• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I got mugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
our right to bare arms is not for hunting. it is for rogue governments like the one we have.

I used to be completely against allowing citizens to carry firearms and never understood why Americans were so fixated on this right. In recent years as we have slipped further and further into a fascist Orwellian nightmare my point of view has changed. The government and their minions will use any and all weapons against the population if they deem it necessary. An armed populace will at least have a chance of putting up some resistance against them rather than just being slaughtered.

The laws regarding weapons are basically the same here in Canada as they are in the UK. I have to seriously question your assertion that having access to guns makes you safer. The population of the US is 10 times that of Canada, yet the homicide rate is probably 1000 times that of our country. The number of people killed in the entire country of Canada in a year is about the same as an average month in New York city.

Guns in the hands of ordinary citizens don't prevent crime, statistics often show that people who are victims of gun violence are many times killed with their own guns. There is no need for hand guns to be in the hands of anyone other then the police. Despite the nonsense that the NRA would like you to believe, countries with proper gun control are far safer. Criminals don't carry guns here, it's very rare for someone to have an illegal firearm here, fact is they just are not that easy to get. $50 will get you a 38 calibre revolver on the street in New York city if you know where to look, and it's because a huge percentage of legal guns are stolen and become illegal firearms which are sold to criminals and used against law abiding citizens who then go out and buy legal guns, which get stolen and become illegal guns......etc.etc....

AH, that is a big stinking lie.

You need to take a look at how many crimes are prevented by citizens who own guns. Guns in the hands of police do not prevent crime at ALL. In fact, we have one of the most militarized police forces in the world, and guess what? They don't stop crimes at all. Their job, is to take reports, and investigate crimes that have taken place. They also serve to write traffic tickets, and harass the law abiding.

I am a responsible gun owner. I've never needed a gun to defend myself. I've had people try to pull guns on me, and they ended up with my boot in their ass. I do not fuck around with people, and I would imagine if people were to adopt a more assertive stance, instead of being pussified, and allow themselves to be victims, there would be a decrease in criminal behavior.

Criminal behavior starts with bad parenting. It ends when someone stands up and puts a boot, or a bullet in a criminal's ass. Being able to defend one's self, family, and property is a GOD given right. I don't need your permission to use lethal force to defend my life, or my family. I don't need the government's permission either. Depriving me of a gun only enables a criminal to run freely to do whatever they like to me and mine.

Guns are great at leveling the playing field. Especially when you know what you're doing.

Just because you and others have an aversion to guns, or an ingrained fear of them, doesn't mean that some of us have to conform to your fearful nature. I don't need a gun to defend myself against someone who has one. I might need one someday if I want to preserve my life, my family's lives, or my property.

Get a gun. See how well you sleep at night knowing that no matter how big and bad some criminal is, they can die just as easily with bullet between their eyes. If you want to be a statistic that's your choice. On the other hand, what if a guy like me saves your life defending you?

Whether guns are legal or not, criminals always have access to them. So why not allow ordinary citizens, subject to criminal record checks, to legally own some kind of weapon? I used to be dead against the legalisation of firearms in the UK. Since having a knife to my throat, I've changed my mind. Due to health problems, I don't have the physical strength to ward off an attacker. Plus I'm only a smidgen over 5 ft tall, so I'd be no match for most men, anyway.

Why the hell shouldn't I have some other means of defending myself? It's ridiculous that I can't even legally own pepper spray. The law basically says that if someone attacks me, and I'm unable to use sheer brute force to defend myself, I have to basically just stand there and take it.

Anyway, I don't mean to get pissy with anyone, I just think that until someone has a criminal act perpetrated against them, it's easy to play the bleeding heart liberal. Being threatened with a knife has the peculiar knack of making you view the world very differently to how you saw it five minutes before the attack.

Whether guns are legal or not, criminals always have access to them. So why not allow ordinary citizens, subject to criminal record checks, to legally own some kind of weapon? I used to be dead against the legalisation of firearms in the UK. Since having a knife to my throat, I've changed my mind. Due to health problems, I don't have the physical strength to ward off an attacker. Plus I'm only a smidgen over 5 ft tall, so I'd be no match for most men, anyway.

Why the hell shouldn't I have some other means of defending myself? It's ridiculous that I can't even legally own pepper spray. The law basically says that if someone attacks me, and I'm unable to use sheer brute force to defend myself, I have to basically just stand there and take it.

