• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Suggestion : Ronald Mallet Time Travel Physicist

Killerclown

Skilled Investigator
Hi

just saw a show on National Geographic about the possibility of time travel. On the show they had Dr Mallet (Ph.D. Professor of Physics University of Connecticut) talking about a design he has for an actual time machine which can be built now.

Ronald Mallett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It uses lasers to create gravity - I really don't understand the physics involved but according to the show there is nothing in current knowledge to prevent it working. If they were to build it now, according to Mallet, the
first machine would only be able to transfer subatomic particles such as photons, although it could be scaled up for larger objects as the technology was refined. Basically the idea with the initial machine would be to send information into the past. Also he explained that the problem with the machine was that the furthest you could travel back would be to the time the machine was first switched on.

I think this gentleman would be a great guest to have on the show. I found a link to his website at the university with his contact details:

http://www.phys.uconn.edu/~mallett/main/main.htm

Few more vids:

CNN: Dr. Ronald Mallett's Time Travel Machine

World Exclusive Video: Time Travel Scientist Dr. Ronald Mallett, History Channel - Video

I saw this guy on another show, and he's pretty brilliant. If we can build a time machine, the only place we can go, would be the future, and back to when the machine was first invented. We couldn't go back in time, because of the whole Causality thing. As it stands right now, his small version essentially stops time. I hope they fund this guy, because if we can travel to the future, it would be interesting to see how things go.

I saw this guy on another show, and he's pretty brilliant. If we can build a time machine, the only place we can go, would be the future, and back to when the machine was first invented. We couldn't go back in time, because of the whole Causality thing. As it stands right now, his small version essentially stops time. I hope they fund this guy, because if we can travel to the future, it would be interesting to see how things go.
I heard him on C2C a while back. His idea of building a communication line through time seems more plausible than actual physical travel. It would be the end of financial speculation and lotteries if such a device were available.

I like the idea of switching on a time machine and having all these time travellers pouring through it, having sought out the original contact point.
Excellent guest suggestion.

Back