• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I'm losing hope in humanity (corona etc.)

Peacekeeper

Skilled Investigator
I've seen a lot in this world. I moved to a better place, but I was still trying to do more for this world than anybody else. There was a time where I thought that I may judge the people too much. I thought maybe I'm too exact. So I decided to look at the world more positive. It took me many years to reach that point.

But now I've got actual proof that I was right, the people don't give a flying f. about this world!

Have you tried to do something good for the world? Not just working for yourself? Tell me about it!

We're pretty much all in a pretty bad place right now. I'm watching the show... like wow... how will episode 11 of season 4 end?
Bitch McConnell and Grump in season 5 guarantees the second coming of Jesus LOL

We're pretty much all in a pretty bad place right now. I'm watching the show... like wow... how will episode 11 of season 4 end?
Bitch McConnell and Grump in season 5 guarantees the second coming of Jesus LOL
I don't know that show. Jesus is comming back since over 2000 years ago! Each year people say the same thing. Jesus is comming, Mose is comming, Noah is comming, rapture is comming (left behind :D), Lucifer is comming, Satan is comming, Devil is comming, Apocalypse is comming, Armageddon is comming, aliens are comming, an asteroid is comming to crush this planet.

I meant corona is the proof for the lack of care. I just reached that point where I could say I perhaps live in a world that is changing in a good way. And now I'm, I don't know..

I hope Poseidon will come back!

The only thing anyone has at least some control over is ourselves. Start with yourself, my friend ...acceptance is good to start with and humility (seeing reality as it really is by subduing our own prejudices, emotions, conditioning and desires) opens the door to so much more. Live in the Here and Now but remember the past lessons and plan based on wisdom, not information.

The only thing anyone has at least some control over is ourselves. Start with yourself, my friend ...acceptance is good to start with and humility (seeing reality as it really is by subduing our own prejudices, emotions, conditioning and desires) opens the door to so much more. Live in the Here and Now but remember the past lessons and plan based on wisdom, not information.
It's what I said. I tried. Now corona comes and tells me, no the world is far from fine. I'm still trying to figure out how I actually feel about that fact.

I though being/becoming the best will make things better. Perhaps for your own peace, I don't fear anything bad could possibility happen to my afterlife. And if I compare myself to everyone else in this world, I've got an actual afterlife for a fact.

ARE YOU GOD? IS THE WORLD YOUR RESPONSIBILITY? HELL NO......FOCUS ONLY ON YOUR REALITY IN THE HERE AND NOW. YOU ARE EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE MEANT TO BE WITH ABILITIES YOU ARE MEANT TO HAVE...YOUR JOB TO REALIZE THOSE ABILITIES NOT BY COMPARING REALITY TO WHAT SOME PART OF YOUR MIND THINKS IT SHOULD BE BUT BY ACCEPTING IT AS IT IS. GIVE TIME TIME. REALITY WILL LOOK DIFFERENT IN FUTURE ...NOTHING IS PERMANENT BUT CHANGE. WOW ALL THE TIMES I HAVE DESPAIRED BUT HUNG IN THERE...AS MY OLD IRISH GRANDMOTHER USED TO SAY: "WITH LIFE THERE IS HOPE" EVEN LIFE IMPRISONMENT.

ARE YOU GOD? IS THE WORLD YOUR RESPONSIBILITY? HELL NO......FOCUS ONLY ON YOUR REALITY IN THE HERE AND NOW. YOU ARE EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE MEANT TO BE WITH ABILITIES YOU ARE MEANT TO HAVE...YOUR JOB TO REALIZE THOSE ABILITIES NOT BY COMPARING REALITY TO WHAT SOME PART OF YOUR MIND THINKS IT SHOULD BE BUT BY ACCEPTING IT AS IT IS. GIVE TIME TIME. REALITY WILL LOOK DIFFERENT IN FUTURE ...NOTHING IS PERMANENT BUT CHANGE. WOW ALL THE TIMES I HAVE DESPAIRED BUT HUNG IN THERE...AS MY OLD IRISH GRANDMOTHER USED TO SAY: "WITH LIFE THERE IS HOPE" EVEN LIFE IMPRISONMENT.
Here's my dream world of true peace:
A world where girls rule the world.

You realize that all-caps = yelling? What would your old Irish grandmother say about that? BTW there's something about her being old and Irish that gives that phrase character. I'm not sure it would have the same effect if she had been young and Swedish ;)

I've seen a lot in this world. I moved to a better place, but I was still trying to do more for this world than anybody else. There was a time where I thought that I may judge the people too much. I thought maybe I'm too exact. So I decided to look at the world more positive. It took me many years to reach that point.

But now I've got actual proof that I was right, the people don't give a flying f. about this world!

Have you tried to do something good for the world? Not just working for yourself? Tell me about it!

I have a ten percent rule. I believe that ten percent of people are good, kind, caring, helpful, moral, etc. The rest only care about themselves or are too messed up (addicts come to mind) to care about others. I just try to enjoy the ten percent and stay away from the others. I might try to help an addict or someone with severe mental illness who doesn't know which end is up but mean, nasty people don't deserve my time or attention.

Back