Anyway, I don't mean to get pissy with anyone, I just think that until someone has a criminal act perpetrated against them, it's easy to play the bleeding heart liberal. Being threatened with a knife has the peculiar knack of making you view the world very differently to how you saw it five minutes before the attack.

If I knew I could get away with it, I'd send you a 9mm Baby Eagle. Best 9mm ever made for busting a cap.

its really three scenarios then, self defense, hunting and civil war

as far as self defense goes you dont really need a gun, there are plenty of non lethal precautions and options you can take.
i was trained in weapon "principles", for example the han-bo or short stick can be found on the dojo wall, but also in a walking stick or umbrella, the Bo or long stick in a broom or rake.
weighted chain weapons can be found in a telephone receiver and cord.... and so on

jackie chan loves to show this off (perhaps over does it) in his movies, you know the scenes, the ones where he thwarts a gang of agressors in the kitchen using every pot, pan and kettle in the space, along with a kitchen table, stool, and a handy length of fresh home made noodles......

many a well equiped army has suffered at the hands of guerrillas using improvised weapons, your brain is a much better tool for defense than any given weapon.
for me everything is a weapon if necessary, relying on a single device ie gun, is from my pov a mistake, and false security

im not against guns, if you are more likely to turn a corner and run into a bear, than you are a person then you prob should carry one.

but they are not a pre requisite for sucessful self defense.

now a civil war, citizens bearing arms will NOT allow you to repeat the feat your forefathers pulled off against the british, times have changed, thats just not do-able anymore, and there are a zillion reasons, but ill cite some simple ones.

in the days when the consitution was written , almost everybody grew their own food, or had access to game.....

the population today relys on the "system" now it cant break away from it, it would starve.........

when the consitution was written there were a lot less people, and a lot more resources/game/land to go around..... the reverse is the case today.

if you look at just the ratio of people to land, you can see the consitution is well and truly out of date, thats not to say some of the wisdom in this great document isnt still valid.

if youve managed to sucessfully defend yourself today without killing someone, if you did the same last week/month/year. if in fact you have gone your whole life without killing someone in self defense, id say your brain has done a great job in looking after you

a gun is just a tool, not a pre requisite for self defense.

hunting will have to be banned eventually(private lands and animals excepted), too many people not enough game....... if todays population started taking dinner from the wild like the consitutional population did........ the word Bison ring any bells ?

almost hunted to extinction, because individuals dont regulate themselves, and if the collective doesnt step in and do it for them.....

to my mind the "sense" of (false) protection afforded to the average citizen by having a gun, is disproportionate to the damage they cause , either thru crime or accident.

im pretty certain that simply by the numbers a model where everybody has a gun, is going to have a lot more tragedy, than a model where only those who need them ie army, police ,farmers/ranchers etc have them.

its really three scenarios then, self defense, hunting and civil war

as far as self defense goes you dont really need a gun, there are plenty of non lethal precautions and options you can take.
i was trained in weapon "principles", for example the han-bo or short stick can be found on the dojo wall, but also in a walking stick or umbrella, the Bo or long stick in a broom or rake.
weighted chain weapons can be found in a telephone receiver and cord.... and so on

jackie chan loves to show this off (perhaps over does it) in his movies, you know the scenes, the ones where he thwarts a gang of agressors in the kitchen using every pot, pan and kettle in the space, along with a kitchen table, stool, and a handy length of fresh home made noodles......

many a well equiped army has suffered at the hands of guerrillas using improvised weapons, your brain is a much better tool for defense than any given weapon.
for me everything is a weapon if necessary, relying on a single device ie gun, is from my pov a mistake, and false security

im not against guns, if you are more likely to turn a corner and run into a bear, than you are a person then you prob should carry one.

but they are not a pre requisite for sucessful self defense.

now a civil war, citizens bearing arms will NOT allow you to repeat the feat your forefathers pulled off against the british, times have changed, thats just not do-able anymore, and there are a zillion reasons, but ill cite some simple ones.

in the days when the consitution was written , almost everybody grew their own food, or had access to game.....

the population today relys on the "system" now it cant break away from it, it would starve.........

when the consitution was written there were a lot less people, and a lot more resources/game/land to go around..... the reverse is the case today.

if you look at just the ratio of people to land, you can see the consitution is well and truly out of date, thats not to say some of the wisdom in this great document isnt still valid.

