• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Howard Menger

Free episodes:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Howard Menger, then a sign painter from High Bridge, NJ, first came to public attention on the famous Long John Nebel all-night radio show. In passing, let me say that Long John was a pioneer in the talk show field, and his show was the ancestor of Coast-to-Coast AM, because it also featured paranormal discussions.

Menger delivered the usual claims of the period, that he was in touch with blond aliens from outer space.

A few years later, his book, "From Outer Space to You," appeared courtesy of the late Gray Barker's Saucerian Press. Knowing Barker, I suspect the manuscript was heavily edited before it appeared in print.

Now in the mid-1960's, I was working with Jim Moseley on Saucer News. Jim got a call from Menger, and we all hooked up for lunch at a restaurant across the street from the magazine's famous offices at 303 Fifth Avenue. Menger, despite being criticized extensively in the magazine, proved personable, and gave us some unexpected news. He said that he had begun to feel that his contacts were actually with government agents, who used him as part of a disinformation campaign.

In later years, Menger was trying to sell plans for portable spacecraft and other stuff.

I don't know what motivated him to make the claim of government participation. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if he told us the truth. Further, that other contactees of that era might have also been manipulated in that fashion. In the end, it made the UFO field look foolish to many people, and if that was the intent, it was a success.

While I haven't read 'From Outer Space to You' the general outline is known to me including Menger changing his story a couple of times. Menger who seems like a decent and warm bloke didn't do so well in the tactical department in my humble opinion.

What is new to me however is that Gray Barker was involved with releasing Menger's book. I think we're talking about the same Gray Barker as in Moseley's compadre? Small world. In what way did Barker edit the manuscript? I'm curious.

TerraX said:
While I haven't read 'From Outer Space to You' the general outline is known to me including Menger changing his story a couple of times. Menger who seems like a decent and warm bloke didn't do so well in the tactical department in my humble opinion.

What is new to me however is that Gray Barker was involved with releasing Menger's book. I think we're talking about the same Gray Barker as in Moseley's compadre? Small world. In what way did Barker edit the manuscript? I'm curious.
So many years have passed, and I'll be generous and I'll assume it was largely a matter of making the manuscript have a novel-like flow rather than messing much with the content.

newinitiation said:
To Terrax
This Howard Menger is another fraud you can forget about
www.figu.org/ de/ figu/ bulletin/ s25/ the_newest.htm
Well, you can do a couple of things Newinitiation. You can simply take Meier's word for it (as you do now) or you can research what Howard Menger was all about and then reach a conclusion. Unlike Meier, Howard Menger was an upstanding citizen and didn't spend time in jail or a psychiatric institute and he didn't deserted from the army.......like Meier. So considering these aspects, Menger's conduct was much better. Actually Newinitiation, it makes me wonder who the real fraud is.

From Timothy Good's book Alien Base;

"Several individuals claiming to have witnessed some of Menger's contacts came forward and spoke on The Long John Party Line, hosted by 'Long' John Nebel on radio station WOR, New York City. One of these witnesses was Menger's father. Here follows part of that interview:

NEBEL: Would you say these were normal-sized people?
MENGER Sr.: Oh, no. I would say one was about six-feet-two or three, and the other was about six feet.
NEBEL: Were you close enough to observe their features?
MENGER Sr.: No, that I wasn't.
NEBEL: Did you notice what they wore?
MENGER Sr.: To a certain extent, yes. As far as I could see, they wore something similar to ski-suits, tight at the wrists and ankles . . . It was a dark night . . . but these people seemed to have a glow to them. That is how we discovered they were coming towards us - by the glow. When these people left us, the grass there (and I know positively because I had cut some of it) was three feet high. And they went through that grass like it was a nice concrete walk, with no exertion at all . . .
NEBEL: You have seen the ships, too, haven't you?
MENGER Sr.: Oh, yes, I have seen them in the air and in the daytime I saw them, and at first was very sceptical.

Another of the many witnesses to some of the phenomanon which seemed literally to surround Menger at the time was 'Mr X', a physicist who later became a businessman. On 10 January 1957 he testified on The Long John Party Line that on one occasion, together with three other witnesses, he had seen and
heard Menger communicating with extraterrestrials.

