• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Important Forum Style Changes!

It's the price of having a restricted environment in which to display information. I can look into adding a few things, though, and see if it's feasible. Remember, that Tapatalk put you into a totally different environment, retaining nothing of our forum's look in its presentation.

My message is in the default size.

Yes, it's size 4. And I now see by experimenting that the default font is Georgia, a good choice (likely the default font in the earlier software too). When I first got the very small font size in my composing screen today, I changed the size to '5' and it was too large (whereas it seemed 'just right' in the former software, if I recall correctly).

I returned to mostly default settings for fonts and design to make it easier to work in a mobile environment. Everything has compromises, of course.

I'm at my desktop and everything on the site is showing up in 5-pt. agate. Unreadable, and I can't change it through the type-size menu. What do you suggest as a remedy?

In other words, if this is how the compromise works for people not using mobile devices, I'll have to opt out.

Oh never mind, I just tried my browser's enlarger. The type is a readable size now, but lacks the crisp definition I'd prefer and that was there before you re-defaulted everything. Shall we send you the bills for our new reading glasses? Ho ho. But seriously, for whose benefit is this new software being tried?

We've just upgraded our forums to XenForo version 1.4.0, which has lots of improvements, some of which are listed here:

XenForo 1.4.0 Released | XenForo Community

One of the most important changes for you is "Selective quoting," which allows you to select the material you want to quote — it no longer has to be a full message. Best of all, you can also multi-quote, which means you can select separate passages of messages to comment on in a single reply. Give it a try after watching the video at the XF site.

I expect there will be early-release bugs, so let me know if things go wrong. Right now, we can no longer display recent polls in the sidebar anymore until there's a fix for that.

One of the most important changes for you is "Selective quoting," which allows you to select the material you want to quote — it no longer has to be a full message. Best of all, you can also multi-quote, which means you can select separate passages of messages to comment on in a single reply. Give it a try after watching the video at the XF site.

I like this!

A few months ago — hm, I'd say about September 9th — I started having issues writing and editing posts via Mobile Safari. For example, I have to long press on a word typically three times in a row before it will highlight. Previously, I didn't have that issue. There are other little quirks as well. It's managable, but I now suspect — having read this thread — that its related to the upgrade.

On the other hand, I also just noticed the selective quoting — an incredibly handy little function! Thanks for that.

Back