if youve managed to sucessfully defend yourself today without killing someone, if you did the same last week/month/year. if in fact you have gone your whole life without killing someone in self defense, id say your brain has done a great job in looking after you

a gun is just a tool, not a pre requisite for self defense.

hunting will have to be banned eventually(private lands and animals excepted), too many people not enough game....... if todays population started taking dinner from the wild like the consitutional population did........ the word Bison ring any bells ?

almost hunted to extinction, because individuals dont regulate themselves, and if the collective doesnt step in and do it for them.....

to my mind the "sense" of (false) protection afforded to the average citizen by having a gun, is disproportionate to the damage they cause , either thru crime or accident.

im pretty certain that simply by the numbers a model where everybody has a gun, is going to have a lot more tragedy, than a model where only those who need them ie army, police ,farmers/ranchers etc have them.

Sorry Mike, this is where you and I part ways.

There is actually a surplus of game, because the gun culture, and hunting culture have been marginalized over the last 20 years. You are more likely to hit a deer with your car, than you have been in any other time in history.

There are plenty of animals to hunt and eat, even if everyone took a deer, they would live off it for a month. We'd still have plenty of deer to go around.

The model you talk about with so much praise, is the same model used by the Nazis just before they rounded up 6 million Jews, and 12 million undesirables.

the model is irrefutable, as the global population increases, the resource base shrinks, water is just sample of the overall problem

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=5795

the world over the population is being disarmed, because the last thing this model needs is everyone having a gun being part of the mix.

you saw what happened to the bison, people if left to regulate themselves dont, thats why you need licenses and hunting limits imposed by the state

the bison and the dodo are historical examples of the alternative

the model is irrefutable, as the global population increases, the resource base shrinks, water is just sample of the overall problem

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=5795

the world over the population is being disarmed, because the last thing this model needs is everyone having a gun being part of the mix.

you saw what happened to the bison, people if left to regulate themselves dont, thats why you need licenses and hunting limits imposed by the state

the bison and the dodo are historical examples of the alternative

The reason why the Bison were wiped out, is because the European Cattle Industry wanted it that way.

Everyone should be armed for the simple fact that there may come a day when some government or criminal may come to where you live and decide you need to get onto a rail car to be disposed of. Your model, is the Nazi Model. If that's what you think is best Mike, then you and I are ALWAYS going to disagree.

First off let me say how sorry I am for you, Siani. There is nothing I hate worst then seeing a woman treated in that manner. I guess I am a bit “macho” in those regards because I truly detest men who push around women and think they are cowardly pussies who if confronted by any many of character would pee their pants and run away.

Men do not treat women in that manner. I guess I was just raised differently. Robbing women and hitting on them are the kind of guys who got beat up by men. I would suggest you carrying some form of personal defense, regardless of what the “law” say is legal. The law of the land and also the law of averages says you are better served to protect yourself. I hope this never happens to you again.

The advice to take martial arts is excellent as well. I have taken Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, and Muay Thai Kickboxing off and on for years. It sounds like Pixel and Tommy are fellow martial artists as well. I hope there are more among us.

Now for the “gun” issue…..

I think it is interesting and rather telling that a few of the posters who take particular issues that are contested (Conspiracies) that apply to human beings (which I find so damn odd that people who are interested in paranormal events would do that in the manner they do (treating people like kooks when other "mainstream" people treat them like kooks for their views), but that is a different topic, I digress..) are anti-gun to the extent they are. It makes sense though as we have a laughing and highly uninformed society in general.

Anyways, I am an American who strongly believes that the LAWS of my land are the ones that were written upon being founded over 200 years ago. The people who founded this country, great men who like all had serious flaws (slavery among other issues) understood the NEED for an armed citizen. That is why the LAW for firearms was the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> point they made, right after the one that says you can say what you want to say. Based on that alone, I support the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Amendment.

I also support it because it makes sense. While it also protects the individual in a situation where their life is in danger due to someone else’s aggression, it’s primary function is to ensure that the society and government do not lose their ever loving minds. I basic study of history last century should give you a brutal crash course lesson in this. Were those in Nazi Germany that were put in ovens to die armed? How about the millions of Russians that were killed by their own government? How about in China? Get the point?

