• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hawkeye Pierce Autopsies an Alien

schmawy

Paranormal Novice
Santilli gets pwned.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HOwxgVCVdrg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Good job.
My only quibble is the repetition of the fallacy that Occam's Razor says the simplest explanation is usually the correct one: what it actually says is that entities are not to be divided without necessity - which implies for instance that if something can be explained perfectly well by a known cause, there is no reason to invoke an unknown cause to explain it. This is very close to the simplicity argument, but not quite the same thing.

Maybe Hawkeye should have used the Medical version of the same thing...."When you hear hoof beats, you think Horses, not Zebras"....

I have waited for a long time to see this!! The first time I saw "Riker" pimping it, I expected to get Hawkeye doing the examination!!

Dale

Yes, I remember seeing Frakes' "special effects experts" agog at the "autopsy" film musing how they could scarcely believe anyone could fabricate something so authentic, and how that didn't ring true.

Back