1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

I had a Time Traveling Experience (Time Slip Phenomenon)

Discussion in 'Your Personal Experiences Forum' started by TimeExplorer, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Jena

Jena Paranormal Novice

Hello! I know this is quite a few years ago that you posted this but a few things you mentioned throughout the thread have caught my attention. Recently I had a strange experience where I was traveling time forwards and backwards while camping. The experience lasted two days in which I was awake but then would fall into a deep meditation and vibrate then open my eyes and something new was happening. Two days. Super confused. But what is interesting is that I was camping in the middle of nowhere but heard a low buzzing type frequency almost like a generator or something. And my friend who was present said that I kept saying 'time' during this strange experience. I was not aware of any of my friends who were present for the two days I was 'absent'. Frequency played a big part of my travel. Just wanted to let you know that I also heard the buzzing.

Mr. Fibuli likes this.
  2. Usual Suspect

Usual Suspect USI Calgary

Home Page:
    I'm not really clear on the sequence of events you're describing. Like what events were going forwards and what events were going backward and so on. If you could post your experience in point form with approximate times and dates in the sequence in which they happened from your experiential point of view, that would be very helpful.

In the meantime, I know there is a lot of talk about time travel being possible, but from what I've seen, that is mostly a pop-science/sci-fi perspective. I've run across other scientists who are on my side of the fence, which is that it's not possible. For the newbie in this subject, it's not easy to see why, but it can be explained. It also doesn't negate the possibility of something happening that is interpreted as time travel, when it is in fact something else. So I'm not saying people don't have experiences that they think are time travel. I've had some bizarre experiences where time seemed to flow very out of the ordinary. So strange things do happen. We just need to be careful not to jump to conclusions about them before we have an explanation.

3. Jack Starks

Jack Starks Paranormal Novice

Hey, Usual suspect. I am a independent film director, and I was wondering if I could have your permission to write a film based on your time slip experiences, thanks!

4. Usual Suspect

Usual Suspect USI Calgary

Home Page:
    I've only had three experiences involving unusual time experiences, and they all happened when I was much younger. Plus there are a lot more interesting stories than mine out there to pick from too. Recently however, since we're on the subject, I was talking with a Church minister I crossed paths with at Starbucks about the experience I had in my twenties out in Rogers Pass when something that I interpreted at the time as some sort of transcendent entity, God or I dunno what exactly, communicated with me. It turned out that someone else who had driven through the same area ( I think on a different date ) also communicated with something there in sort of a telepathic way ( for lack of a better term ). Another person I talked to about my experience said that it could have been what the First Nations people call the great Manitou. So something strange seems to happen out there from time to time.

The way time shifted during my experience there was more like it was frozen all around me while I moved through the scene. Like a holodeck on pause. My first experience many years before that was just a classic missing time experience involving a craft and some other little people and some other kids I knew from the neighborhood, but I was just a small child. Nobody takes those stories seriously. The most interesting one to me wasn't any sort of alien thing, but seemed to involve what is generically referred to as a dimensional portal. The time differential was relatively small ( a number of hours ), but that's not the strange part. It seems to me like we stepped into a parallel world. I realize this sounds kooky, and one of the people I was with writes it off as sleep deprivation, but I don't think it can be explained that simply. There were other details that don't seem to be reasonably explainable any other way. I don't ever recall going back either.

technomage likes this.
  5. blowfish

blowfish Whittingham

US,
    During high stressfull situations time seems to slow down. For example eyewitness in car accidents, folks nearly drowning, folks falling from large building which they survie even when they have terrible injuries, shooting events (which some folks experience when free fall abseiling down into caves etc.)