• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I'm not sure if this is normal.

bogie13p

Skilled Investigator
Okay, I am going to start by saying that I am a little embarrased talking about this and I am not sure why. Maybe it is because it isn't a topic that I know anything about. Ugh, I feels a bit silly but here goes.

When I was a baby or toddler (very young) my grandma broke her arm. She said the doctors set it wrong and from then on it gave her loads of pain. Okay now fast forward a few years. I am still young (around 7ish I think). Well when I was young, when I started getting sleepy, my hands would get um.. electric-ey. I don't know how to describe it. I have this tingle that pulses from where the center of my fingertip is. I guess a better description is to say it is where the center of a fingerprint would be. It doesnt hurt, I just kind of feel my pulse strong in all of my fingers there. Anyway, its never really in daytime, but late at night when I am sleepy or exhausted and I used to lay in bed with my grandma and she would have me touch her arm. She said she could feel a warmth or an electric kind of feeling. I don't know why, but it always kind of annoyed me. Maybe thats just me being a kid though. She started calling it power. Everynight it was the same thing and she would want me to lay down and hold her hurt arm. Sometimes she would say, "the power is good tonight" or she would say "I don't feel anything tonight".... weak, strong, inbetween,... whatever. She is in her 80s now and her arm doesn't give her any problems and she still claims that all of that is because of me.

Okay again fast forward to me as a teenager, pretty boring and now much happens. Now fast forward again to present day. Ever so often, I will be laying in bed by my husband and he will make me stop touching him. He says he feels an electric feeling. He does not like it though and thinks it hurts after a bit. I never realize when I am doing this and I can't make it stop or start. When he points it out to me and I pay attention, that is when I start to actually feel the pulse in my fingers. Pretty late last night, we were just sitting on the couch watching tv. I had my left hand resting on my husbands arm and all of a sudden, he was like "ouch, your all shock-ey again." Being the naturally curious person that I am, I made him feel my right hand. At that point, I had started to pay attention to my body and I could feel the pulse really strong in my left hand but not my right. I asked if he even felt it. He still did, but he said it wasn't as strong. For the rest of the night though, he didn't want my hands touching his skin. It was fine if I touched his leg where he jeans were or his back, since he was wearing a t-shirt, but he does not like when I get electricy.

It really doesn't happen often at all. When I was a kid, it was very frequent. I had actually not even thought about it in years until just recently when it started happening again on occasion. I guess on average, I would say it happens maybe twice every 3 months or so.

Does anyone else experience this. I wouldn't call it paranormal, I just think in some sort of scientific way, it is just how my body is and is really a natural sort of thing. At the same time though, I never really hear other people talking about this, so I dont think it is common. It isn't really like when you generate static and shock someone, but maybe there is some sort of relation if it is my bodys electricity I am somehow creating. I have tried to look on websites before, and I get partial explanations, but I am pretty down to earth and to be honest, a lot pages that talk about this type of stuff seem to be a bunch of goofy new age bs. Hope I am not offending anyone by that. I probably am though. I just remember once, this random lady came up to me and told me I had a special energy that she could tell I was harnessing from the universe (kook-ey). To be fair I think in her mind she was being serious, but then she went on in her very sweet nurturing voice to talk about crystals and energy and stuff I don't have an attention span for. You know.. one of those new age- crazy cat lady types. (Shit, now I have offended the cat people too). She went on and on and I was smiling and nodding and thinking "shut-up, shut-up, shut-up" I just kind of want a normal people grown-up explantion or theory of why might be going on. Any ideas, or anyone else who gets this, or knows more about it?

Okay, I am going to start by saying that I am a little embarrased talking about this and I am not sure why. Maybe it is because it isn't a topic that I know anything about. Ugh, I feels a bit silly but here goes.

When I was a baby or toddler (very young) my grandma broke her arm. She said the doctors set it wrong and from then on it gave her loads of pain. Okay now fast forward a few years. I am still young (around 7ish I think). Well when I was young, when I started getting sleepy, my hands would get um.. electric-ey. I don't know how to describe it. I have this tingle that pulses from where the center of my fingertip is. I guess a better description is to say it is where the center of a fingerprint would be. It doesnt hurt, I just kind of feel my pulse strong in all of my fingers there. Anyway, its never really in daytime, but late at night when I am sleepy or exhausted and I used to lay in bed with my grandma and she would have me touch her arm. She said she could feel a warmth or an electric kind of feeling. I don't know why, but it always kind of annoyed me. Maybe thats just me being a kid though. She started calling it power. Everynight it was the same thing and she would want me to lay down and hold her hurt arm. Sometimes she would say, "the power is good tonight" or she would say "I don't feel anything tonight".... weak, strong, inbetween,... whatever. She is in her 80s now and her arm doesn't give her any problems and she still claims that all of that is because of me.