Whole groups of people go CRAZY and get in control. It happens in every society, every culture, it is a serious human flaw we have. To combat that WE THE PEOPLE (hey, Americans, remember that?) are armed to ENSURE no such thing can happen to our own country. That is the REASON for guns and the reason why we have the legal rights to own them. Those who disagree I challenge them to KNOW their own history and the history of the world to have a basic understanding of this. It should be very obvious to them with some history and common sense combined.

and every women should wear an iron chastity belt because there are rapists out there ?................

i could install a mini nuke in the basement, wire it into the house alarm and put up signs saying burglars beware, this house is protected by a mini nuke security system, there will be nowhere for you to run if you trip it.

just because a device will give you a sense of security doesnt mean you should have one personally.

down here you cant keep a loaded gun under the bed, the gun has to be stored in a locked gun locker, with the bolt and ammo in a gun safe. if a farmer needs to kill something, ie bush fire injured livestock, he can take the device assemble it, and do the job. its no protection against burglars.

you dont need the overkill of a mini nuke security system, because a gun will do the job better and safer, but by that logic, you dont need a gun where a good motion sensing alarm system with backup power, and a purpose built "safe room" will work better still.

you will be safer at night if you knew the bad guys were coming as they came over your fence/gate, and getting to a safe room , while the property lights up like christmas, alarms blaring. than you would trying to grab your gun from under the bed, half asleep and groggy once hes inside the house or even leaning over you with a gun of his own.

best defense against a burglar with a gun, is knowing hes coming long before hes in the room with you, not having a gun under the bed, and trying to grab it half asleep at the last minute

you are far safer using the tools to give you advanced warning, than you are using a tool to kill someone in the same room as you, that extra lead time would be my first choice of defense.

the mini nuke alarm sounds absurd, because if everyone had this system, then eventually someone is going to forget the alarm code late one night after a big night at the pub, and blammo.............tragedy

the potential for disaster far outweighs any perception of safety, owning such a device might bring.

all im saying is, if the application is self defense, the gun, like the mini nuke, may not be the safest option to choose in acheiving the goal.

guns are for killing things, if you dont need to kill things.... you dont need one

saying that a criminal might come to your house with one, means you need one, is like saying because women get raped, your wife and daughter need to wear iron chastity belts.......

I felt very much like you, Mike, until I was the victim of a crime that put me in fear of my life. I was utterly unable to defend myself, and cannot take up martial arts due to osteoarthritis of the spine. So I would like a weapon. I'm sick of junkie scum taking what they want from people they see as vulnerable. Mentally, I'm as tough as old boots, so I'm FURIOUS that I couldn't give that creep a good kicking. If I can somehow acquire pepper spray, or a mini taser, fuck help the next dirtbag who threatens me like that. Even at the time of the attack, I was more angry than scared.

i agree, and youve mentioned two non lethal options , which i agree you should have access to, i would love nothing more than for your situation to have ended with you pulling out a tazer, and zapping the moron.

that as a "return" for his ill though investment of time to rob, would be optimum in my books.
im all for self defense, im just not a fan of gunpowder as a means.

and to explore that for a moment, the shitty little bastard is already in what i would perceive as a private hell anyway if he's got to rob people, im so glad i dont have to rob people to get by, im glad im not addicted to the sorts of drugs that might cause such behavior, its a pretty miserable way to exist.

to take that reality and cross it with one where you could have shot him dead........

i dunno i just get the impression there would be no happy endings there, that for the rest of your life the fact you'd shot dead someone, so impoverished by personal addiction/circumstance, would be a source of great personal regret.

outsmarting/thwarting these people , would i think be easier to live with as a memory.

in hindsight, considering all that was lost, would you choose the reality you have, or one where you pull out tommys 9 mill and cap his ass, possibly putting you in prison

you should feel safe, and you should employ any and all means (including a gun) to feel safe.

i personally choose not to rely on gunpowder as a means, to me everything is a weapon, most especially my mind and ability to plan ahead, to put all my faith in a single device would mean i was defenseless if caught without it...............

for me its about choosing the best means for the situation, if a tazer gives you the ability to defend yourself, and has the added bonus of not sending you to prison if you use it, id say in the big picture its the better option.

there are no absolutes, no black and whites

its about risk assesment and mitigation, and choosing an option thats best for you

i'd like to share a story, one of my dearest aqaintenses is a elderly lady by the name of valentina, she is a russion jewess, living here in australia, she started her career as a nurse in the russian army, and "was KGB" as she once said, qualifying that "everybody was KGB"

i met her in a sydney hospital where we both worked, in the radiology dept, my computer room was on the same floor across the corridor.

