• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Im absolutely convinced: Something strange going on in the Aus Outback

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
I seem to be going a bit crazy with posting new threads lately. I apologise for that -- this will be the last one, I promise.

The Aus Outback has been a source of UFO stories for a long time. Theres nothing new about the concept of UFOs in the outback. But they probably dont get anywhere near as much exposure as they should due to the remoteness of outback for one... and on top of that Australia itself is relatively remote compared to the rest of the world.

There is the Internet of course, but the net is not some magic device that instantly delivers info to interested people. Its easy to miss extremely interesting and credible stuff on the Internet.

This morning I happened to catch the 9am morning show here on Channel 10, and their first segment was an interview with a guy named Alan Ferguson, who is a resident of a town called Acacia Hills near Darwin. Like every other f***ing news source in the western world, Channel 10 are doing stuff like this now because of the recent UK release, and because they forget that about this time last year they went through the whole process again - usually showing the same footage, interviewing the same people, and making the same stupid friggen remarks.

Anyway, I digress. So my first instinct was to turn it off as stories like this on main stream networks always frustrate me and literally put me in a bad mood. However I decided to watch it, and fortunately too, because if this guy isnt seeing some extremely weird shit, REGULARLY, out there in the desert, then Im not sitting here typing this right now.

He is without a doubt seeing UFOs. He describes seeing objects of all different shapes - triangles, discs and others. He extremely excitedly describes how they "wobble" as they hover. (hmm where have we heard that before?). He also describes how they zip off so fast its just a blur.

He has even noticed that they seem to appear more often when the nearby US top secret research base 'Pine Gap' are doing exercises.

Dude has been motivated to create a website and even does a weekly radio show on UFOs. I plan to check that out next week.

His site is UFO TERRITORY

Ill just put this out there... he does seem to have a bit of an agenda trying to sell the outback as a "UFO hotspot" in an effort to generate tourism for the area. Thats pretty much his only mark in the 'Uh-oh' column. However I genuinely believe that the whole tourism thing is the egg to his UFO sightings chicken. I get the sense that rather than trying to cash in a rumours of UFOs, he genuinely wants to communicate to the world that there is some really interesting bizarre stuff going on out there.

I think he would make an AWESOME guest on the Paracast. His Aussie outback persona and accent would provide comedic relief, and I think his information if valuable enough that people should hear it.

I just think that there is every chance that the desert in the Aus outback, and specifically the area around Pine Gap could be just as interesting a place as the whole Nevada/Area 51 area. Maybe even more so due to the extreme remoteness and that basically no one pays any attention to the base out there. In stark contrast to the situation with Area 51.

I just think that there is every chance that the desert in the Aus outback, and specifically the area around Pine Gap could be just as interesting a place as the whole Nevada/Area 51 area. Maybe even more so due to the extreme remoteness and that basically no one pays any attention to the base out there. In stark contrast to the situation with Area 51.
It has crossed my mind that Area 51 is just a "red-herring" and that the Australian desert would be a much better place to do the hush-hush stuff.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

:confused: I watched the first two videos on that UFO terittory website and apart from whispy clouds I didn't see anything. Am I missing something?

It has crossed my mind that Area 51 is just a "red-herring" and that the Australian desert would be a much better place to do the hush-hush stuff.

Every place laymen hear about, including Pine Gap, could be just a diversion.<!--Session data-->

:confused: I watched the first two videos on that UFO terittory website and apart from whispy clouds I didn't see anything. Am I missing something?

He mentions on the site the time stamps. I had to go frame by frame to see what he was talking about. Pretty useless videos.

His photos on the site arent all that interesting either.

Hearing him talk though, youd swear he was seeing these things on a regular basis.

Hi Gareth,
I get a news clipping daily from Google (as I'm sure many here do) with the subjects of UFO and the like. It does seem like there has been some kind of uptick in reports coming out of the Outback over the last year. Now the question is, as Gene pointed out to me one afternoon, is this a function of more activity or more focused reporting from national news sources down to the local rags. It's a tough call, but certainly worthy of inquiry.
Doesn't the US have a base at Alice Springs? My geography fails me, but I wonder what's going on over there.

Yeah Gareth there has been plenty of UFO activity in the Australian outback. There was one today in Cairns, which for people who don't know is the top right hand corner of Oz.

UFO spotted in Cairns- Local Cairns News | cairns.com.au

Pine Gap is an interesting place, the majority of employees are from the CIA and the NSA and know one really knows what goes down there. Here in Australia it really doesn't get a lot of attention, people seem to just accept it's there.

Here in Australia it really doesn't get a lot of attention, people seem to just accept it's there.
Pine Gap is the main facility in control of Southern Hemisphere ICBM launches and monitors activities in the Middle East, Russia and Korea etc. It monitors tracking satellites and probably represents a massive part of the Echelon system. The Echelon System raises a flag every time certain keywords are used in electronic communications (phone, email, internet etc). Just in this post alone there's at least four keywords. Right now some tired analyst will be sifting data and thinking, "I wish those fucking UFO bastards would leave us the hell alone!" The Paracast site gets sweeped and my IP probably gets logged and compared to a database. It's probably sifting googols of data a second worldwide. I recall Frank Warren talking about how many .mil and .gov IP ranges visit his site. A good few of those will be due to keyword flags from Echelon.

In England we have the North European equivalent...RAFB Menwith Hill...
131920641_259809890b.jpg

This is 'technically' classed as US territory. It's part of Echelon and listens to everything coming in and out of Europe. It's in a beautiful area, west of Harrogate, Yorkshire. The local roads are fantastic for a bit of racing, long and straight and some great bends. You can hit 110-120mph in a good car. Anyway, I digress! Menwith is just accepted by everyone around there too. It's quite a site to drive past, attractive in a sci-fi way.

Ditto to the thread title. It'd be good to hear from some more aussies. I recently read an article in a UFO mag about a case that happened in QLD in late 1980's if im not mistaken about a guy seeing a ship take off outta his paddock at high speed and it left a mark in the ground, also has numerous witnesses and lots of info. I'll have a squizz for it when i have the time, its an interesting case.

Also have recently heard of a story about a trucker in VIC seeing some kind of craft and it literally scared him that bad he swears never to drive on highways at night time ever again.

Gareth, thanks for giving us a heads up on possible activity in Australia. If Gene and David are considering a program on accounts from down under, they may want to get in touch with Bill Chalker:

http://www.theozfiles.com/

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEWN4SrGaR8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

I'm sure he's not the only seemingly credible researcher down there, but he's the only one I know of and, after reading one of his books and viewing his site, he seems up on his game and I would imagine he is worth getting in touch with for updates about any current activity.

I recently watched a flick called 'Picnic At Hanging Rock' that alludes to something weird going on in the Outback, but leaves it a mystery as to what is actually going on. It's well worth a watch.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I recently watched a flick called 'Picnic At Hanging Rock' that alludes to something weird going on in the Outback, but leaves it a mystery as to what is actually going on. It's well worth a watch.

Loved that movie. As eerie and as spooky as it gets, yet nothing supernatural is actually shown. Its avoidance of special effects (most of the times obsoleted in a matter of months) makes it pretty much timeless!

"Hanging Rock" is in my state of Aust. For anyone that doesnt know there was a story of a group of aboriginals girls in the 1800's i believe, that basically disappeared off the face of the planet at this location. Nowdays its all tourist attraction there.

Back