Okay again fast forward to me as a teenager, pretty boring and now much happens. Now fast forward again to present day. Ever so often, I will be laying in bed by my husband and he will make me stop touching him. He says he feels an electric feeling. He does not like it though and thinks it hurts after a bit. I never realize when I am doing this and I can't make it stop or start. When he points it out to me and I pay attention, that is when I start to actually feel the pulse in my fingers. Pretty late last night, we were just sitting on the couch watching tv. I had my left hand resting on my husbands arm and all of a sudden, he was like "ouch, your all shock-ey again." Being the naturally curious person that I am, I made him feel my right hand. At that point, I had started to pay attention to my body and I could feel the pulse really strong in my left hand but not my right. I asked if he even felt it. He still did, but he said it wasn't as strong. For the rest of the night though, he didn't want my hands touching his skin. It was fine if I touched his leg where he jeans were or his back, since he was wearing a t-shirt, but he does not like when I get electricy.

It really doesn't happen often at all. When I was a kid, it was very frequent. I had actually not even thought about it in years until just recently when it started happening again on occasion. I guess on average, I would say it happens maybe twice every 3 months or so.

Does anyone else experience this. I wouldn't call it paranormal, I just think in some sort of scientific way, it is just how my body is and is really a natural sort of thing. At the same time though, I never really hear other people talking about this, so I dont think it is common. It isn't really like when you generate static and shock someone, but maybe there is some sort of relation if it is my bodys electricity I am somehow creating. I have tried to look on websites before, and I get partial explanations, but I am pretty down to earth and to be honest, a lot pages that talk about this type of stuff seem to be a bunch of goofy new age bs. Hope I am not offending anyone by that. I probably am though. I just remember once, this random lady came up to me and told me I had a special energy that she could tell I was harnessing from the universe (kook-ey). To be fair I think in her mind she was being serious, but then she went on in her very sweet nurturing voice to talk about crystals and energy and stuff I don't have an attention span for. You know.. one of those new age- crazy cat lady types. (Shit, now I have offended the cat people too). She went on and on and I was smiling and nodding and thinking "shut-up, shut-up, shut-up" I just kind of want a normal people grown-up explantion or theory of why might be going on. Any ideas, or anyone else who gets this, or knows more about it?
I'm not sure what it is, I get it too from time to time. I'm a very well grounded person who happens to be good at healing (alright Im a cat person but am not offended at what you were saying! Not all of us are airy fairy crazy people ;)). I've always wondered if this electric pulse is related to psychic abilities and I know how you feel, I'm sceptical about a lot of new age stuff these days but some of it is good. I guess the same can be said of the paranormal world.
Anyway all I can say is dont worry about the electric feel, it is harmless. Sometimes its good though to ground it by lying on the ground, palms down for a few minutes, also by running your hands under cold water.
Hope this helps just a little, I love hearing about your stories. :)

You know?... there's a lot here. I've only carefully read over what I've isolated above in your post here and by "carefully" I mean that because too often I rush through posts and I miss things because of that. Anyway, I can understand what you're talking about here and I've experienced it myself in regards to being touched or embraced or massaged by someone who turns out to have that "healing effect" which somehow lessens a chronic ache or pain or just makes things feel better even though before-hand, there was no awareness on my part that that part of my body was "pent-up" in some way. Lol, very hard to explain. You and dianadee are indicating that both of you possess this ability! Just saying that I've experienced those who are like you and for the life of me, I've always found it mind boggling that they have this healing touch like that and those who receive it either experience heat or vibrations --- or an energy surge which can feel electrical sometimes too... other times it's just an 'energy' thing that's hard to describe in words....

dianadee's "grounding technique" is a good one -- it reminds me of another way to do this, and there are several of them, and that is to stand barefooted on the ground once a day and stamp ones feet a few times to "stamp off" whatever negativity that's in your system. Then move to another space, preferably by a tree, and just stand there imagining that the energy from the earth is surging up from your feet to the rest of your body and cleansing out your chakra's. While doing this, bring your arms up over your head where the palms of your hands touch while your fingers are pointed upwards.

I have heard of folks who cannot wear battery-powered watches, they all stop working within a few minutes of being worn. put them on someone else and they work. do you have a problem with watches?

I never have problems with watches or any electrical stuff really... except sometimes the occasional user error with anything that is too tech-ey.

Not sure if this is relevant, but people who report organized stalking and electronic harassment also report "electric shocks" and other odd sensations:

http://www.stopos.info/os.pdf

sciurus

Back