• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Had one of the best beers.

T

Tommy Allison

Staropramen from the Czech Republic. Smooth, and great with Chicken.

I recommend it.

You know, I need to look into it. I went to World Market the other night and got some beer, and bought a sample pack of things I wanted to try.

Needless to say, I had the notion to pick up some Czech Beer from Prague no less.

I guess I'll have to find some Czech Tea as well. I wonder if they have their own brand of Kool Aid?

Belgium for the win:p

I don't drink beer but according to most stats Belgium is the greatest beer country in the world;)

Beer makes me tired and full. It also dehydrates me. It doesn't quench my thrist. I never understood how people could drink beer like it was Gatorade or water. I mostly drink hard stuff. In recent times I've been drinking Seagram's Extra dry Gin with chaser. Gonna drink tonight. Thankfully I never come here when drunk. I'd make a bigger ass out of myself.

Tommy Allison said:
Staropramen from the Czech Republic. Smooth, and great with Chicken.

I recommend it.

Beer is good food! :p Staropramen rocks out. Be careful getting Pilsner Urquel tho...around here, it's always skunked (unless you get draft from a beer bar!). One of my best friends is from Prague!

Let me state for the record that it is probably one of the nicest beers to drink with heavy food. Made Chicken and dumpling soup, the heavy kind with real cream and all that stuff. The kind of meal that puts you out for an hour nap or so.

Needless to say, it went well with it.

Tommy, you should also try Guinness with dessert....really good! And have you ever had Chimay? There are 3 "labels" of Chimay, but I like the blue the best. My sis used to bring me some from MN, but now it's in the grocery stores here. Highly carbonated and champagne-like!

I'll give Chimay a try. I wonder if they carry it somewhere here locally?

Not a big Dessert with alcohol kind of guy. For me, dessert is pie with coffee, or cake with coffee.

Alcohol goes with food, not dessert, unless it's wine and chessecake, or some other decadence.

Call me a purist, but beer is one of those things you drink with heavier food.

a lot of people feel that way about beer w/food, vs dessert, but I find Guinness goes well with chocolate cake! hehe...of course...it's hard to find a bad match for choc. cake...
Chimay has 3 "labels": white, red, and blue....blue is my fav...the red is a little bitter for me...can't remember about the white, and the blue is like an ale...fun stuff...has a champagne cork and everything!

Raevenskye said:
Tommy, you should also try Guinness with dessert....really good! And have you ever had Chimay? There are 3 "labels" of Chimay, but I like the blue the best. My sis used to bring me some from MN, but now it's in the grocery stores here. Highly carbonated and champagne-like!

Chimay is wonderful! Here I can get the Unibroque stuff from Canada too; really nice stuff, much of it in a Belgian ale style... Fin Du Monde is especially good.

The Little Penguin said:
Chimay is wonderful! Here I can get the Unibroque stuff from Canada too; really nice stuff, much of it in a Belgian ale style... Fin Du Monde is especially good.

I really dig Belgian Ales...I'll have to be on the lookout for those, too. We have a place in Charlotte: The Flying Saucer....MAJOR beer place. They'll prob have it there.

I'm usually a lurker around here, but this topic just screams for attention.

Left Hand Brewery Milk Stout.

FWIW, I've taken the tour at New Belgium twice. The first time, we (me and the family) got there early for the tour and they offered to let us do the beer tasting before instead of after. Lots of tasting to get done, you know. At the conclusion of the tour...

"OK, hoped you enjoyed the tour. Are you ready for the tasting?"

"...Yep!"

Due for another trip to Fort Collins.

SnakeOil said:
I'm usually a lurker around here, but this topic just screams for attention.

Left Hand Brewery Milk Stout.

FWIW, I've taken the tour at New Belgium twice. The first time, we (me and the family) got there early for the tour and they offered to let us do the beer tasting before instead of after. Lots of tasting to get done, you know. At the conclusion of the tour...

"OK, hoped you enjoyed the tour. Are you ready for the tasting?"

"...Yep!"

Due for another trip to Fort Collins.

I like the New Belgium stuff, but there's this "biscuit" flavor (most prominent in Fat Tire) that seems to permeate their whole line. I don't mind it, but it makes all their beers a little homogenous for me.

I really do like the 1554 Ale!

Back