• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I have the pox.

Free episodes:

T

Tommy Allison

Hey all. I've got the chicken pox.

Hard to fricking believe. I had a very mild case when I was a little kid, and then two days ago, I broke out in what I thought were hives, but the crap just kept going.

Went to the doc, and they gave me the news. I have the chicken pox.

What bothers me the most about this, is that I haven't come in contact with anyone in the last two weeks, other than my wife.

Not sure what to make of this.

Apparently, they are as dumfounded as I am. They're also looking into a possible gluten allergy.

Hey all. I've got the chicken pox.

Hard to fricking believe. I had a very mild case when I was a little kid, and then two days ago, I broke out in what I thought were hives, but the crap just kept going.

Went to the doc, and they gave me the news. I have the chicken pox.

What bothers me the most about this, is that I haven't come in contact with anyone in the last two weeks, other than my wife.

Not sure what to make of this.

M-O-O-N that spells pox. Maybe its Capt Tripps

I hope it passes soon. I never had chicken pox as a child, but got it as an adult, German measles too. Chicken pox is not fun. If the itching becomes unbearable, try calamine lotion or ask your doctor for a mild hydrocortisone cream or lotion. Anti-histamine pills can also help ease the itchiness. Try to avoid getting too hot, and take tepid baths and showers - heat can make the itching worse. Also, try your damnedest to resist the urge to scratch - you could end up with iinfections or scarring, if you do.

Here are a couple of links that might help:

http://www.medicinenet.com/chickenpox_varicella/page2.htm
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/chickenpox.htm

I'm sorry to hear you're all poxy! That's no fun at all. I had them when I was little, but I remember them!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Jesus... isn't the pox dangerous in adults? Or are you semi-immune due to having had a mild bout before?

Ouch. If I had the chicken pox, I would skip all of the medicines and charms of the local witchdoctor and resist the urge to itch by getting very, very drunk. It isn't a mature, or even particularly smart, reaction. However, chicken pox is used to immature reactions. Besides, when people talk about chicken pox it would be fun to say "I got chicken pox once and just did vodka shots until I didn't want to itch anymore."

Ouch. If I had the chicken pox, I would skip all of the medicines and charms of the local witchdoctor and resist the urge to itch by getting very, very drunk. It isn't a mature, or even particularly smart, reaction. However, chicken pox is used to immature reactions. Besides, when people talk about chicken pox it would be fun to say "I got chicken pox once and just did vodka shots until I didn't want to itch anymore."

Getting drunk cures many things. I've numbed many colds, if not killed them via hard booze. Alcohol is in nyquil for a reason I guess.

Thankfully I rarely get sick.

It's worse than I first thought.

It's not the Chicken Pox.

It's a fucking Gluten Allergy.

So, anything worth eating, I must now deny myself.

I might as well throw myself under a bus.

Been choking down Benadryl, and rubbing Sarna on my skin, and not improving until I stopped eating. I fasted for a day, and nearly all my symptoms went away, except for the red marks, which looked radically improved. Had ONE single cookie, and within 20 minutes, had a new batch of raised welts.

I went to the Allergenist, they seem to think there's nothing wrong with me, my regular doctor finally got my tested for Chicken Pox, and I don't have that. They did that one test with the uv light thingy.

I paid good money to watch my allergenist surf the fricking net for skin disorders. I could have done that MYSELF!

So the new consensus is, that it's a Gluten Allergy, as I seem to react to anything that has wheat in it.

Back