• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I Hear Voices

That's interesting.

Then of course they say those three little words:

"auditory vocal hallucinations" = swamp gas/weather balloons.

I'm always amazed that you can have so many people experience the same thing, and the so-called "experts" try to figure out everything it isn't!

Yes, you can hallucinate voices that tell stuff you didn't know! :p

The reasoning is usually that since such things don't exist/can't happen, it must be something else.

:frown:

Just a random idea. I woulder if any of this has any relationship to the EVP phenomena?
Just a thought.

I don't think so, because you hear these voices in your head. They asked the kids if it was a voice no one else could hear. I had this happen with two other people in the room with me, and they surely did not hear a voice. And I wasn't hallucinating, since it told me to do something that I couldn't have thought of myself.

I remember being around 3 or so and playing with my Fisher-Price telephone. I was in a bad mood because we had left my Grandma's house and I didn't want to. So I was pretending to call Grandma. I distinctly remember hearing a voice in the receiver of the toy phone say "Hello." Since there was no one in my bedroom with me, I went out and checked to see if we had unexpected guests. We didn't. I never really thought much of it, but it is interesting that the story does indicate that this may be the quirk of a developing brain.

Ok, I know I may sound a bit crazy, but there are times at night (infrequently to be sure, maybe three or four times a year) when I am lying in bed and I distinctly hear my name whispered loudly directly in my ear. Now, sometimes I am asleep and it wakes me up and freaks me out, other times I am just lying there and it just totally startles the hell out of me. I have still not determined whether I am actually hearing something external, or whether it is all in my head. In any event, it is very clear, quite loud, and very unsettling whenever it does happen.

Do any of you experience this?

Is this normal?

I've heard my name called. I asked my son who's 18 if anything odd ever happens to him, and he has also heard his name called when he was in the house alone.

I've heard my name called. I asked my son who's 18 if anything odd ever happens to him, and he has also heard his name called when he was in the house alone.

Now I have had that happen myself. Its a little freaky when you are the only one left in a studio and that happens.

This is interesting... Coincidentally, the other day while at my sisters, I was in one room while she was in another, it was a momentary thing where I could distinctly hear her voice carry on as if talking to someone on the phone. It was at that instant, she yelled to me to ask me who I was talking to. At which I tell her no one and that I thought she was the one talking... The only difference between what she heard and what I heard, was a man's reply... which I didn't hear. The only other two people in the house was my aunt who was in the same room as me and not talking to anyone and my mom who is nonverbal due to Alzheimer's disease. Of course, it could have been someone walking outside past the house... but it was so like sister's voice.

I've experienced electronic sounding voices that seemed to be inside my head a while back that seemed to coincide with a whole array of other weird stuff...black helicopters, poultergeese, evidence that someone was entering my home in my absence, etc. That kind of stuff can seriously make one question their sanity.

I've experienced electronic sounding voices that seemed to be inside my head a while back that seemed to coincide with a whole array of other weird stuff...black helicopters, poultergeese, evidence that someone was entering my home in my absence, etc. That kind of stuff can seriously make one question their sanity.

Wow, poultergeese? We have a lot of Canada Geese flying overhead amidst the black helos. They are noisy suckers, I gotta tell ya, that can wake you right up.

I've experienced electronic sounding voices that seemed to be inside my head

The voices I've heard sound very normal, not electronic at all. Two times it was a male voice. It was very pure sounding, no accent or inflection, but not monotone. Very smooth. One time was a woman's voice. In that situation I was running to catch a subway train in NYC, and was kind of confused why I heard a voice in my right ear, since there was no one near me. For a long time I thought it was an actual person, until I put it in perspective with the other incidents.

The voices I've heard sound very normal, not electronic at all. .
The electronic voices were unique in that the source seemed to be directly against, or even inside my skull. There were never any intelligible messages. One sounded like a Speak-n-Spell saying "So...use...one...two." Another time it sounded like "three, slip, daddy," in a very high voice that sounded similar to, and I know this is kinda silly, the voice effect in this 'Butthole Surfers' tune.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iI9D4q8pLuw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iI9D4q8pLuw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Wow, poultergeese? We have a lot of Canada Geese flying overhead amidst the black helos. They are noisy suckers, I gotta tell ya, that can wake you right up.
It may be far, far worse than we had imagined.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9VQxYMHX-YE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9VQxYMHX-YE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The electronic voices were unique in that the source seemed to be directly against, or even inside my skull. There were never any intelligible messages.

What I heard was as if someone where talking to me, but I wasn't hearing it in my ears. But it appeared the same as if I was hearing it. It was more direct sounding though, due to the lack of audio reflections and stuff... more like you have headphones on.

Both male voice incidents also included mind control elements. The second one was the doozy with images and info uploaded into my head. Now that's the kind of thing where you question your sanity, until you read about it happening to other people. Apparently quite a number of them. I never considered any of this to have to do with "aliens" until the last one, and after getting back into reading up on the topic, I found this podcast, etc., and see how wide spread it is! I've never seen any entities though, except when I was about 4. But I still don't know who's doing it. Aliens? What is their nature and motivation?

The mind reels thinking about what's behind all what I assume is suppressed memories!

I've had a lot of weird shit happen my entire life, but you have some REALLY weird shit happen.

Speaking of unintelligible voices, I used to hear what sounded like a room full of people talking when I was a kid and would try and go to sleep. That continued up until my teens. Recently a buddy of mind said he still experiences that. He was with me when the voice voice incident happened, but seems to be avoiding talking about it. he didn't remember it, but remembered where we were (in a rehearsal studio) that we went to for the first time. So he's clearly uncomfortable talking about this stuff. And the only thing that he experienced on his end that night was me playing some really freaky stuff on guitar that I was being shown and told to play. But both John and Diane were quite effected by what happened that night, even though they were on the outside!

Anyway, I could never make out what was being said. But this was always more like thoughts than sounds. Just not my thoughts. I figured I was picking up on other people's thoughts in some kind of random haze of thoughts. I guess that would be either Rupert Sheldrake's "Morphic field" or Carl Jung's "Collective unconscious" or the "Akashic records", or that type of thing. This could very well be something we tap into when sleeping and dreaming.

In both cases the voice I heard was telling me something I couldn't have known. The last time had a flow of every thing known in the Universe into my head. That was something I wouldn't have been even able to imagine. That was also what made me look at the experience in a different light than the last one and question who I was dealing with. It had a manipulative element about it that I found disturbing... even more so than the mind control eliminate. Why use both? I guess we have free will so we need to be convinced to do something long term. Then we adopt that it was our idea. Then you get people together, and now you are a cult leader! :eek: But that's what I was asked to do. And I declined.

So... what the heck is going on here? Obviously it's been going on for a long, long time.

Now I have had that happen myself. Its a little freaky when you are the only one left in a studio and that happens.

I have definitely heard someone (sounded like my husband) distinctly call my name while lying in bed wide awake when no one was there. I opened my eyes, but as I said, I was alone. Certainly a curious phenomenon.

Might jive with the speculations Julian Jaynes, who proposed that consciousness is actually a very recent adaptation, and that pre-historic man heard "voices" from the other half of brain instead of self-consciousness.

I periodically hear my name called. The strange thing is that the voice is usually genderless. I can almost never tell if it is female or male. Only on a rare occasion will I hear my name called or whispered and I can discern the gender.

Does anyone else who hears their name called once in a while who cannot normally tell the gender or the voice? I'm not talking about electronic sounding, tho I have heard those too, but a regular voice that lacks clear gender.

Back