• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

here is something to think about

Farside

Skilled Investigator
Do you think that aliens at one point where scared of us or still are? I mean war is one of are best qualities of a many qualities.

here is somthing to think about

Farside said:
Do you think that aliens at one point where scared of us or still are? I mean war is one of are best qualities of a many qualities.

Your question possesses lots of ifs. If there are aliens visiting us, which is a matter of speculation. If we did something that would strike fear in their hearts, which is more speculative.

I expect that nuclear war or the threat thereof wouldn't appeal to any aliens visiting us, but even more so for another intelligent race that shares the planet with us. Think about it.

Gene Steinberg said:
Your question possesses lots of ifs. If there are aliens visiting us, which is a matter of speculation. If we did something that would strike fear in their hearts, which is more speculative.

I expect that nuclear war or the threat thereof wouldn't appeal to any aliens visiting us, but even more so for another intelligent race that shares the planet with us. Think about it.

Maybe we are a dieing race in the universe and this is our home plant, striped of memory and marks of the past , but one would ask where is the proof, its just a theory, in all of that a intelligent race could be shareing the earth with us, humans adapted and over come most stuff.

Farside said:

Scared due to our localized war? No. We're no threat to them currently. Maybe somewhere down the road.

I do know of cases in abductions where they are weary, or scared of the human they capture when it breaks paralysis. We're big ogreish brutes to them:)

If anything, they seemed puzzled and confused by humans. At times indifferent.

A.LeClair said:
Scared due to our localized war? No. We're no threat to them currently. Maybe somewhere down the road.

I do know of cases in abductions where they are weary, or scared of the human they capture when it breaks paralysis. We're big ogreish brutes to them:)

If anything, they seemed puzzled and confused by humans. At times indifferent.

puzzled and confused yes I'll give you that one, where no threat to them currently, ok. but when it comes to abductions there only one person, in the olden days it would take a bunch, a whole tribe of people to kill a bison or a mammoth, I am just a puzzled with how the neo-Nazi's think to how society back in say the ice age and Rome or some society that yet to be found or societies that we know where there but yet to find any thing on how they thought and acted, i was not there in there time, writings are good and fun to read but some time a little over embellished, leaving one to think why they wrote it that way. One could say that a wolf that we tag and release is the same thing as abduction cases. I have a hard time think that they, them, ET's, what ever, did not have a time in there history where they where ogreish brutes, but we have no way of knowing that.

A.LeClair said:

That is probably true - but what if the US military-industrial complex are tinkering with technology that could blow a planet apart or collapse a star (either by accident or design)?

Many contact reports describe aliens who aren't scared exactly but concerned about humans and our inherently violent ways "polluting" the cosmos like some sort of virus.

Rick Deckard said:
That is probably true - but what if the US military-industrial complex are tinkering with technology that could blow a planet apart or collapse a star (either by accident or design)?

then one would ask why would they need the technology to blow up a planet or collapse a star, what do they know what we don't known? another idea is where did they get it if they where tinkering with stuff like that, the crashed UFO or form some ancient society? Coming back to the crypto extraterrestrial theory

Rick Deckard said:

Then that might be of a concern I would imagine.

Rick Deckard said:
Well, yeah - a while ago, I was little concerned to read that, in theory, physicists could create *a universe* in the lab:

This site is temporarily unavailable

"We are here...We are here....We are here....We are here!:

horton.jpg

Sorry, I have a 3 1/2 year old.

I suppose I should explain my prior post :p

The Dr. Seuss book, "Horton Hears a Who!", happens to be the literature of favor in the Levine household, compliments of my 3 1/2 year old Daughter.

It is somewhat analogous to your previous post, which is why I brought it up. For those of you who may not be familiar with this clever story, I'll give a quick synopsis...

It all began on the 15th of May, in the Jungle of Nool...Horton is an elephant, who hears a sound from a tiny speck of dust (because of his big ears...) It was a very faint "yelp!" Horton befriends a very tiny who from "whoville", which is the universe of this tiny speck of dust. His intention is to drop it in a clover-field, and save the bilions of tiny little whovillians. But, the other jungle-folk such as the obnoxious kangaroo and the mischievous monkeys, think Horton is stupid, and they aim to destroy the tiny speck of dust. One thing leads to another, and the dust-speck is on the verge of destruction, as the jungle-folk are going to throw it in a boiling pot of stew! when Horton advises them to scream at the top of their lungs, and they do:

""we are here! we are here! we are here! we are here!..."

The ignorant jungle folk hear them, their universe is acknowledged, and Horton saves the universe! The whovillians parade around on their dust-speck, tooting horns and playing instruments and all is well, and everyone lives in peace and harmony, and the world is good, and of course, that's the end of the book.

...Well, not exactly a great analogy to the subject. I mean, Horton didn't actually CREATE the dust-speck who-villians, and, the who-villians really posed no threat to the ignorant jungle-folk, so, it's not EXACTLY the same. But, it does involve a cute elephant with big ears, and in my house these days, THAT is a point well made!!! " :p ;)

Sincerely, Tom

...You cannot smoke it in a house, you can not smoke it with a mouse...

:p :p :p

It's not hash, my friend...It's hours and hours of childrens books...over and over and over and...

been there done that. i read Goodnight Moon no less than a million times i think.

pixelsmith said:
been there done that. i read Goodnight Moon no less than a million times i think.

Bunny Money, with Max and Ruby:
"The soap cost a dollar. The washer cost a dollar. The dryer cost a dollar. Money down the drain, Max", said Ruby.

Back