• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

High Strangeness in the California Desert

Instead of creating theories on what could be mythical I think getting the two guys to ID the store or use those coordinates to do that is worthwhile. Put in a couple of phone calls, if the organization can take that time and $ to do that, and talk to anyone there that has ever served 1 gallon water jugs ever to a group of guys that all look the same, are in non-patched military outfits and travel in the convoy as described.

Our best information now is that minimart is now boarded up, but we're going to try and confirm that. Ocotillo is a tiny town, and businesses must have a tough time thriving there.

Good witness - not so much.....:(

Good witness - yes.....:)

And since I started these 'My Cousin Vinny' vids I will end with this classic dialog (apropos of nothing) where there is a clear failure to communicate. Side splitting funny -

Last edited:
We are analyzing events with people. Taking note of intents and purposes in an investigation is primary. What's the 'sheesh' about?

What are the 'machinations'? :confused:

'Dismissive reference' regarding 'human nature at work'? I think you misunderstand. My reference to 'human nature' is meant to indicate that the explanation for events are not 'paranormal' or 'high strangeness' - but can be found in the complexities of human nature - be it faulty memory, overactive imaginations, love of the limelight, pursuit of fame and fortune via fraudulent means, innocent mistaken perceptions - and so it goes.

From my reading in the world of the paranormal/ufo world - much can be explained by human nature. Particularly the pied piper syndrome - following perceived 'authorities'. More is taking place that can be understood via the proclivities of human nature than can be explained by alien visitations or governmental shenanigans. I'll give you an example.

I had a conversation with someone about a ufo incident they experienced. Following the telling of the incident the individual said: "Then there was a car in the opposing lane, by the side of the road, an unmarked car, that flashed a light, telling us to leave." As my poster friend, Steve, says: Unpack that - so I began to ask my acquaintance questions about exactly what he meant.

Had I left the statement stand, he was indicating an 'unmarked car' (unmarked police car) turned on a high beam light and flashed it at them, thereby communicating to them that they wanted them to leave the scene at once. For me, there were immediate questions: where was the 'unmarked car' exactly? After several clarifying questions, I found out the 'unmarked car' was a mile down the road. It was 4:30 in the morning - and dark - how did he know it was a police car and 'unmarked'? He said because he could see that there were no lights on the top of the car, nor any markings along the side of the car. How could he determine that from one mile away in the dark? No answer to that. Then I asked about the flashing light he said was coming from the car 'telling them' them leave - how did he know that whoever was flashing the light intended him and his friends to leave? He just knew. Did he talk to the people in the car? No. In fact - that wasn't a fact: it was how he decided to interpret the flashing light from the car. He had not talked to the occupants of the car - and he had no real reason to think that the car was an 'unmarked car', as in 'unmarked police car'. Yet for him the 'unmarked car' was part of a narrative pertaining to a "governmental connection" to the ufo he had just seen, etc.

I'm not getting this. What I have pointed out is that the MIB seem to have a desire to connect with the man - why didn't they come back to make that connection? Why do these curious men show up but never follow through with their purposes? Maybe because they never actually show up in the first place?

What? :confused:
Human nature is all around us, nothing pathetic about it - human nature is all we have and know - it is operating right here on this thread: discomfort in the ufo/paranormal arena having assumptions and stories questioned and put the test of reason and likelihood. That a 'high strange' tall tale would not be greeted with avid interest and unblinking belief startles and unsettles, perhaps. That's what I am getting.

What? :confused: Do you know what this (overused) phrase (on this chat site) actually means? And if so, could you explain how you think I am doing this?

I agree we have nothing unusual at all - and that it is the vagaries of human nature making it more than it is
for any number of reasons.

What we may disagree on: I see nothing unusual about the video and have no reason to believe either story. As far as I am concerned, they are both tall tales - unless there is more to them, more 'evidence' of their actual occurrence.

My apologies, Tyger, My remarks began as an attempt at humor, but conveyed it rather weakly. Personally I welcome stories like these, they re fun, and I like hearing them-makes me think outside the box a bit. Having had my own share of high strangeness experiences, I am willing to entertain others. Again, I am sorry, Tyger, no offense intended, just too tired when I posted it...

My apologies, Tyger, My remarks began as an attempt at humor, but conveyed it rather weakly. Personally I welcome stories like these, they are fun, and I like hearing them-makes me think outside the box a bit. Having had my own share of high strangeness experiences, I am willing to entertain others. Again, I am sorry, Tyger, no offense intended, just too tired when I posted it...

Same here - I, too, love the tall tales. It's why I started reading them as a young person - Fortian kind of stuff. But with my long-running familiarity around this kind of thing - hyper radar now present.

I am of the opinion that a more forensic approach would benefit ufology/high strangeness events. More simple 'gum-shoe' investigative instincts, like around a crime scene, would go far in 'cleaning' up this niche interest.

No offense taken. :)

Back