucas isn't involved so this has a decent chance of being watchable.

For me, this needs to feel gritty and dangerous.

Think the moment in Raiders when Indy stole the truck carrying the Ark in the Egyptian desert and the German soldier swung open the door and shot Indy in the arm. Blood spattered across the windshield. There was a very raw, visceral sense that Indiana Jones could be killed.

Bottle this tone and pour it all over the impending, Lucas-free, meal.

George Lucas isn't involved so this has a decent chance of being watchable.

For me, this needs to feel gritty and dangerous.

Think the moment in Raiders when Indy stole the truck carrying the Ark in the Egyptian desert and the German soldier swung open the door and shot Indy in the arm. Blood spattered across the windshield. There was a very raw, visceral sense that Indiana Jones could be killed.

Bottle this tone and pour it all over the impending, Lucas-free, meal.

Please do not get my hopes up :)

Please do not get my hopes up :)

2019 will be 11 years after 2008's Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which was set in 1957.

So this will very likely be set around 1968/69.

What historical events from the time period might they work into the plot?

Vietnam, RFK & MLK assassinations and the (faked?) Moon landing immediately jump out at me.

I'd be willing to bet at least one of these will surely be referenced in the movie.

Indy in the jungles of Vietnam during the war would be interesting, as would a Manchurian candidate-style paranoic noir film featuring mind control sleepers (one of whom kills RFK).

Perhaps Indy will drop acid with Jimi Hendrix backstage at Woodstock and then, in an update of the Temple of Doom opening, have to fight his way through the massive crowds of muddy drug-tripping hippies to chase the Macguffin.

Of all the titles suggested by others so far, my favorites are:

Soothers of the Swollen Prostate

&

Indiana Jones and the Confusing Hat Factory.

Personally - and I'm not kidding, though it would never happen because tptb lack the creative balls - I'd call it:

Raiders of the Lost Ark

And make it about stealing the Ark from the area 51 hangar because the corrupt Illuminati-Masonic-Zionist-Nazi American Government is planning to load the Ark onboard Apollo 11 and place it on the Moon to control the world.

In other words, Indy realizes his efforts to secure the Ark in the original have made him a pivotal unwitting accomplice in an evil agenda decades/millennia in the planning, and he's determined to thwart it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back