Mr X: ...the five of us went out and Menger took us through very rough terrain. The underbrush was kind of high...and Rose Menger pointed out a glowing light between the trees...It would take about 15 seconds to grow dim, and another 30 seconds to get brighter again. It was pulsating at about that rate...about 200 or 300 feet away. And it could be seen only through the trees. We were in an open clearing about 50 feet in diameter, and at the end of this clearing were the trees...Howard Menger suddenly said, 'Wait here', and he walked off toward the light. He didn't go very far. It must have been about 40 feet, and then he stopped and we heard two male voices talking... Menger walked right into
the trees. He was probably about 15 or 20 feet into the trees...
NEBEL: Now, you heard two voices, one that you recognized as Mr Menger's - and do you feel the other voice could possibly have been Mr Menger's?
Mr X: No, it had a different quality to it. It was more sing-songy than his voice...I couldn't make out the words. I listened as acutely as I could... And this conversation went on for at least half an hour... While he was talking we were facing Mr Menger and this person...whomever he was talking to.
NEBEL: You could not see him, could you?
Mr X: You could see a silhoutte, a dark shadow.
NEBEL: Do you know it was another form there?
Mr X: It looked like two forms. I could not distinguish any facial characteristics.But I could pick out two forms...the other individual was slightly taller. While we were looking in that direction we heard somebody walking along the edge of the trees, walking toward our right, and stopping...Then we heard another person walking. We could hear the underbrush crackling and they walked around almost to the rear of us among the trees. In other words, we were surrounded...I am quite sure there were three of
them...then Howard Menger came back and he said, 'Gee, I'm awfully sorry, I know how you feel, but I can't take you up there'...he looked very, very disappointed. I am sure he wanted us to see what was going on.
NEBEL: Did he imply that these people were from outer space?
Mr X: Yes. He did say there were three people: two men and a woman. I asked him what they said, but he said, 'I can't tell you...I would like to tell you but cannot', and it seemed to be something personal...
NEBEL: Could this have been a 'set-up'?
Mr X: Well, we had a difficult job finding that spot. Howard Menger had not been there before. It was obvious we were lost when we started. And we had a lot of difficulty getting to this spot. We were going through underbrush and actually had to fight our way through. I am quite sure he had never been there before.

"....was an upstanding citizen and didn't spend time in jail or a psychiatric institute and he didn't deserted from the army.......like Meier"

You made me smile with this comment. Do you think that aliens care?
Do you think they would say, well, I am not abducting him because he has been in jail and deserted the army and is known for being nutty?

Faulty reasoning my friend. However, I am supposing that is YOUR reason for not believing someone.

It is widely known that aliens abduct from jails just as easily as white picket fence houses. :)

Joan said:
"....was an upstanding citizen and didn't spend time in jail or a psychiatric institute and he didn't deserted from the army.......like Meier"
You made me smile with this comment. Do you think that aliens care?
Do you think they would say, well, I am not abducting him because he has been in jail and deserted the army and is known for being nutty?
Faulty reasoning my friend. However, I am supposing that is YOUR reason for not believing someone. It is widely known that aliens abduct from jails just as easily as white picket fence houses. :)
Hi Joan. I meant my words in another context. Aliens might not care much about terrestrial affairs and the intriques that go with them at times or they may simply not understand. What we here on earth however understand that if a person criticizes another person or persons heavily while they are not squeeky clean themselves then that is a form off hypocrisy. It's like saying someone shouldn't smoke while having a cigarette in your mouth. Meier was a naughty boy and is an easy target for negative comments yet he discredits people by the bushels. Personally, I feel justified then to give a ?cake` back.

Howard has his own website: Welcome to the Official Howard Menger Website

It's not overly informative, but ...

Here's the good old days.

NYNews-071359-1.jpg

NYNews-071359-2.jpg

Now in the mid-1960's, I was working with Jim Moseley on Saucer News.
You wear your age well if the "cast" photo is recent.

Scoutcraft with ET in front, according to Howard Menger.

Attachments

• HM.PIC2.jpg
    HM.PIC2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 21
TerraX said:
Scoutcraft with ET in front, according to Howard Menger.

Wow, what a piece of crap. My scientific analysis says.....

Just noticed as of the time of typing this, that the Paracast has just as many members as they do threads. It's the Greys' doing.

A.LeClair said:
Wow, what a piece of crap. My scientific analysis says.....

Just noticed as of the time of typing this, that the Paracast has just as many members as they do threads. It's the Greys' doing.

Yes, those Grey's are up to no good :)

Found a movie on YouTube by Howard Menger. Think it's great that these old movies can be watched again.

It is widely known that aliens abduct from jails just as easily as white picket fence houses. :)

I would like to know of a single (just one) documented case wherein a human being was abducted from inside a jail, a prison, any kind of holding cell.

You say it's widely known... so there must be some proof other than anecdotal.

My experience is that aliens generally take people from their homes and from their cars (often when they up and decide to go for a drive out into a lonely area with which they are not necessarily familiar).

Can you please provide a source?

Found a movie on YouTube by Howard Menger. Think it's great that these old movies can be watched again.

Why is it that all these kinds of old UFO films always show an object that looks like it's a pendulum of some kind, bobbing around on a string?

And in this particular video, it never goes behind the trees? It gets real close a couple of times, but never actually goes behind them.

Hmm.

Back