• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I'll take Funny Coincidences for $1600, Alex

0uterj0in

Reality Support Tech
Not paranormal, just highly improbable in my view:

Last Thursday I was reading Douglas Adams' "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" while traveling thru Michigan to visit my mother-in-law. When we arrived, she had Jeopardy in TV while we unloaded. We sat in kitchen talking when out of the corner of my eye I saw a clue on the screen: "Mildly, or Douglas Adams' character Dirk" (The category was "Adverbs"). I never watch Jeopardy, and I haven't read Adams since junior high. Funny thing is, one of the themes of the book (published in 1987) is the interconnectness of all events in the universe.

Any other weird coincidences out there?

I get stuck in synchro-vortexes where words that are being used in conversation are soon after echoed by the television, radio, or another nearby conversation. It happens with a frequency and a coincidence of, very often, novel words and phrases that seems to defy the laws of chance.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

That exact thing has been happening a lot lately, to the point where it is truly strange. It has me wondering if something is trying to 'break through.' Dunno, but it's weird.

Oh man - This seems to define my life lately. I have no idea what it means, but it has been over the top.

I took a lot of grief on this (and other) forums when I spoke on THE PARACST about my experiences. Yes, my overt paranormal experiences are minimal, but my synchronicities are simply over the top. Far too strange to be just random coincidence.

I struggle over the reality of my UFO experiences (which are few) but the synchronicities seem to be pointing to the UFO experience, in ways that I simply can not ignore.

I'm baffled.

Well you see, I don't take synchronicities very far. The thing that happens to me is that, for example, my wife will be talking to our daughter on the phone and I'll hear her say, "Oh, he can't see the forest for the trees, huh?" probably about my son-in-law. Then I'll read the next sentence in my book and it says, "He couldn't see the forest for the trees." Wow! That's weird! I wonder if that means anything.

But I don't then conclude that this has anything at all to do with UFOs, or even that it is paranormal, and I don't therefore conclude that it must be related to abductions. It's not that big a deal and I don't think it rates very high. I don't mind at all if someone else concludes,

"So?"

Since you brought up the reaction to your appearance I think some people concluded you were making a mountain out of a molehill and that perhaps you were an abductee wannabe who wanted to be told that's what had happened. Recall that I was very supportive of you during that time and even took some heat defending you, but I came to understand the issue in those terms.

Sometimes it's all in the presentation. I hope my comments are useful to you in coming to a better understanding.

I struggle over the reality of my UFO experiences (which are few) but the synchronicities seem to be pointing to the UFO experience, in ways that I simply can not ignore.

I'm baffled.
I have had a UFO sighting that was oddly synchronistic. My brother, a friend and I were camping beside a lake and I, jokingly, said something along the lines of "Let's go sit on the fishing pier and look for UFO's." Within minutes we had an absolutely incredible sighting. I'm convinced there is some connection, but damned if I can put a finger on it.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

My synchronicities are a little beyond the "normal" run-of-the-mill coincidences, at least I think so. And they seem to be pointing to the reality of my experiences.

I've had a two people that were part of a missing time event in 1974 show up in my life in extremely strange way. Both of them contacted me. The timing was utterly fascinating. It left me perplexed.

Like you guys I have noticed a lot of synchronicities lately.
I spent a lot of time pondering why this might be happening and thought up some pretty strange explanations. Nothing very helpful but I enjoy the freedom to wonder and to see where my imagination takes me.
I'm a lot less jarred by such happenings now and feel sure it's perfectly normal though not fully understood.

Mark

Okay - I just posted that thing above about my feelings about synchronicities, and I sat here at my desk, all insecure and defensive. How to articulate the stuff that has happened to me in the last 3 years without sounding like a obnoxious zealot or an airy-fairy weirdo. (alas, I am sort of both)

Then, my email "beeps" and I get a note from a pal who I have only met once. She claims to have ongoing UFO contact (and I believe her). Here's one curious thing we have in common. We BOTH had the experience of a sort of premonition (the right worrd?) that preceeded a series of crop circles here in the US.

Here's my story, I was at my desk and I simply had a thought that it would be nice to see a crop circle. The thought was something that just popped into my head. I come to find out that one appeared that night about 30 miles from my house (close by idaho standards) and that was where I met her, two days later. She was doing crop circle research.

She has a very similar story where she meditated and asked for a crop circle, and she later found out that appeared near her home that night! She didn't find out about it until she saw it in the news paper at her mother's house. Later, she looked at a map and her house (where she meditated), her Mom's house, and the crop circle made a perfect straight line if you set a ruler on the map. The circle was in the middle. And this line spanned over 100 miles.

Then she goes on to list a slew of things that she and I have in common. (I'm leaving that out, cuz some are personal)

But, here's how she concluded her note (some editing by me to eliminate personal stuff)

We each expressed a desire for a crop circle to check out and we both got our wishes answered right away... Just one in a continuum of synchronicities, a few of them down to shared details; some of them whisper, some of them shout.

Big synchronicities fill our lives... These synchronicities inform our reality on a daily basis. We learn as we remember and interpret past synchronicities, and we're grateful when a new one happens. And they never become mundane. They always, always thrill.

... It's real, Mike - it's real.

Okay - she sent this to me right as I was stewing about synchronicities. I was sort of wallowing in a place of negative wishy-washiness. And then I get her emphatic email.

Again - this proves absolutely nothing. But, I makes me wonder - and it makes me feel good!