she told me of the time she was mugged in new york city USA, a man walked up to her on a busy street and pulled a gun and robbed her, and no one helped, the people just kept walking past, turning a blind eye to what was happening. that shocked her more than the mugging i think.

now in her situation, would having a pistol of her own been of any help ? the guy already had the draw on her.

even if she had a pistol, all she would have been able to do, is hand over the purse.
another gun, would not have been a solution, just a recipie for tragedy

for me what i draw from this experiance and Siani's is its better to carry a dummy wallet, than a pistol if you want to be able to deal with this sort of situation to best result, by all means wear a hidden under shirt holster, but have your keys and cards in it.

like it or not, we have to try and think our way out of and around these things not shoot our way out

Here's a little story, right out of the news here where I live.

A guy here in Minneapolis, was coming out of a restaurant with his mom, his sister, and a friend.

They were robbed at gunpoint. After giving the robber what he wanted, the wallet, the purses, guess what the robber did? Shot him in the head, and then left like nothing happened.

Here's another True Story. A friend of mine named Michelle Jensen was at a party with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend was in a gang. Guess what happened to her? She was raped, her car stolen, her money stolen, was then taken to a deserted stretch of a gravel road, and shot in the back of the head with a shotgun.

Your assertion of carrying a dummy wallet, or letting the robber have their way, is absolute fucking bullshit. People break down into two categories. Non Victims, and Statistics.

When you're a non-victim, you can talk all this polyanna bullshit about how we need to get rid of guns for the good of society, and demand that other people relinquish their rights so YOU can feel safer.

After you've become a statistic, you're either Dead, or psychologically traumatized, taking years to get over your fear, and or feelings of violation.

Is it worth making other people a statistic, just so you can feel safe?

Here's the fastest way to fix Mike's point of view on the whole anti-gun stance.

I walk up to Mike, and knock the dogshit out of him.

When he gets up, and he wants to fight back, two guys grab him, and hold him, I then explain to him that he has no right to personal defense. I have a fist, and he does not. (Substituting my gun for a fist)

I then walk up to Mike again, and knock the living dogshit out of him, leaving him to die.

If he gets up, is he going to want to defend himself, and fight back, or is he going to wait until someone comes along to arrest me?

Cops can't be everywhere, and calling 911, or what I like to call, Dial A prayer, isn't going to save you when seconds count. If someone has a gun on you, and if you turn around and draw down on them, you have the advantage, especially if you do not hesitate to kill whomever it is that has made it clear they will take your life.

ANYONE who threatens me and mine has forfeited their right to draw breath in this world. Just like if I were to walk up to Mike, and knock the shit out of him, I would fully expect him to defend himself, and beat the shit out of me until I left, or couldn't victimize him further.

I'm very passionate about the right to self defense and self preservation and do not actually want Mike to be a statistic. I want Mike to understand that the world is not a pretty place. In Australia, you can become a statistic just as easily as you can become one here in the US, in some cases easier. By taking away weapons from the law abiding, you take away what could be the only defense for the elderly, the weak, or those who simply cannot fight.

I wish you well Mike, and would not actually beat the crap out of you to prove a point. I hope that I have adequately illustrated my point of view.

I prefer pepper spray, then stump on their nutts. A gun would only kill them too quickly, if I hit the right spot that is. I want them to suffer.

I don't own a gun. Have no probs with others who do, so long as they aint dumbasses. I did see a friend of mine get shot through the face once when I was like 13. The shooter's dumbass parents didn't keep the gun locked up etc. I nearly got my balls shot off that day too.. Long story.. If only there were a ban on stupidity. Guns in dumb hands = bad. Unfortunately, dumb = most Americans. I think both people, pro or against guns make good points. In the end, a gun is only as helpful, or useful, as it's owner and circumstance.

I personally, don't fear death. If I did, I might own a gun. If I had a fear of death, that might take me off the fence. I do fear being in pain, or injured, and in certain moments think about getting one I must admit. But, I kinda resonate more with the girly mace and pepper spray. Then a kick in the nutts. Yes, I'm sexist. I doubt I'll be held up by a woman.

Here's the fastest way to fix Mike's point of view on the whole anti-gun stance.

I walk up to Mike, and knock the dogshit out of him.

When he gets up, and he wants to fight back, two guys grab him, and hold him, I then explain to him that he has no right to personal defense. I have a fist, and he does not. (Substituting my gun for a fist)

I then walk up to Mike again, and knock the living dogshit out of him, leaving him to die.

