• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How to Make Money Selling Drugs - Instructional Video

Charlie Prime

Paranormal Adept
I watched this last night. It was really good.

IMDB 7.6 - How to Make Money Selling Drugs (2012) - IMDb

MV5BMTQ2NDk2NDcxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDk4MjA3OQ@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

"Ten easy steps show you how to make money from drugs, featuring a series of interviews with drug dealers, prison employees, and lobbyists arguing for tougher drug laws."

Available on Netflix and kickass.to .

I've seen this movie and it's....well.... it's ok, it has some excellent things to say about the drug war and the detrimental effect it has on our society. However, it also gives some really terrible advice. I know most people aren't going to go out and start slinging after they watch the movie, but there's always a few that will and honestly, this movie will get you busted real quick if you follow all of its advice.

They are using a literary technique called Satire.

Satire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Satire is a genre of literature, ...in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, and society itself, into improvement. Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon and as a tool to draw attention to both particular and wider issues in society.

While that may have been the intent of the director, that doesn't mean that everyone is going to recognize that fact. Some people are going to believe that it's meant to be instructional and end up following some really dumb advice.

In an age when anyone can find out as much information as they can by simply using tools such as Google it astounds me that the level of human stupidity appears to be increasing.

Makes me think of these two images:

Stupid-People.jpg

But seriously we all know what Muadib is saying and we all know at least one or two people out there with that sort of disposition.

funny-picture-stupid-people.jpg

Just gotten hooked into the series 'Breaking Bad' after hearing an interview of actor Bryan Cranston on NPR. It's powerful work and I sometimes wonder how accurately it portrays the dark underside of the illicit drug trade, especially crystal meth. I'm guessing it's mostly on target.

But have you read?
how-to-lose-friends-e1360371327876-219x300.jpg

I looked this up on Amazon - sounds like fun! :)

TEXT: " "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" is a bare-faced satire on the worldwide bestseller book, Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. It is also a self-help book, but it tackles the issue from the other side. Irving always considered that Dale Carnegie was all wrong when he encouraged people to smile and be optimistic. His philosophy is totally different. For Irving, great life achievements can be made by those who live negatively.

"In this book you will find advice on how to lose friends and make people hate you so that you will be more productive and successful in your life. This is a self-help book that you have never and will never read something similar to. It is the only book that has ever been written to help people dissolve their human relationships in favor of having a better life! According to Irving, some of us are born with ability to make others peeved, but most of us aren't. We flounder about making empty, vapid, pleasing remarks and before we know it we have another “friend” and have invited him to lunch “someday”. The trouble with most of us is that we don't talk enough. We let the other person get in his views and opinions and permit him to think we are interested in what he has to say. As a result we have “friends” who “drop in to say hello”, corner us on streets to point out what we already know about the weather, invite us to boring dinners, arrange stupid theater parties, and in general ignore the fact that most of us are non-gregarious.

"Tressler has made a living by teaching people how to talk and tell others what they are thinking. That is every man's trouble—he never says what he thinks when he thinks it. Tressler helped people overcome this through his courses. He has developed a course that is one of the significant movements in U. S. social history, a course that's as real as halitosis and even more lasting in its results. How to Lose Friends and Alienate People was written for those who were unable to attend his course. It is aimed at the millions who don't know how to avoid being bored daily in office and home, on street and at table by people who are just plain dull!"
:D

There was this review -

Amazon REVIEW: "A Veritable Guide to Instant Disrepute - In 1936 Dale Carnegie, esteemed speaker and motivator, published his masterpiece on human relations entitled, How to Win Friends and Influence People. A year later, Irving Tressler followed up with a companion guide for those moving in the opposite direction.

"I happened upon this oddity while browsing through the shelves of the library, and borrowed it to see what stuff the writer was made of. It must have been hard stuff. For in the book you will see chapters with headings like, How to Make People Dislike You Instantly; How to Make a Poor First Impression, Give a Dog a Bad Name, etc. Every single one lives up to its promise.

"This book is sidesplitting; actually I got so weak laughing I could not lift it up. The entire text was swallowed up at one sitting (OK maybe one lying).

"I admit it is entirely a parody of Dale Carnegie's work up to the introduction by Thomas Lowell (Carnegie's was by Lowell Thomas). Yet it is more than a caricature, because some of the advice can be applied. After all, who has not had an uncle Ernie who drops to the house unannounced, or a friend, Jimmy who pesters you to double date with him every weekend?

"As you consider your mortality and your declining privacy, as you ponder how to enjoy these transient pleasures, you might just be tempted to apply the untried and untested principles of this exotic burlesque: How to Lose Friends and Alienate People."

Thank you, Jeff. Have no idea if I'll ever have time to read it - but as I am someone who is gifted with the ability to make other people peeved, I probably could have written the book myself. :p

Sentencing Corrupt Bankers to Death by Firing Squad
Amid a sweeping cleanup of its financial sector, Vietnam has sentenced three bankers to death in the past six months.

One duo now on death row embezzled roughly $25 million from the state-owned Vietnam Agribank. Their co-conspirators caught decade-plus prison sentences.

In March, a 57-year-old former regional boss from Vietnam Development Bank, another government-run bank, was sentenced to death over a $93-million swindling job.

According to Vietnam’s Tuoi Tre news outlet, several of his colluders were sentenced to life imprisonment after they confessed to securing bogus loans with a diamond ring and a BMW coupe. And last week, in an unrelated case, charges against senior employees from the same bank allege $47 million in losses from dubious loans.
Sentencing Corrupt Bankers to Death by Firing Squad | Global Research

Deep Events and the CIA’s Global Drug Connection

The global drug connection is not just a lateral connection between CIA field operatives and their drug-trafficking contacts. It is more significantly a global financial complex of hot money uniting prominent business, financial and government as well as underworld figures. It maintains its own political influence by the systematic supply of illicit finances, favors and even sex to politicians around the world, including leaders of both parties in the United States. The result is a system that might be called indirect empire, one that, in its search for foreign markets and resources, is satisfied to subvert existing governance without imposing a progressive alternative.
Deep Events and the CIA’s Global Drug Connection | Global Research

Back