I hadn't heard MR. Roboto for years, and when I was cooking dinner the other day it came on the radio, not half an hour later, it was featured in an episode of My name is Earl, the next day, it was playing after a whistle was blown in a hockey game, and this morning when I walked into work it was playing on my secretaries radio.

Last night I listened to Dave's 'Angry Human' program and he mentioned Mac Tonnie's tragic end. He mentioned that Mac was working as a barrista, and that that was like "Einstein working at Wal-Mart."
After I listened to that show, I clicked on the tube and Stephen Colbert was interviewing a physicist and discussing Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
I went to bed and had a dream that had Einstein in it...we were eating tacos.
I wake up this morning and play an episode of 'Robot Chicken' that I recorded, and the first skit is a pair of rappers, "E", and "M.C.2" rapping about freakin' Relativity!
I get stuff like this constantly. I start to feel like a character in a Vonnegut story at times...like Dwayne Hoover from 'Breakfast of Champions.' Holy Cow! My middle name is Hoover.
Am I the only individual with free-will in the Universe and everyone else is a robot?
There it is, folks...I just officially jumped off the deep-end.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Am I the only individual with free-will in the Universe and everyone else is a robot? There it is, folks...I just officially jumped off the deep-end.

No, but I have the distinct feeling that there is an "I" and there are others, and that the center of the known universe is right here with me. Although it sounds egotistical, I don't mean it in that sense. I don't think "I" am 'better' or more important than anyone else. It's just a fact that consciousness is HERE, not 'there.' I've never been able to explain this properly and I've never found anyone else who can really relate to what I'm saying. They just smile, say "Hmm, that's interesting." and turn the talk to sports.

No, but I have the distinct feeling that there is an "I" and there are others, and that the center of the known universe is right here with me. Although it sounds egotistical, I don't mean it in that sense. I don't think "I" am 'better' or more important than anyone else. It's just a fact that consciousness is HERE, not 'there.' I've never been able to explain this properly and I've never found anyone else who can really elate to what I'm saying. They just smile, say "Hmm, that's interesting." and turn the talk to sports.
Is God a schizophrenic that thinks it is everything else?

Is God a schizophrenic that thinks it is everything else?

did you ever hear the one about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac?

He stayed up all day and night wondering whether or not there is a dog.

I had an interesting thing happen on Tuesday this week. I received a call at my office and as I was greeting this person I glanced up at the clock. 11:30am. The lady was inquiring about our services. I began to tell her and then there was silence for about 5 seconds. I began to think she disconnected but I could tell she had not. About 5 more seconds go by and I'm thinking "why isn't she replying?". Then what seemed about another 10-15 seconds went by and I'm thinking "Oh no! Did she say something and is waiting for my response and I didn't hear her?" Then I recall "thinking in slow motion"..my thoughts were what I always try to describe as the Bugs Bunny episode with some tonic where they are in s l o w m o t i o n..."come back heeeere you raaaabbbbbiiiit". Then she says "does....well never mind" and hung up. I just sort of laughed and hung up the phone. I reach for my drink and it has been 2 hours! It is now 1:30pm.

I have to do banking and post office business daily and am on a good schedule for that for 13 years, so it is quite rare for it to get that late without me noticing. I grab up my stuff and run out the door trying to make sense of it all. I hear my "inner intuitive voice" say to call my friend. I call her immediately and ask how she is and how's the family. Then, I say that I have something a bit weird to tell her and she immediately blurts out "OH MY GOD! Did you just experience some kind of missing time about 30 minutes ago?" and I say well I'm not sure, why? She goes on to tell me she had a weird episode of missing time for 20 minutes. She was on her way to a doctor's office and stopped at Wendys to grab something to eat. She was standing at the counter picking up her tray to go be seated and checked her watch to see how much time she had to eat. She had 10 min to eat and 10 to get to the office. She walked away with her tray and sat down. She didn't have a straw and walked to the front to get a straw and sat back down. She saw her watch an it was 20 minutes later than about 2 minutes ago. She said, "I swear..I walked to my seat, got up, went to get a straw, sat back down and it is 20 min. later"

Something bizarre happened but what I don't know. I only know I had my experience and my intuition said to call her and she relayed that to me before I could even tell her. I don't suppose anyone else had a weird Tuesday? :confused:

Hello DreamPsi,

Okay - Lemme get this straight. You had TWO HOURS of missing time while on a phone call?

Questions:

1. This happened on tuesday of this week?

2. Have you contacted the woman you were on the phone with, the one who said: "does....well never mind" and hung up.

3. You were at work (at your office) right? Have you asked any of your co-workers? I mean, would thy notice if you were on the phone "frozen" for 2 hours?

4. What's you relationship with the woma who was at Wndy's and lost 20 minutes? Is she just a friend, or do you have some deeper bond?

5. And - I gotta ask (because you ARE on a paranormal forum) do you have any other curious life experiences?

Please reply - I'm curious!

My significant synchronicity event happened about 20 years ago. I was working in a restaurant to fund my college habit and I ran accross a wheat penny late at night. I bought it out of my drawer and the night manager and I talked about. He and I both mentioned how we thought they were cool and it was too bad they were no longer minted. He died the next day in a car accident and that evening when I was working 30 or so wheat pennies showed up in my drawer (it was a weekend night so there would have been a lot of cash in and out of the register). I bought them out of my drawer and gave them away at the funeral 3 days later.

Back