If he gets up, is he going to want to defend himself, and fight back, or is he going to wait until someone comes along to arrest me?

Cops can't be everywhere, and calling 911, or what I like to call, Dial A prayer, isn't going to save you when seconds count. If someone has a gun on you, and if you turn around and draw down on them, you have the advantage, especially if you do not hesitate to kill whomever it is that has made it clear they will take your life.

ANYONE who threatens me and mine has forfeited their right to draw breath in this world. Just like if I were to walk up to Mike, and knock the shit out of him, I would fully expect him to defend himself, and beat the shit out of me until I left, or couldn't victimize him further.

I'm very passionate about the right to self defense and self preservation and do not actually want Mike to be a statistic. I want Mike to understand that the world is not a pretty place. In Australia, you can become a statistic just as easily as you can become one here in the US, in some cases easier. By taking away weapons from the law abiding, you take away what could be the only defense for the elderly, the weak, or those who simply cannot fight.

I wish you well Mike, and would not actually beat the crap out of you to prove a point. I hope that I have adequately illustrated my point of view.

i have had to "fight" for my life, long and sad story, but ive been in that situation, i managed to turn the tables and instead held someone elses life in my hands, i went from having the life choked out of me , to choking the life out of the attacker, i even wispered in his ear "im not counting" in reference to the equation ten second choke hold unconciousness, 20 second choke hold, death.......

but despite the fact this man had split my wifes lip, and almost killed me when i went to her defence, i chose to hospitalise his sad ass, not terminate it. the choice was mine, i WAS counting and i let go at 10, and kicked his sorry ass like a football until he managed to get up and run away, 30 mins later an ambulance took him away, he lived, but as his lawyer stated in court ,just barely.

im glad i made the choice i did, i would be in prison today if i had killed him as i all too easily could have.

i might add the person i chose not to kill even though i had the motive and opertunity to do so, was later scheduled by detectives to a psychiatric ward

at the end of the day and despite the desperate nature of the event as it unfolded, i was in control the choices were mine and i made them

i think i made good ones, no one was killed

If you want a quick lesson on what happens when you ban guns from law abiding citizens, look no further than the ban on firearms from Australia in 1995. From 1996 to 2006 The number of total violent crimes and the numbers of all individual categories of violent crime, with the exception of murder, increased.

Sourced -- ( http://www.aic.gov.au/topics/violence/stats/ ) and more specifically ( http://www.aic.gov.au/topics/violence/stats/assault/ )

Assaults rose steadily from around 9,000 in 1995 to nearly 16,000 in 2006. Victim/offender relaionships show that males as offenders were strangers to the victim 51% of the time.(stats available only until 2003, the last available study for this statistic). http://www.aic.gov.au/topics/violence/stats/assault/victim-offender.html

Also, with firearms of any sort harder to obtain the weapon of choice became a knife. ( http://www.aic.gov.au/stats/crime/weapons.html ).

Conversly, Since 1993 (the year many states started allowing concealed carry permits) violent crime in the U.S. has dropped.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ncsucr2.gif

Banning a firearm does not end violent crime. In fact the argument can be made, quite easily, that it actully contributes to its increase. Criminals that know that their victims are not going to be armed have an automatic advantage. Disarming the law abiding is really just making them easier victims. At least that is my opinion.

i still recall with clarity having him in a choke hold, flexing my arm muscles, so he couldnt breath.

he actually cried out to his mother, managed to croak help me mum... hes killing me.... and i was, i was killing him... he went limp and i knew that if i held that lock for just ten more seconds........

the guy had just split my wife's lip with her own broom, which he had stolen and displayed as a trophy on his porch .
when she went to get it back he beat her with it,splitting her lip and dragged her into his front yard holding her off the ground by the scruff of her neck and sneered at her, your husband cant save you......he doesnt have the balls

seconds later i proved him wrong, hit him like a freight train and proceded to kill him, it was a dirty fight, and i can confirm the "long pork" rumours, humans really do taste like pork, both flavour and consistancy, it was tooth and claw, but eventually i had him, but as he cried out to his "mother" in his last moments, i chose not to kill him. i remember the choice like it was yesterday.

i was never charged, and he was scheduled by police to the nuthouse, though he sued me , but it was thrown out of court. his lawyer even had a neuroligist testify that so brutal was his beating, his brain membranes tore and it was "sloshing" around in his head

i chose not to be a murderer, i dont need to fantasise about violence, ive been there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back