• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Holy crap, how many have HAD this dream

Free episodes:

My version of this dream is compounded by the fact that there actually was a class I forgot to go to in college, for several months. It was Spanish conversation practice. Oops.

I am in my 60's (should I admit this?) and still have this dream occasionally. Usually it is a math class that I have forgotten to go to until it is time for the final and I wonder if I have enough knowledge to fake it. It seems I also have trouble many times just finding the classroom the day of the test. I need to pass the class to graduate! I usually try to think about what in "real life" is causing stress as I think that is the culprit.

Another dream that I put in the same category is finding myself on stage for a performance only to discover that I haven't memorized my lines. I am anxiously wondering what to do.

I think anyone that has gone to school probably has this "test anxiety" dream; my husband and kids have had it also.

i honestly dont recall ever having this dream.
maybe because i was the know it all kid,
one of my nicknames was encyclopedia "surname".

teachers would ask a snap question in class with the preface "can anyone else but mike tell me............"

i always loved exams and tests, a chance to show off my unspeakable brilliance lol

Yes, I still have this dream, particularly the classes I never attended. The thing is, it never really happened in real life. Along the same lines there's also the 'clutter dream' where things are messy and I try to straighten up, but no matter what I do things are still in disarray. If I can figure this out, it turns to a lucid dream, but most times I don't.

I became conscious that i WAS dreaming during this dream one time,(it was a book report that was due). So I parted the roof with my hands like moses and flew out of the classroom at mach 10. Shortly after that I was woken up........ ......Damn! just when it was getting good!:D

Holy crap, I thought I was the only one. I have a recurring dream that usually happens once or twice a year with slight variations. Usually it's about a class that I never attended or studied for where I have to take the final exam. The dream usually proceeds to where I try to drop the class but it's too late and I wake up in extreme panic and sweat. A slight variation that I recall was about a bunch classes that I completely neglected or forgot about and then I find out that I have a bunch of exams and term papers due the next day. The funny thing is that I don't recall ever having this experience when I was in college. I wonder what it could all mean.

I have a different version of this dream sometimes.

As a $cn staff member, our bosses were obsessed with statistics (stats for short). And our stats had to be up, of course and they were due in every single week on Thursday at 2pm SHARP (in respective Time Zones, of course).

And we'd literally be RUNNING while doing our jobs up till the very last second to 'get our stat up'.

I still have dreams of being on post and scrambling like mad to get our stats up by 2.....lol

You don't wanna know what happened when we were 'downstat' :rolleyes:

They did the neuralizer thing on you?

We were literally punished, made to work even longer hours than our already 80-hr work week, had to 'make amends' 'get our stats up' even less sleep than we already had, did very menial tasks (like picking up all the cigarette butts off the ground around the building and in the parking lot, that kinda thing), etc. You get the idea, I'm sure. :eek: Looked down at by fellow staff as being 'downstat' 'sabatoging one's post' etc.etc..:rolleyes:

I don't think you've ever told your story here and I don't blame you if you don't care to, but I know it would be fascinating.

I don't think you've ever told your story here and I don't blame you if you don't care to, but I know it would be fascinating.

Actually Schulyer: I told some of it over in General: Thread titled:
'The Anonymous War on $cientology' or PM me if you wish...

I didn't mean to derail this Thread btw! :eek:

I have bad dreams that I'm back in high-school all the time. Just the other night I was dreaming my dad was chewing me out for making bad grades on my report-card. I'm like...Dad, I'm a grown man now!
I had one where I realized that I was sitting in class naked. No one else had noticed yet, and so I used paper-clips and sheets of paper to make a skirt. I got some compliments on the skirt, but I was stressing because it was made of home-work that had to be turned in soon.

I have bad dreams that I'm back in high-school all the time. Just the other night I was dreaming my dad was chewing me out for making bad grades on my report-card. I'm like...Dad, I'm a grown man now!
I had one where I realized that I was sitting in class naked. No one else had noticed yet, and so I used paper-clips and sheets of paper to make a skirt. I got some compliments on the skirt, but I was stressing because it was made of home-work that had to be turned in soon.

hahhahahahahha! That's hilarious!

It's true. I've had that style of dream since I got out of college. Goes to show what kind of impression such a big event or stress can have on your life.

My dream is pretty much the same but it's the end of the semester and I realise that i have not attended an english class ALL semester and I have a ton of reading to do. In addition it's my last semester and I need the credit to graduate / escape.

Back